|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
2. On Sunday, what do the Old Man and Bobby like to do in Chapter 12?
3. How many eggs does the turtle lay on the beach in a hole?
4. How old is Bobby when he gets an air rifle?
5. What does the Old Man do after Bobby kills the bird that sings at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
2. Describe what Bobby shoots in Chapter 13.
3. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
4. How does Bobby learn to shoot ducks in Chapter 3?
5. Describe Bobby's experience over the holidays with his grandparents.
6. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
7. What is the lesson that Bobby learns from having a dog in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
9. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
10. Describe the Old Man.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bobby grows, matures, learns and develops in The Old Man and the Boy. What are some of his milestones? How does he change? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Bobby. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the depiction of the female character of Miss Lottie with Carrie Mae in the book with the Old Man. How are they similar? How are they different? How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through these examples?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)