|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
(c) Fishing poles.
2. How much money does the animal that the Old Man buys for Bobby cost?
(a) 20 dollars.
(b) 12 dollars.
(c) 10 dollars.
(d) 5 dollars.
3. Where does Bobby accompany the Old Man while his grandmother cleans the house?
(d) Pool hall.
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to enjoy as it comes in Chapter 26?
5. How long does Bobby try to train the animal that the Old Man bought for him instead of a horse?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor prevents hunting some birds according to the Old Man?
2. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
3. What used to cost five cents apiece and now is very expensive according to the Old Man in Chapter 27?
4. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
5. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
2. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
3. Why does Bobby love November?
4. Why does the Old Man resent Bobby in Chapter 26?
5. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
6. What is a noble character according to the Old Man and why does he dislike it?
7. Describe Bobby's interactions with the older men in the town in Chapter 18.
8. Why does Bobby hesitate to go to summer camp?
9. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
10. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)