|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes over to Bobby's grandfather's house in Chapter 12?
(b) Carrie Mae.
2. What does the Old Man say hunting quail is all about?
3. What does the Old Man say that he is doing when he is sitting quietly on the dock?
4. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
(a) To prevent thinning the flock.
(b) To feed their own families.
(c) To overcome drought.
(d) To hoard supplies.
5. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
(a) Paint her back.
(b) Capture her and put her in a bag.
(c) Feed her insects.
(d) Ride her back to the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boat does the Old Man take Bobby on first where the fish flock to the boat?
2. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
3. What does Bobby do during the black church meetings?
4. What does the Old Man get in exchange for bringing meat and grain on credit?
5. Who is Miss Lottie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
2. Describe Bobby's experience over the holidays with his grandparents.
3. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
4. Describe what Bobby shoots in Chapter 13.
5. How does Bobby learn to shoot ducks in Chapter 3?
6. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
7. Describe Mr. Howard.
8. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
9. Describe Carrie Mae.
10. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)