|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
(a) Socially acceptable.
2. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
(a) General Mills.
(b) Birds Eye.
(c) Ralston Purina.
3. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
4. What is Pollan eating when he attempts to read Peter Singer's book?
(c) A salad.
5. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
2. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
3. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
4. Pollan notes that the fact that humans have the _______ to question eating animals makes them different.
5. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)