|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the Old Man consider special and valuable?
(a) Man time.
(b) Eating time.
(c) Chess time.
(d) Loafing time.
2. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
(a) To get out of the house.
(b) To teach Bobby a lesson.
(c) To teach the Old Man a lesson.
(d) Meat is expensive.
3. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
(a) Laziness and sloth.
(b) Meditative loafing and laziness.
(c) Rushing and dreaming.
(d) Meditative loafing and anxiety.
4. What does Bobby love about the black church meetings?
(a) Preaching and praying.
(b) Music and watching people in the Spirit.
(c) Dancing and fighting.
(d) Spirit movement.
5. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the afternoon, what giant animal comes out of the woods that Bobby shoots?
2. What kind of gun does Bobby receive in Chapter 1?
3. How old is Bobby when he gets his first gun?
4. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
5. How old is Bobby when the Old Man takes away his first gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Bobby shoots in Chapter 13.
2. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
3. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
4. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
5. How does the Old Man teach Bobby to have caution in Chapter 13?
6. Describe Carrie Mae.
7. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
8. Describe the Old Man.
9. How do the farmers maintain quail supplies over the fall and winter?
10. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)