|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the white church meetings, what kind of dancing occurs?
2. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
(b) Pine cones.
3. Where do the Old Man and Bobby fish on foot for bluefish?
(a) Shallow tide-pools.
(b) Sounds and bays.
(c) Salmon aquifers.
(d) Reefs and marshes.
4. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
(a) Meat is expensive.
(b) To teach Bobby a lesson.
(c) To get out of the house.
(d) To teach the Old Man a lesson.
5. How many animals does Bobby capture with the Indians in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the puppy that the Old Man gives Bobby?
2. What does Miss Lottie cook for supper in Chapter 12?
3. What does the Old Man do after Bobby kills the bird that sings at night?
4. Who fails to shoot the animal during the hunt in Chapter 6 and is ashamed?
5. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Carrie Mae.
2. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
3. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
4. How does Bobby adapt and succeed at shooting a buck?
5. Describe Bobby's first experience on a boat.
6. Describe Mr. Howard.
7. Describe the Old Man.
8. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
9. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
10. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)