Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
2. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
3. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
4. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
5. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
Essay Topic 1
Adventure is a recurring theme in The Old Man and the Boy. Why is adventure important? How does this help Bobby grow? How does this whet his appetite for life? Describe some of the changes and experiences Bobby has through his adventures. Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Ruark's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of self-empowerment as it exhibits in The Old Man and the Boy. Which of the characters is self-empowered? How does Bobby learn to make decisions for himself? Discuss.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)