|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
2. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
(a) Every skill.
(b) Every behavior.
(c) Every job.
(d) Every person.
3. What does the Old Man first say that he envies Bobby for in Chapter 25?
(a) Being a boy.
(b) Being jobless.
(c) Being carefree.
(d) Being silly.
4. What is the name of the animal that Bobby tries to train with the Old Man?
5. What is the overall tone of the book by the ending chapters?
6. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to pay attention to in Chapter 26?
(a) Good things.
(b) Evil things.
(c) Clean things.
7. Who has grown up into a man by the end of the novel?
(c) Mr. Howard.
8. Where does Bobby accompany the Old Man while his grandmother cleans the house?
(a) Pool hall.
9. What does the Old Man say that they will never hunt?
(a) Female animals.
(b) Old animals.
(d) Hurt animals.
10. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
11. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
(b) Sherry wine.
(c) Buffalo hump.
12. What subject/topic does Bobby fail to apply himself in Chapter 22?
13. Where do the Old Man and Bobby pretend they are in Chapter 25?
14. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
15. What does the Old Man imitate for the lost animal?
(a) Mother squirrel.
(b) Mother duck.
(c) Mother goose.
(d) Mother deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lost animal do after hearing the Old Man?
2. What does Bobby begin to notice a lot during the hunting trips?
3. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
4. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
5. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)