|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
2. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(a) Movie theater.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
2. The modern CAFO does not take into consideration the _________ of an animal when processing them.
3. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
4. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
5. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)