|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
(a) Stay busy.
(c) Help others.
(d) Enjoy it.
2. What kind of hunting does Bobby go on in Chapter 28?
3. What kind of men does Bobby meet with his grandfather when he leaves the house as his grandmother is cleaning?
(a) Riff raff.
4. When Bobby gets his report card one year, what is his family very disappointed to see in Chapter 22?
(a) Poor grades.
(b) Yellow marks.
(c) Faded print.
(d) Teacher note.
5. Where does Bobby wait to shoot near a cornfield?
(a) A cave.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A hole.
(d) A blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
2. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
3. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
4. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
5. Whose house does Bobby admire for its variety of animals in the surrounding environment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
2. How does the Old Man make an exception among ducks?
3. How does Bobby discover that quail hunting in February is bountiful?
4. What is a noble character according to the Old Man and why does he dislike it?
5. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
6. Describe the change in terrapin availability mentioned in Chapter 27.
7. What does Bobby tell the Old Man that he has learned most from him in Chapter 25?
8. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
9. What does the Old Man conclude about being a boy by the end of Chapter 26?
10. Why does the Old Man love November?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)