|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
2. Who learns to stay out of reach until the legal time for hunting them is over?
3. What seems very difficult to catch at night for the Old Man, Bobby and their friends
4. What kind of hunting does Bobby go on in Chapter 28?
5. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
(a) People and community.
(b) Clothing and bugs.
(c) Difficulty and weapons.
(d) Meat and weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of the year does Bobby love the way everything smells?
2. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
3. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
4. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
5. What does the Old Man say you have to be crazy to like hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
2. Describe Bobby's interactions with the older men in the town in Chapter 18.
3. How do the geese exhibit their cleverness pertaining to hunting according to Bobby?
4. Why does Bobby hesitate to go to summer camp?
5. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
6. Why does Bobby love November?
7. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
8. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
9. Describe the change in terrapin availability mentioned in Chapter 27.
10. What does the Old Man conclude about being a boy by the end of Chapter 26?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)