|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
2. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
3. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
4. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
(c) Baking soda.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
2. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
3. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
4. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
5. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)