|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of beds do they sleep on during the trip that are surprisingly comfortable?
(a) Synthetic fiber.
(b) Woolen mitten.
(c) Pine needle.
(d) Oak leaves.
2. In the white church meetings, what kind of dancing occurs?
3. What does Bobby think about as he sits in silence that makes him feel small and lonely?
(a) His mother, brother, and family.
(b) Life, God, Heaven, and Hell.
(c) His grandparents and hunting.
(d) School, grades, and his friends.
4. What do Bobby and the Old Man do with some of the turtle's eggs?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Lose them.
(c) Donate them.
(d) Bury them.
5. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has learned from sitting in silence in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Bobby when he gets an air rifle?
2. Who fails to shoot the animal during the hunt in Chapter 6 and is ashamed?
3. On Sunday, what do the Old Man and Bobby like to do in Chapter 12?
4. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
5. What kind of a call do Bobby and his friends do to get animals to come out in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Old Man love November?
2. Describe Bobby's first experience on a boat.
3. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
4. Why does the Old Man resent Bobby in Chapter 26?
5. What does the Old Man say about the behavior of women in Chapter 24?
6. What does Bobby feel that he does with regard to time and seasons in Chapter 26?
7. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
8. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
9. What does the Old Man conclude about being a boy by the end of Chapter 26?
10. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)