|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
2. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
3. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
4. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
(a) Higher price.
(b) Lower quality.
(c) Smaller size.
(d) Bigger breasts.
5. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan points out that the Republic of _______ exists today because of all of the excess corn in the market.
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
3. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
4. The grass also gets a chance to ________ when the cattle is moved around.
5. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)