|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
(a) Drill sergeants.
(c) Coast Guard.
2. Who learns to stay out of reach until the legal time for hunting them is over?
3. What does the Old Man think about his own learning process?
(a) He wishes he could share his knowledge.
(b) He has learned everything he needs to know.
(c) He has a lot left in him to learn.
(d) He hates learning and is terrible at it.
4. Where do the Old Man and Bobby pretend they are in Chapter 25?
5. What does Bobby begin to notice a lot during the hunting trips?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bobby gets his report card one year, what is his family very disappointed to see in Chapter 22?
2. Where does Bobby accompany the Old Man while his grandmother cleans the house?
3. Who inspires Bobby to get a horse?
4. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
5. Who wants fresh fish and convinces the Old Man to go fishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Old Man conclude about being a boy by the end of Chapter 26?
2. How does Bobby respond to the Old Man's question about what he wants to be when he grows up?
3. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
4. Describe Bobby's interactions with the older men in the town in Chapter 18.
5. What does Bobby feel that he does with regard to time and seasons in Chapter 26?
6. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
7. Describe the change in terrapin availability mentioned in Chapter 27.
8. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
9. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
10. Why does Bobby love November?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)