|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the animal that the Old Man buys for Bobby cost?
(a) 5 dollars.
(b) 12 dollars.
(c) 20 dollars.
(d) 10 dollars.
2. What does the Old Man think about his own learning process?
(a) He hates learning and is terrible at it.
(b) He has a lot left in him to learn.
(c) He has learned everything he needs to know.
(d) He wishes he could share his knowledge.
3. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
(a) Rough men.
(b) Little orphans.
(c) Older women.
(d) Young boys.
4. As he has gotten older, what does the Old Man think he does not have to do as much?
(a) Answer the phone.
(b) Cook and clean.
(c) Try as hard.
5. What seems very difficult to catch at night for the Old Man, Bobby and their friends
6. Who has grown up into a man by the end of the novel?
(c) Mr. Howard.
7. Who wants fresh fish and convinces the Old Man to go fishing?
(b) Mr. Howard.
(d) Miss Lottie.
8. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
9. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
10. What kind of character does the Old Man warn Bobby to not be in Chapter 25?
11. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
(a) Waiting for Christmas.
(b) Waiting for break.
(c) Waiting for his first bicycle.
(d) Waiting for school.
12. Who promises to not die on the opening day of hunting season in the last chapter?
(b) Old Man.
13. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
(a) Every behavior.
(b) Every job.
(c) Every person.
(d) Every skill.
14. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
15. What shooting did Bobby do by intention that he admits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
2. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
3. What does Bobby show the Old Man when the Old Man asks him what he wants to be when he grows up?
4. What is the month of March too early to do for according to the Old Man?
5. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to enjoy as it comes in Chapter 26?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)