|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Bobby grown attached to by the end of the novel?
(a) Miss Carrie Mae.
(b) The Old Man.
(c) Miss Lottie.
(d) Mr. Howard.
2. What does the Old Man first say that he envies Bobby for in Chapter 25?
(a) Being carefree.
(b) Being jobless.
(c) Being a boy.
(d) Being silly.
3. What is the month of March too early to do for according to the Old Man?
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby that he can never get back in Chapter 26?
5. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
(a) Meat and weather.
(b) People and community.
(c) Difficulty and weapons.
(d) Clothing and bugs.
6. What kind of character does the Old Man warn Bobby to not be in Chapter 25?
7. Who has grown up into a man by the end of the novel?
(d) Mr. Howard.
8. Who brags and drives the Old Man crazy while hunting?
9. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
10. What kind of men does Bobby meet with his grandfather when he leaves the house as his grandmother is cleaning?
(a) Riff raff.
11. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
(a) Fishing poles.
12. What subject/topic does Bobby fail to apply himself in Chapter 22?
13. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
14. What do Bobby and the Old Man like to hunt at night?
15. Who promises to not die on the opening day of hunting season in the last chapter?
(d) Old Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
2. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
3. What does the Old Man think about his own learning process?
4. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
5. Where does Bobby wait to shoot near a cornfield?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)