|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it important to train a bird dog to be like?
(a) A receiver.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A fighter.
(d) A servant.
2. What does the Old Man like to do with his friend on his porch in Chapter 5?
(a) Fight and argue.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Laugh and smoke.
(d) Drink and cry.
3. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
4. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
(b) Mr. Howard.
(d) The Old Man.
5. What does Bobby see that makes him feel energized to work in Chapter 11?
(a) His grandfather working.
(b) Lazy Uncle Jimmy dozing.
(c) His sister painting.
(d) His grandmother cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the Old Man consider special and valuable?
2. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Indians?
3. What does Bobby kill that sings at night?
4. What kind of a trip is the Old Man and his friend planning that Bobby desperately wants to go on?
5. What does the Old Man teach Bobby to check about the gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
2. What is the lesson that Bobby learns from having a dog in Chapter 7?
3. Describe Bobby's experience buck hunting initially.
4. Describe Carrie Mae.
5. Describe Bobby.
6. Describe Bobby's experience that is similar to a young colt.
7. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
8. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
9. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
10. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)