|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
2. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
3. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
(b) Feed lots.
(c) Neighboring farmers.
(d) Big box stores.
4. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
5. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
2. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
3. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
4. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
5. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)