|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Bobby NOT want the puppy to hunt?
2. What kind of gun does Bobby receive in Chapter 1?
(b) 45 mm.
3. How old is Bobby when he gets his first gun?
4. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
(a) Miss Lottie.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His stepmother.
5. What does the Old Man ask Bobby to think about as they sit in silence in Chapter 11?
(a) His ruthless cynicism.
(b) How everything got there.
(c) His mother's criticism.
(d) His failing grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
2. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
3. What does Miss Lottie cook for supper in Chapter 12?
4. What epidemic forces the closing of Bobby's school in Chapter 13?
5. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Howard.
2. How does Bobby adapt and succeed at shooting a buck?
3. How do the farmers maintain quail supplies over the fall and winter?
4. How does the Old Man teach Bobby to have caution in Chapter 13?
5. Describe Bobby.
6. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
7. Describe Bobby's first experience on a boat.
8. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
9. Describe the difference between laziness and meditative loafing according to The Old Man.
10. How does Bobby train his new dog in Chapter 7?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)