|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As ________ has become popular, animal rights activists have been highlighting the unethical treatment of animals.
(b) Meat eating.
2. As the food companies produced more corn, they create more _________ as it is cheaper than sugar.
(b) Corn oil.
(c) High fructose corn syrup.
(d) Artificial sweeteners.
3. Salatin doesn't follow the USDA guidelines by processing his _________ in an open air building without any walls.
4. Bentham makes the argument that if there are some humans that lack the brainpower of a ________, why are they still included in the moral argument?
5. The idea behind grass farming is that the ________ is the most natural and renewable source of energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The manure of the _______ is spread on all of the pastures without fouling the pasture with too many droppings.
2. There are parts of the world, Pollan points out, where the only use of the land is for _______, otherwise it would be useless.
3. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
4. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
5. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)