|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(d) Movie theater.
2. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Animal Liberation.
(b) Animal Rights.
(c) Animal Persecution.
(d) Animals are All Right.
3. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
4. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
5. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
2. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
3. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
4. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
5. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)