|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sometimes accompanies the Old Man and the group hunting as a camping chef?
2. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
(a) To get out of the house.
(b) Meat is expensive.
(c) To teach Bobby a lesson.
(d) To teach the Old Man a lesson.
3. What does the Old Man think that they should go to and get out of the women's hair in Chapter 10?
(a) His sailboat.
(b) Beachfront shack.
(c) His mansion.
(d) His cellar.
4. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
(a) His stepmother.
(b) Miss Lottie.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
5. Who did NOT go hunting along with Bobby?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) Miss Lottie.
(d) The Old Man's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bobby's teacher that he has a crush on?
2. What does the Old Man get in exchange for bringing meat and grain on credit?
3. What is Bobby's new boat called in Chapter 9?
4. On Sunday, what do the Old Man and Bobby like to do in Chapter 12?
5. In the white church meetings, what kind of dancing occurs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
2. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
3. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
4. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
5. Describe Bobby.
6. What is the lesson that Bobby learns from having a dog in Chapter 7?
7. Describe Bobby's first experience on a boat.
8. How does the hunting group in Chapter 7 find and get the turkeys to come out?
9. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
10. How does the Old Man teach Bobby to have caution in Chapter 13?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)