|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Bobby when the Old Man takes away his first gun?
2. What does Bobby have to do while the dogs flush out the animal during the hunt in Chapter 6?
3. Who comes over to Bobby's grandfather's house in Chapter 12?
(d) Carrie Mae.
4. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
(a) Cast net.
(c) Magic light.
(d) Bluefish hook.
5. In the white church meetings, what kind of dancing occurs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bobby find the Old Man sitting with other old men on the dock in Chapter 10?
2. What is it important to train a bird dog to be like?
3. What kind of a call do Bobby and his friends do to get animals to come out in Chapter 7?
4. What damage will the Old Man and Bobby work on repairing in Chapter 11?
5. What does Bobby love about the black church meetings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
2. Describe Bobby's experience over the holidays with his grandparents.
3. Why does the Old Man love November?
4. Why is being a duck hunter crazy according to the Old Man?
5. What does Bobby discover about books and education in Chapter 23?
6. What lesson does the Old Man offer Bobby with regards to time and Christmas in Chapter 26?
7. How does Bobby discover that quail hunting in February is bountiful?
8. Describe Carrie Mae.
9. How does Bobby transform his education and embrace school?
10. Describe Bobby.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)