|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
2. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
3. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
4. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
5. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
2. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
3. What is Pollan eating when he attempts to read Peter Singer's book?
4. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
5. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)