|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
(a) Corn meal.
(b) Corn mallow.
(c) Corn husks.
(d) Corn starch.
2. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Dry mill.
(b) Wet mill.
(c) Dry dock.
(d) Wet substrate.
3. Wallerstein originally worked for a _______ where he learned he could entice people to buy more with larger sizes.
(d) Movie theater.
4. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
(a) Add nutrients.
(c) Add contests to.
(d) Change the names of.
5. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
2. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
3. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
4. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
5. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)