|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the Old Man consider special and valuable?
(a) Man time.
(b) Loafing time.
(c) Chess time.
(d) Eating time.
2. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
3. What kind of church events does Bobby attend in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
(a) To get out of the house.
(b) To teach Bobby a lesson.
(c) Meat is expensive.
(d) To teach the Old Man a lesson.
5. What does Bobby think about as he sits in silence that makes him feel small and lonely?
(a) School, grades, and his friends.
(b) His grandparents and hunting.
(c) His mother, brother, and family.
(d) Life, God, Heaven, and Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage will the Old Man and Bobby work on repairing in Chapter 11?
2. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
3. What does the Old Man make a medicine for the puppy that he gives Bobby?
4. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has to practice in order to use the gun in Chapter 1?
5. Where does Bobby find the Old Man sitting with other old men on the dock in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby's experience that is similar to a young colt.
2. Describe Bobby.
3. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
4. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
5. Describe Bobby's experience with the goat he purchases.
6. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
7. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
8. Describe the difference between laziness and meditative loafing according to The Old Man.
9. Describe Bobby's first experience on a boat.
10. How does Bobby train his new dog in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)