|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
(a) Every person.
(b) Every job.
(c) Every skill.
(d) Every behavior.
2. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
(c) Old Man.
3. What does the Old Man imitate for the lost animal?
(a) Mother duck.
(b) Mother squirrel.
(c) Mother deer.
(d) Mother goose.
4. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
(c) Old Man.
5. What does the Old Man first say that he envies Bobby for in Chapter 25?
(a) Being carefree.
(b) Being a boy.
(c) Being jobless.
(d) Being silly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
2. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
3. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
4. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
5. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobby tell the Old Man that he has learned most from him in Chapter 25?
2. How do the geese exhibit their cleverness pertaining to hunting according to Bobby?
3. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
4. How does the Old Man make an exception among ducks?
5. What lesson does the Old Man offer Bobby with regards to time and Christmas in Chapter 26?
6. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
7. Why do the locals love the period after Labor Day in Chapter 18?
8. Why does Bobby go to Maryland in Chapter 28?
9. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
10. Why does Bobby hesitate to go to summer camp?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)