|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
2. What used to cost five cents apiece and now is very expensive according to the Old Man in Chapter 27?
3. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
4. Who promises to not die on the opening day of hunting season in the last chapter?
(a) Old Man.
5. What does the Old Man think that he has learned to do at last?
(a) Teach himself.
(b) Answer himself.
(c) Pace himself.
(d) Forgive himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Old Man and Bobby stop on the way home because these places have special memories for the Old Man?
2. What area is left for fishing after the tourists leave in Chapter 17?
3. What shooting did Bobby do by intention that he admits?
4. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
5. Where does the Old Man take a road trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
2. Why does Bobby go to Maryland in Chapter 28?
3. Why does the Old Man love November?
4. What is the Old Man's threat about education and hunting and how does Bobby respond to it?
5. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
6. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
7. How does Bobby respond to the Old Man's question about what he wants to be when he grows up?
8. Describe Bobby's interactions with the older men in the town in Chapter 18.
9. What lesson does the Old Man offer Bobby with regards to time and Christmas in Chapter 26?
10. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)