|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
2. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
(a) Take any notes.
(b) Watch it be processed.
(c) Pay for his steer.
(d) Come to see the farm.
3. Activists appear to look at the __________ animal, which is not applicable to the natural world.
(c) Species of an.
(d) Relationship of an.
4. __________ involves higher emotions of dread, shame, and fear, according to Pollan.
(c) Moral drama.
5. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
2. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
3. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
4. What is the process by which corn is changed into different parts?
5. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)