|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hunting does Bobby go on in Chapter 28?
2. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
(a) Waiting for his first bicycle.
(b) Waiting for school.
(c) Waiting for break.
(d) Waiting for Christmas.
3. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
4. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
(b) Buffalo hump.
(c) Sherry wine.
5. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
2. When Bobby gets his report card one year, what is his family very disappointed to see in Chapter 22?
3. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to pay attention to in Chapter 26?
4. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
5. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the Old Man demonstrates the power of money to Bobby in Chapter 28.
2. Why does Bobby go to Maryland in Chapter 28?
3. How does Bobby discover that quail hunting in February is bountiful?
4. Why is being a duck hunter crazy according to the Old Man?
5. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
6. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
7. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
8. What does Bobby feel that he does with regard to time and seasons in Chapter 26?
9. How does Bobby transform his education and embrace school?
10. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)