|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
2. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(c) Hard work.
3. What does the farmer use to cover the chicken waste in the compost pile?
(b) Wood chips.
4. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
5. Salatin's ______ invented many of the methods of farming that are used on the farm today.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
2. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
3. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)