|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
(a) Difficulty and weapons.
(b) People and community.
(c) Meat and weather.
(d) Clothing and bugs.
2. What is the month of March too early to do for according to the Old Man?
3. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
(d) Used bullets.
4. Where do the Old Man and Bobby stop on the way home because these places have special memories for the Old Man?
5. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
2. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to pay attention to in Chapter 26?
3. Who brags and drives the Old Man crazy while hunting?
4. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
5. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
2. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
3. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
4. What lesson does the Old Man offer Bobby with regards to time and Christmas in Chapter 26?
5. What does Bobby tell the Old Man that he has learned most from him in Chapter 25?
6. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
7. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
8. What is a noble character according to the Old Man and why does he dislike it?
9. Describe Bobby's interactions with the older men in the town in Chapter 18.
10. Why does the Old Man love November?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)