|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet substrate.
(b) Dry mill.
(c) Wet mill.
(d) Dry dock.
2. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
3. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
(b) Socially acceptable.
4. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
5. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(a) Corn oil.
(c) High fructose corn syrup.
(d) Artificial sweeteners.
Short Answer Questions
1. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
2. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
3. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
4. The soda industry began to ______ their sodas, which led people to drink more and to buy more.
5. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)