|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
(a) Bribe it with sugar.
(b) Make it sleepy and carry it in.
(c) Blind it and push it inside.
(d) Throw it over the fence.
2. What does Bobby ask for as his gift at Christmas?
(a) Coloring supplies.
(b) Bicycle helmet.
(c) Canterbury Tales.
(d) Shotgun shells.
3. How many geese does Bobby get when he shoots with two shotguns in a row?
4. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
5. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
(b) Help others.
(c) Enjoy it.
(d) Stay busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
2. What does the Old Man say that they will never hunt?
3. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
4. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
5. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
2. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
3. What does the Old Man conclude about being a boy by the end of Chapter 26?
4. What is a noble character according to the Old Man and why does he dislike it?
5. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
6. How does Bobby discover that quail hunting in February is bountiful?
7. Why does Bobby love November?
8. What lesson does the Old Man offer Bobby with regards to time and Christmas in Chapter 26?
9. Why do the locals love the period after Labor Day in Chapter 18?
10. Why does the Old Man resent Bobby in Chapter 26?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)