|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby see on the turtle's shell?
2. Where do the Old Man and Bobby fish on foot for bluefish?
(a) Reefs and marshes.
(b) Sounds and bays.
(c) Shallow tide-pools.
(d) Salmon aquifers.
3. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
(a) A beach.
(b) A forest.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A house.
4. What does the Old Man get in exchange for bringing meat and grain on credit?
(a) Dried shrimp.
(b) Hunting rights.
(c) Fishing rights.
(d) Food storage.
5. Who is Miss Lottie?
(a) Bobbie's schoolteacher.
(b) Bobbie's stepmother.
(c) Bobbie's grandmother.
(d) Bobbie's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
2. What does Bobby have to do with the fish before they go to bed in Chapter 4?
3. What are the women doing in Chapter 10 that makes Bobby nervous?
4. What does Bobby think about as he sits in silence that makes him feel small and lonely?
5. What does the Old Man say that he is doing when he is sitting quietly on the dock?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Old Man teach Bobby to have caution in Chapter 13?
2. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
3. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
4. How do the farmers maintain quail supplies over the fall and winter?
5. Describe the difference between laziness and meditative loafing according to The Old Man.
6. How does Bobby train his new dog in Chapter 7?
7. Describe Mr. Howard.
8. How does the hunting group in Chapter 7 find and get the turkeys to come out?
9. Describe what Bobby shoots in Chapter 13.
10. How does Bobby learn to shoot ducks in Chapter 3?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)