|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of character does the Old Man warn Bobby to not be in Chapter 25?
2. What does the Old Man feel is approaching in Chapter 26?
3. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
4. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
(b) Old Man.
5. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
(a) Drill sergeants.
(c) Coast Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
2. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
3. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
4. What does Bobby show the Old Man when the Old Man asks him what he wants to be when he grows up?
5. As he has gotten older, what does the Old Man think he does not have to do as much?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Old Man make an exception among ducks?
2. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
3. How does Bobby transform his education and embrace school?
4. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
5. What is the Old Man's threat about education and hunting and how does Bobby respond to it?
6. Why do the locals love the period after Labor Day in Chapter 18?
7. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
8. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
9. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
10. Describe the change in terrapin availability mentioned in Chapter 27.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)