|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Lottie?
(a) Bobbie's grandmother.
(b) Bobbie's aunt.
(c) Bobbie's schoolteacher.
(d) Bobbie's stepmother.
2. What is it important to train a bird dog to be like?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A receiver.
(c) A servant.
(d) A fighter.
3. What does the Old Man say is not the time for hard work or serious fishing?
4. What does Bobby have to do with the fish before they go to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) Cook them.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Cut them.
(d) Clean them.
5. What does Bobby see on the turtle's shell?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Bobby when the Old Man takes away his first gun?
2. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
3. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
4. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
5. What time does the Old Man consider special and valuable?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Howard.
2. Describe Bobby's experience of "becoming a man" in Chapter 6.
3. Why do the locals love the period after Labor Day in Chapter 18?
4. Why does Bobby hesitate to go to summer camp?
5. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
6. Describe Bobby's experience buck hunting initially.
7. Describe the turtle that Bobby finds with the Old Man.
8. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
9. Describe the Old Man.
10. What does the Old Man say about knowledge in Chapter 22?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)