|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby shoot in Chapter 7?
(a) Male quail.
(b) Female turkey.
(c) Male turkey.
(d) Female hen.
2. Who is Bobby's teacher that he has a crush on?
(a) Carrie Mae Knight.
(b) Lisa Whitehall.
(c) Lynda Johnson.
(d) Erica Stuart.
3. What does Bobby have to do with the fish before they go to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) Clean them.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Cook them.
(d) Cut them.
4. How many dogs does Bobby take with him on his first hunting trip in Chapter 7?
5. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bobby and the Old Man do with some of the turtle's eggs?
2. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
3. What does Bobby kill that sings at night?
4. What does fishing make easier to do according to the Old Man?
5. Who is Miss Lottie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Howard's home in Chapter 28.
2. Describe how the Old Man demonstrates the power of money to Bobby in Chapter 28.
3. How does Bobby respond to the Old Man's question about what he wants to be when he grows up?
4. Why is being a duck hunter crazy according to the Old Man?
5. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
6. Describe the Old Man.
7. Why does Bobby prefer shooting the geese to the quail?
8. Describe Bobby's experience that is similar to a young colt.
9. Describe Mr. Howard.
10. Describe Bobby's attitude towards school in the beginning of Chapter 22.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)