|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the puppy that the Old Man gives Bobby?
2. What does Bobby see that makes him feel energized to work in Chapter 11?
(a) His grandmother cooking.
(b) Lazy Uncle Jimmy dozing.
(c) His sister painting.
(d) His grandfather working.
3. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
4. What is Bobby sent out to shoot on his first hunting trip alone by his grandfather in Chapter 7?
5. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women doing in Chapter 10 that makes Bobby nervous?
2. What kind of gun does Bobby receive in Chapter 1?
3. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
4. In whose home does Bobby spend the summers and holidays?
5. Who comes over to Bobby's grandfather's house in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Old Man discourage Bobby from getting a horse?
2. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
3. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
4. Describe Mr. Howard.
5. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
6. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
7. How does Bobby learn to shoot ducks in Chapter 3?
8. How does Bobby train his new dog in Chapter 7?
9. What is the lesson that Bobby learns from having a dog in Chapter 7?
10. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)