|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the Old Man consider special and valuable?
(a) Chess time.
(b) Loafing time.
(c) Eating time.
(d) Man time.
2. What kind of church events does Bobby attend in Chapter 11?
3. With whom does the Old Man carefully cultivate relationships with and bring meat and grain on credit?
4. What epidemic forces the closing of Bobby's school in Chapter 13?
(a) Small pox and hay fever.
(d) Measles and whooping cough.
5. What do the Old Man and his friend do to Bobby after he shoots the animal?
(a) Congratulate him and give him a beer.
(b) Beat him up and steal his catch.
(c) Stick his head into the animal's entrails.
(d) Laugh at him and eat his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In September, what does the Old Man take Bobby fishing for on the weekends?
2. What does the Old Man teach Bobby to check about the gun?
3. What kinds of characters does Bobby encounter in the fishing cove?
4. What does the Old Man do after Bobby kills the bird that sings at night?
5. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
2. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
3. How do the farmers maintain quail supplies over the fall and winter?
4. Why does the Old Man discourage Bobby from getting a horse?
5. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
6. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
7. How does the hunting group in Chapter 7 find and get the turkeys to come out?
8. Describe Mr. Howard.
9. Describe the difference between laziness and meditative loafing according to The Old Man.
10. How does Bobby adapt and succeed at shooting a buck?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)