|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
(c) Socially acceptable.
2. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(b) Taco Bell.
(d) Burger King.
3. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
(a) Ralston Purina.
(c) Birds Eye.
(d) General Mills.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. What is Pollan eating when he attempts to read Peter Singer's book?
(d) A salad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Salatin uses the animals to create a _________ system that also bolsters efficiency on the farm.
2. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
3. The Salatin farming method is based on _________ polyculture, and it is highly energy efficient.
4. What does Pollan admit about the chickens that Salatin sells on his farm?
5. Who did Pollan ask for a detailed account of what happens when a steer is processed?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)