|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
(b) Coast Guard.
(d) Drill sergeants.
2. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
(b) Fifth Amendment.
3. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
(a) His phase of life.
(b) His grandchildren.
(c) His approach to meditation.
(d) His desire for food.
4. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
(a) Buffalo hump.
(b) Sherry wine.
5. Where does the Old Man take a road trip?
(c) Santa Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area is left for fishing after the tourists leave in Chapter 17?
2. Who inspires Bobby to get a horse?
3. What is the message that Bobby says has stuck out all these years in Chapter 25?
4. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
5. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a noble character according to the Old Man and why does he dislike it?
2. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
3. Describe Bobby's interactions with the older men in the town in Chapter 18.
4. How does Bobby discover that quail hunting in February is bountiful?
5. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
6. What does Bobby tell the Old Man that he has learned most from him in Chapter 25?
7. Why does Bobby go to Maryland in Chapter 28?
8. Why is being a duck hunter crazy according to the Old Man?
9. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
10. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)