Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a call do Bobby and his friends do to get animals to come out in Chapter 7?
2. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Howard.
(b) Mr. McIntyre.
(c) Mr. Greyson.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
3. Who sometimes accompanies the Old Man and the group hunting as a camping chef?
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
(a) Ride her back to the ocean.
(b) Capture her and put her in a bag.
(c) Paint her back.
(d) Feed her insects.
5. In the afternoon, what giant animal comes out of the woods that Bobby shoots?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the white church meetings, what kind of dancing occurs?
2. What kind of hunting do the Old Man and Bobby go in at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
4. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
5. What does the Old Man ask Bobby to think about as they sit in silence in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
2. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
3. Describe how the Old Man demonstrates the power of money to Bobby in Chapter 28.
4. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
5. Why does the Old Man love November?
6. Describe Bobby's experience buck hunting initially.
7. What happens to Aphrodite and the eggs in Chapter 2?
8. What does the Old Man say separates the men from the boys?
9. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
10. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)