|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man think that he has learned to do at last?
(a) Teach himself.
(b) Pace himself.
(c) Forgive himself.
(d) Answer himself.
2. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
(a) Every person.
(b) Every job.
(c) Every skill.
(d) Every behavior.
3. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
(d) Old Man.
4. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
(d) Fifth Amendment.
5. What does the lost animal do after hearing the Old Man?
(b) Run away.
(c) Approach him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
2. After what day do the locals leave the beach in Chapter 18?
3. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
4. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
5. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
2. How does Bobby transform his education and embrace school?
3. Why does the Old Man resent Bobby in Chapter 26?
4. What is the Old Man's threat about education and hunting and how does Bobby respond to it?
5. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
6. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
7. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
8. How do the geese exhibit their cleverness pertaining to hunting according to Bobby?
9. What does Bobby tell the Old Man that he has learned most from him in Chapter 25?
10. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)