|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Supporting farms help animals to have safer lives than they might have in the ________, according to Pollan.
2. To combat the human end of the imperfect system, marketers add ______ to their raw product -- making it a novelty.
3. __________ involves higher emotions of dread, shame, and fear, according to Pollan.
(b) Moral drama.
4. The farm and the human are two ________ natural systems that the food industry relies on.
5. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(c) Throw away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan tries to be vegetarian, but gives it up as he finds it less ________ and much more difficult.
2. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
3. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
4. What is NOT one of the parts of corn that is separated out in the newly used process?
5. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)