|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(b) Breakfast cereal.
2. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
3. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
(a) Pay for his steer.
(b) Come to see the farm.
(c) Take any notes.
(d) Watch it be processed.
4. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
5. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
(a) Higher price.
(b) Bigger breasts.
(c) Smaller size.
(d) Lower quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
3. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
4. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)