|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
(a) Play handball.
(b) Play baseball.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) Play tennis.
2. What does the Old Man do after Bobby kills the bird that sings at night?
(a) Eats the bird.
(b) Locks him up.
(c) Scolds Bobby.
(d) Breaks his gun.
3. What time does the Old Man consider special and valuable?
(a) Eating time.
(b) Man time.
(c) Loafing time.
(d) Chess time.
4. What does Bobby like to do with his friends instead of going to church?
(a) Sleep in.
(d) Play dice.
5. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had Bobby gone without shooting anyone when he got the gift of a new gun from the Old Man?
2. How old is Bobby when the Old Man takes away his first gun?
3. What kind of a call do Bobby and his friends do to get animals to come out in Chapter 7?
4. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
5. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
2. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
3. How does Bobby learn to shoot ducks in Chapter 3?
4. Describe Mr. Howard.
5. How does the Old Man teach Bobby to have caution in Chapter 13?
6. Describe Bobby's experience buck hunting initially.
7. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
8. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
9. How do the farmers maintain quail supplies over the fall and winter?
10. Describe Carrie Mae.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)