Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ was mass produced because of all of the corn that was grown at the time of the alcohol period in the country.
2. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
(c) Wood chips.
3. The Naylor farm has turned from a diverse farm to one that has become a _________ production mecca.
4. The push for corn has also led to the industrialization of _______ farms, according to Naylor.
5. Buying local foods grown in a __________ manner underwrites a set of values important to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan thinks that if stores had to include __________ of how an item was produced, people would change their eating habits.
2. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
3. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
4. Bev notes that he only has to sell the idea of the ______ in order to sell the higher priced food.
5. Local _______ love Polyface because their products are exceptionally tasty and have more full flavor.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)