|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
2. What kind of church events does Bobby attend in Chapter 11?
3. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has to practice in order to use the gun in Chapter 1?
(a) Bullet shooting.
(b) Gun safety.
(d) Rifle practice.
4. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
(c) Pine cones.
5. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
(b) Bluefish hook.
(c) Magic light.
(d) Cast net.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people go on the trip that the Old Man plans?
2. Who did NOT go hunting along with Bobby?
3. What kind of a trip is the Old Man and his friend planning that Bobby desperately wants to go on?
4. What is Bobby sent out to shoot on his first hunting trip alone by his grandfather in Chapter 7?
5. What does the Old Man say that he is doing when he is sitting quietly on the dock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
2. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
3. Describe what Bobby shoots in Chapter 13.
4. How do the farmers maintain quail supplies over the fall and winter?
5. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
6. Describe the difference between laziness and meditative loafing according to The Old Man.
7. Describe Bobby's first experience on a boat.
8. How does Bobby adapt and succeed at shooting a buck?
9. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
10. Describe Bobby's experience that is similar to a young colt.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)