|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
2. Where do the Old Man and Bobby stop on the way home because these places have special memories for the Old Man?
3. What does the Old Man imitate for the lost animal?
(a) Mother goose.
(b) Mother deer.
(c) Mother squirrel.
(d) Mother duck.
4. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
(a) Waiting for school.
(b) Waiting for break.
(c) Waiting for Christmas.
(d) Waiting for his first bicycle.
5. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
(a) Enjoy it.
(b) Help others.
(d) Stay busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
2. What factor prevents hunting some birds according to the Old Man?
3. What is the overall tone of the book by the ending chapters?
4. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
5. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
2. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
3. Why will Bobby have to steer himself in Chapter 28?
4. What is the Old Man's threat about education and hunting and how does Bobby respond to it?
5. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
6. Why do the locals love the period after Labor Day in Chapter 18?
7. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
8. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
9. Why does the Old Man resent Bobby in Chapter 26?
10. How does Bobby transform his education and embrace school?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)