|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To help combat how much a person can eat, the food industry has created ________ starch that can allow people to eat more.
2. What is the name of the development lab that Pollan visits in order to learn more about corn?
(a) Ralston Purina.
(b) Birds Eye.
(d) General Mills.
3. Where does Pollan take his family at the end of this section of the book?
(b) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
4. How many acres of woodland help Salatin continue to live outside the modern world?
5. Singer argues that a lifetime of __________ for an animal does not justify the pleasure of a man's taste buds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pollan admits that losing ________ does force the human to lose a part of his or her culture as well as his or her nature.
2. Every day, the ________ pens are moved to ensure that the droppings spread evenly.
3. Some believe that human ________ is different from that of animals because humans are capable of suffering.
4. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
5. In the early 19th century, Americans were drinking more alcohol, which cause the Alcohol _________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)