|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bobby go to get nails in Chapter 11?
(a) His uncle's house.
(b) His mother's attic.
(c) Uncle Jimmy's store.
(d) ACE hardware.
2. What do the Old Man and his friend do to Bobby after he shoots the animal?
(a) Beat him up and steal his catch.
(b) Congratulate him and give him a beer.
(c) Laugh at him and eat his food.
(d) Stick his head into the animal's entrails.
3. How old is Bobby when the Old Man takes away his first gun?
4. During what month does an epidemic occur at Bobby's school?
5. What do Bobby and the Old Man do with some of the turtle's eggs?
(a) Lose them.
(b) Bury them.
(c) Eat them.
(d) Donate them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bobby and the Old Man hunt in October and give to various people?
2. What are the women doing in Chapter 10 that makes Bobby nervous?
3. What does the Old Man think that they should go to and get out of the women's hair in Chapter 10?
4. What does Bobby shoot in Chapter 7?
5. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
2. Describe Bobby's first experience on a boat.
3. What happens to Aphrodite and the eggs in Chapter 2?
4. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
5. Describe Bobby's experience with the goat he purchases.
6. How does Bobby learn to shoot ducks in Chapter 3?
7. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
8. Describe Bobby's experience over the holidays with his grandparents.
9. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
10. How does Bobby train his new dog in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)