|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
(a) His school.
(b) Quail season.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His books.
2. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
3. When Bobby gets his report card one year, what is his family very disappointed to see in Chapter 22?
(a) Faded print.
(b) Teacher note.
(c) Yellow marks.
(d) Poor grades.
4. What does Bobby begin to notice a lot during the hunting trips?
5. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Bobby admire for its variety of animals in the surrounding environment?
2. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
3. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
4. What does the lost animal do after hearing the Old Man?
5. Who wants fresh fish and convinces the Old Man to go fishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
2. How does Bobby transform his education and embrace school?
3. Why do the locals love the period after Labor Day in Chapter 18?
4. What lesson does the Old Man offer Bobby with regards to time and Christmas in Chapter 26?
5. What does Bobby feel that he does with regard to time and seasons in Chapter 26?
6. What does Bobby tell the Old Man that he has learned most from him in Chapter 25?
7. Why does Bobby hesitate to go to summer camp?
8. How does Bobby discover that quail hunting in February is bountiful?
9. How does Bobby respond to the Old Man's question about what he wants to be when he grows up?
10. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)