|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
2. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
(a) They are plentiful.
(b) They are exposed.
(c) They stay in one place.
(d) They are hibernating.
3. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
(a) Buffalo hump.
(d) Sherry wine.
4. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
(a) Drill sergeants.
(d) Coast Guard.
5. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
(a) Whispering to it.
(b) Singing to it.
(c) Making noises.
(d) Crying to it.
6. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
(a) Fifth Amendment.
7. After what day do the locals leave the beach in Chapter 18?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
8. What does the Old Man say that they will never hunt?
(b) Hurt animals.
(c) Old animals.
(d) Female animals.
9. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
(a) Old Man.
10. What does the Old Man believe that he knows about life?
(a) What to expect.
(b) When it begins.
(c) Where to continue.
(d) When it ends.
11. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
(a) People and community.
(b) Difficulty and weapons.
(c) Clothing and bugs.
(d) Meat and weather.
12. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
13. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
14. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
(a) Throw it over the fence.
(b) Blind it and push it inside.
(c) Make it sleepy and carry it in.
(d) Bribe it with sugar.
15. Who inspires Bobby to get a horse?
(c) Old Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
2. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
3. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
4. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
5. What kind of hunting does Bobby go on in Chapter 28?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)