|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Bobby when he gets his first gun?
2. What is it important to train a bird dog to be like?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A receiver.
(c) A servant.
(d) A gentleman.
3. How old is Bobby when the Old Man takes away his first gun?
4. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
(a) To get out of the house.
(b) Meat is expensive.
(c) To teach Bobby a lesson.
(d) To teach the Old Man a lesson.
5. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
(a) Ride her back to the ocean.
(b) Paint her back.
(c) Feed her insects.
(d) Capture her and put her in a bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
2. What kind of boat does the Old Man take Bobby on first where the fish flock to the boat?
3. What does Bobby do during the black church meetings?
4. What are the women doing in Chapter 10 that makes Bobby nervous?
5. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
2. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
3. How do the farmers maintain quail supplies over the fall and winter?
4. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
5. Describe the difference between laziness and meditative loafing according to The Old Man.
6. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
7. How does the Old Man teach Bobby to have caution in Chapter 13?
8. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
9. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
10. Describe the Old Man.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)