|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Old Man and Bobby stop on the way home because these places have special memories for the Old Man?
2. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
3. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
(b) Old Man.
4. Who promises to not die on the opening day of hunting season in the last chapter?
(a) Old Man.
5. How long does Bobby try to train the animal that the Old Man bought for him instead of a horse?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
2. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
3. What does the Old Man think that he has learned to do at last?
4. What does the Old Man believe that he knows about life?
5. What does the Old Man think about his own learning process?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man conclude about being a boy by the end of Chapter 26?
2. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
3. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
4. How do the geese exhibit their cleverness pertaining to hunting according to Bobby?
5. How does Bobby respond to the Old Man's question about what he wants to be when he grows up?
6. What is a noble character according to the Old Man and why does he dislike it?
7. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
8. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
9. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
10. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)