|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(a) Throw away.
2. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
3. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
4. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(b) Add nutrients.
(c) Add contests to.
(d) Change the names of.
5. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
2. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
3. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
4. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
5. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)