Objective: Michael Pollan introduces the idea of the omnivore's dilemma and begins to make sense of the idea for readers in this book. Today's objective is to discuss the idea of the omnivore's dilemma, and what the readers already think about this idea.
1) 1. Have each student define what an omnivore is.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think a book can change the way that they eat.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the idea of there being a dilemma for omnivores. Do students think that eating is filled with dilemmas? What do students face in terms of problems with their eating habits?
4. Homework: Have each student decide whether they feel they are satisfied with their eating habits.
5. Homework: Have students write out their eating habits for a week to notice how they eat.
6. Homework: Have the student discuss the process they use to...
This section contains 4,974 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)