|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to not anticipate because he will be six months older then in Chapter 25?
(a) President's Day.
(c) Labor Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
2. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
3. After what day do the locals leave the beach in Chapter 18?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) New Year's.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Labor Day.
4. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
(c) Old Man.
5. Who has Bobby grown attached to by the end of the novel?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) Miss Lottie.
(c) Miss Carrie Mae.
(d) Mr. Howard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
2. What is the name of the animal that Bobby tries to train with the Old Man?
3. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
4. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
5. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Old Man resent Bobby in Chapter 26?
2. What does Bobby feel that he does with regard to time and seasons in Chapter 26?
3. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
4. Why does Bobby hesitate to go to summer camp?
5. Describe Bobby's interactions with the older men in the town in Chapter 18.
6. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
7. Describe the change in terrapin availability mentioned in Chapter 27.
8. How does the Old Man make an exception among ducks?
9. Why does Bobby go to Maryland in Chapter 28?
10. Why does the Old Man love November?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)