|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(a) Throw away.
2. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
3. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
4. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
(d) Meat eating.
5. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
2. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
3. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
4. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
5. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)