|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
2. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
3. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
(a) Wet substrate.
(b) Wet mill.
(c) Dry dock.
(d) Dry mill.
4. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
5. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
2. Assuming a higher intelligence in humans does not equate to a right to use others for our own _________.
3. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
4. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
5. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)