|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
2. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
3. What animal does the Old Man get Bobby to practice on before he gets a horse?
4. What is the name of the animal that Bobby tries to train with the Old Man?
5. Where do the Old Man and Bobby stop on the way home because these places have special memories for the Old Man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bobby and the Old Man are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Bobby had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Old Man had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
Bobby grows, matures, learns and develops in The Old Man and the Boy. What are some of his milestones? How does he change? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of self-empowerment as it exhibits in The Old Man and the Boy. Which of the characters is self-empowered? How does Bobby learn to make decisions for himself? Discuss.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)