Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
2. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
3. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
4. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
5. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
Adventure is a recurring theme in The Old Man and the Boy. Why is adventure important? How does this help Bobby grow? How does this whet his appetite for life? Describe some of the changes and experiences Bobby has through his adventures. Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences? Discuss.
Describe some of the settings for The Old Man and the Boy. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in The Old Man and the Boy?
Aging and the approach of death is a theme in The Old Man and the Boy. Who is growing old? Who is growing older? How do these characters change over time? How does age influence decisions and the characters' approach to life? Why or why not? Describe.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)