|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shooting did Bobby do by intention that he admits?
2. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
3. At what time of the year does Bobby love the way everything smells?
4. How many geese does Bobby get when he shoots with two shotguns in a row?
5. What does Bobby begin to notice a lot during the hunting trips?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the month of March too early to do for according to the Old Man?
2. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
3. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
4. Who promises to not die on the opening day of hunting season in the last chapter?
5. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
2. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
3. What does the Old Man complain about being different from how it used to be in Chapter 27?
4. How do the geese exhibit their cleverness pertaining to hunting according to Bobby?
5. Why does Bobby go to Maryland in Chapter 28?
6. What does Bobby feel that he does with regard to time and seasons in Chapter 26?
7. What is a noble character according to the Old Man and why does he dislike it?
8. How does the Old Man make an exception among ducks?
9. What does the Old Man conclude about being a boy by the end of Chapter 26?
10. Why do the locals love the period after Labor Day in Chapter 18?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)