|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has to practice in order to use the gun in Chapter 1?
(a) Bullet shooting.
(b) Gun safety.
(d) Rifle practice.
2. What does the Old Man talk to Bobby about as they walk along the wet sea?
3. What does Bobby love to eat as much as possible during Christmas at roasts in Chapter 13?
4. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
5. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
2. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Indians?
3. On Sunday, what do the Old Man and Bobby like to do in Chapter 12?
4. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
5. What kind of boat does the Old Man take Bobby on first where the fish flock to the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the hunting group in Chapter 7 find and get the turkeys to come out?
2. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
3. Describe the difference between laziness and meditative loafing according to The Old Man.
4. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
5. How does Bobby train his new dog in Chapter 7?
6. What happens to Aphrodite and the eggs in Chapter 2?
7. How does the Old Man teach Bobby to have caution in Chapter 13?
8. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
9. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
10. Describe Bobby's experience over the holidays with his grandparents.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)