|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pollan isn't surprised that the ________ doesn't encourage Salatin's farming since he buys almost nothing to support it.
(a) Big box stores.
(b) Neighboring farmers.
(d) Feed lots.
2. In many CAFOs, the _______ of pigs are cut off in response to the aggressive behavior they have in those conditions.
3. __________ involves higher emotions of dread, shame, and fear, according to Pollan.
(d) Moral drama.
4. Pollan argues that Salatin's method of farming is far more efficient in terms of _________ to produce calories.
5. Humans are not a perfect natural system in the food system because they can only _______ so much food.
(d) Throw away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ingredient that is broken into glucose and sweeteners, including high fructose corn syrup?
2. How many generations have been at the Salatin farm, all committed to alternative farming?
3. What would the company that raised Pollan's steer not allow him to do?
4. Where do all of the parts of the corn end up in as a result of the new process to separate its parts?
5. In a bad corn year, the food industry might use __________ as a replacement in many foods.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)