|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
(a) Older women.
(b) Rough men.
(c) Little orphans.
(d) Young boys.
2. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
(b) Old Man.
3. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
4. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
(a) Old Man.
5. Who has grown up into a man by the end of the novel?
(d) Mr. Howard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man first say that he envies Bobby for in Chapter 25?
2. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
3. How many geese does Bobby get when he shoots with two shotguns in a row?
4. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
5. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Old Man resent Bobby in Chapter 26?
2. Why does Bobby hesitate to go to summer camp?
3. What does Bobby tell the Old Man that he has learned most from him in Chapter 25?
4. What lesson does the Old Man offer Bobby with regards to time and Christmas in Chapter 26?
5. What is a noble character according to the Old Man and why does he dislike it?
6. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
7. Why does Bobby go to Maryland in Chapter 28?
8. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
9. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
10. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)