|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
2. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
3. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
4. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
5. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
Essay Topic 1
Bobby grows, matures, learns and develops in The Old Man and the Boy. What are some of his milestones? How does he change? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Bobby. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Bobby and the Old Man are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Bobby had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Old Man had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)