|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of characters does Bobby encounter in the fishing cove?
2. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has to practice in order to use the gun in Chapter 1?
(b) Rifle practice.
(c) Gun safety.
(d) Bullet shooting.
3. What does the Old Man think that they should go to and get out of the women's hair in Chapter 10?
(a) His sailboat.
(b) His cellar.
(c) His mansion.
(d) Beachfront shack.
4. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
(a) His wife.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His sister.
(d) Miss Lottie.
5. On Sunday, what do the Old Man and Bobby like to do in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby have to do with the fish before they go to bed in Chapter 4?
2. What kind of hunting do the Old Man and Bobby go in at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
4. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has learned from sitting in silence in Chapter 11?
5. How many years had Bobby gone without shooting anyone when he got the gift of a new gun from the Old Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
2. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
3. Describe Bobby's experience buck hunting initially.
4. Describe Bobby's experience with the goat he purchases.
5. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
6. How does Bobby learn to shoot ducks in Chapter 3?
7. Why does Bobby receive a gun from the Old Man as he turns 11?
8. Describe the difference between laziness and meditative loafing according to The Old Man.
9. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
10. Describe Mr. Howard.
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)