Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
2. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
3. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
4. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
5. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
Essay Topic 1
Adventure is a recurring theme in The Old Man and the Boy. Why is adventure important? How does this help Bobby grow? How does this whet his appetite for life? Describe some of the changes and experiences Bobby has through his adventures. Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the title The Old Man and the Boy? How does this relate to the protagonist Bobby and in particular to the main theme of the book? What did the author mean by calling the book The Old Man and the Boy? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of the female character of Miss Lottie with Carrie Mae in the book with the Old Man. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through these examples?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)