|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man say is not the time for hard work or serious fishing?
2. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
(a) To overcome drought.
(b) To prevent thinning the flock.
(c) To feed their own families.
(d) To hoard supplies.
3. What is Bobby's new boat called in Chapter 9?
(a) Sweet Pea
(b) Morse Code.
(c) Charlotte Morse.
(d) Daisy Tripping.
4. What are the women doing in Chapter 10 that makes Bobby nervous?
5. What does Bobby do during the black church meetings?
(a) Dance with the clergy.
(b) Fight with the pastor.
(c) Sing in the choir.
(d) Sit on the sidelines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In September, what does the Old Man take Bobby fishing for on the weekends?
2. Who cries after the hunt?
3. What does the Old Man say hunting quail is all about?
4. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
5. What animal does Bobby NOT want the puppy to hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bob's new gun that he receives in Chapter 1.
2. Describe Bobby's experience with the goat he purchases.
3. How does Bobby learn humility in Chapter 10?
4. Describe how loafing is special and private according to The Old Man.
5. Describe some of the customs that the Old Man and Bobby do in the month of October.
6. How do the farmers maintain quail supplies over the fall and winter?
7. Describe what the Old Man says and does about summer time and fishing.
8. What is important about the attitude of a bird dog according to the Old Man?
9. Describe the camping trip preparations and arrival in Chapter 5.
10. What happens to Aphrodite and the eggs in Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)