|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every day, Salatin moves his cattle to a new _________ every day to ensure balance.
2. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
(a) Big box stores.
(b) Feed lots.
(c) Neighboring farmers.
3. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
4. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
5. What is the number of the steer that Pollan has picked out for his meal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
2. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
3. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
4. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
5. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)