Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corn began to rise to fame when the government war factories turned into __________ factories.
2. Pollan looks over the land and it makes him think of _________, which is something marketers now try to sell.
3. The _________ is one of the specialized animals that Pollan points out as having no issues with eating.
4. What is NOT one of the threads of the worldwide food chain that humans fit into?
(a) The industrial chain.
(b) The dairy market.
(c) The hunter-gatherer chain.
(d) The organic chain.
5. Corn is one of the only plants that is adaptable to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin is a strong believer in farming in line with one's ___________, as seen in a phone call with Pollan.
2. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
3. Over time, corn has become everything humans need to be a staple of the _________ food chain.
4. Salatin pushes for the right to opt out of ____________ of his farm, according to the book.
5. Many of the products at the health store where Pollan shops contain foods from the _________ food chain.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)