|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to pay attention to in Chapter 26?
(a) Good things.
(b) Evil things.
(c) Clean things.
2. At what time of the year does Bobby love the way everything smells?
3. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
(a) In bad weather.
(b) In clear weather.
(c) In forests.
(d) In lakes.
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to not anticipate because he will be six months older then in Chapter 25?
(a) Labor Day.
(b) President's Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
5. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
(d) Fishing poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the overall tone of the book by the ending chapters?
2. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
3. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
4. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
5. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
2. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
3. What is the Old Man's threat about education and hunting and how does Bobby respond to it?
4. How does Bobby transform his education and embrace school?
5. Why does Bobby go to Maryland in Chapter 28?
6. What does Bobby feel that he does with regard to time and seasons in Chapter 26?
7. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
8. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
9. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
10. Why does the Old Man resent Bobby in Chapter 26?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)