|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
2. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
3. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
4. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
5. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the social, cultural and economic environment of The Old Man and the Boy. What are common customs? What is considered taboo? How does the Old Man offer his values and beliefs to Bobby? What effect does this have on Bobby and which values does he adopt? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Bobby grows, matures, learns and develops in The Old Man and the Boy. What are some of his milestones? How does he change? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Through hunting, Bobby learns important lessons about hard work, patience and perseverance. How is his natural skill revealed? What is important to Bobby as he hunts? What does he learn subsequently that alters the way he thinks and acts? Explain.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)