|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
(a) Rushing and dreaming.
(b) Laziness and sloth.
(c) Meditative loafing and laziness.
(d) Meditative loafing and anxiety.
2. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Greyson.
(b) Mr. Howard.
(c) Mr. Johnson.
(d) Mr. McIntyre.
3. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
4. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
(a) Blind Child.
(b) Shoot On Sight.
(c) No Trespassing.
(d) No Hunting.
5. What does the Old Man say is not the time for hard work or serious fishing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of church events does Bobby attend in Chapter 11?
2. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
3. During what month does an epidemic occur at Bobby's school?
4. What is Bobby's new boat called in Chapter 9?
5. Who is Miss Lottie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bobby adapt and succeed at shooting a buck?
2. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
3. What happens to Aphrodite and the eggs in Chapter 2?
4. Describe Bobby's experience that is similar to a young colt.
5. Describe Bobby's first experience on a boat.
6. Describe Mr. Howard.
7. What is the lesson that Bobby learns from having a dog in Chapter 7?
8. How does the hunting group in Chapter 7 find and get the turkeys to come out?
9. Describe what Bobby shoots in Chapter 13.
10. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)