|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
2. Though the process of _________, animals can be fed, which then leads to the feeding of humans, too.
(a) Hard work.
3. What takes corn meal, corn starch, and corn sweetener to make?
(b) Breakfast cereal.
4. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
5. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. The modern CAFO does not take into consideration the _________ of an animal when processing them.
2. What is the name of Peter's Singer's book that informs the beginning of this chapter?
3. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
4. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
5. What helps to reduce evaporation in the fields, and help to produce more carbon for the plants in the farm?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)