|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
2. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
(a) His grandchildren.
(b) His approach to meditation.
(c) His desire for food.
(d) His phase of life.
3. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
(a) Mr. Howard.
(b) Miss Lottie.
(c) The Old Man.
(d) Carrie Mae.
4. What does the Old Man first say that he envies Bobby for in Chapter 25?
(a) Being carefree.
(b) Being silly.
(c) Being jobless.
(d) Being a boy.
5. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
(a) Enjoy it.
(b) Help others.
(d) Stay busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the animal that Bobby tries to train with the Old Man?
2. Where does Bobby wait to shoot near a cornfield?
3. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
4. What does the Old Man feel is approaching in Chapter 26?
5. Who do the Old Man and Bobby visit on their road trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
2. Describe how the Old Man demonstrates the power of money to Bobby in Chapter 28.
3. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
4. Describe Bobby's interactions with the older men in the town in Chapter 18.
5. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
6. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
7. How does Bobby respond to the Old Man's question about what he wants to be when he grows up?
8. Describe the change in terrapin availability mentioned in Chapter 27.
9. How do the geese exhibit their cleverness pertaining to hunting according to Bobby?
10. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)