|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
(a) A house.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A forest.
(d) A beach.
2. What does Bobby have to do with the fish before they go to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) Freeze them.
(b) Clean them.
(c) Cut them.
(d) Cook them.
3. How many dogs does Bobby take with him on his first hunting trip in Chapter 7?
4. In whose home does Bobby spend the summers and holidays?
(a) Father's house.
(b) Stepmother's house.
(c) Mother's house.
(d) Grandparents' house.
5. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
(a) Feed her insects.
(b) Ride her back to the ocean.
(c) Capture her and put her in a bag.
(d) Paint her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
2. What kind of church events does Bobby attend in Chapter 11?
3. What do Bobby and the Old Man do with some of the turtle's eggs?
4. What kind of gun does Bobby receive in Chapter 1?
5. Who fails to shoot the animal during the hunt in Chapter 6 and is ashamed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby's experience buck hunting initially.
2. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
3. Describe Bobby's experience that is similar to a young colt.
4. How does the Old Man teach Bobby to have caution in Chapter 13?
5. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
6. What happens to Aphrodite and the eggs in Chapter 2?
7. Describe Bobby.
8. Describe what Bobby shoots in Chapter 13.
9. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
10. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)