|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
2. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
3. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet mill.
(b) Wet substrate.
(c) Dry dock.
(d) Dry mill.
4. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Animal Persecution.
(b) Animal Liberation.
(c) Animal Rights.
(d) Animals are All Right.
5. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
(a) Pay for his steer.
(b) Come to see the farm.
(c) Take any notes.
(d) Watch it be processed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
2. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
3. The modern CAFO does not take into consideration the _________ of an animal when processing them.
4. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
5. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)