|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is a man different from a boy according to the Old Man?
(a) Driving a car and drinking alcohol.
(b) Doing something that is not easy or cannot be done.
(c) Doing something that is popular and desired.
(d) Growing a mustache and a beard.
2. At what time of the year does Bobby love the way everything smells?
3. What is the name of the animal that Bobby tries to train with the Old Man?
4. When Bobby gets his report card one year, what is his family very disappointed to see in Chapter 22?
(a) Yellow marks.
(b) Teacher note.
(c) Poor grades.
(d) Faded print.
5. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
(d) Old Man.
6. What does the lost animal do after hearing the Old Man?
(b) Run away.
(d) Approach him.
7. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
8. What factor prevents hunting some birds according to the Old Man?
(b) Clear weather.
9. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
(d) Used bullets.
10. What does the Old Man tell Bobby that he can never get back in Chapter 26?
11. Where does Bobby accompany the Old Man while his grandmother cleans the house?
(a) Pool hall.
12. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
(a) In clear weather.
(b) In forests.
(c) In bad weather.
(d) In lakes.
13. What kind of men does Bobby meet with his grandfather when he leaves the house as his grandmother is cleaning?
(a) Riff raff.
14. What does Bobby get during the month of March?
(a) Whooping cough.
(b) Hay fever.
(c) Cabin fever.
15. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
(a) Waiting for school.
(b) Waiting for his first bicycle.
(c) Waiting for break.
(d) Waiting for Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What used to cost five cents apiece and now is very expensive according to the Old Man in Chapter 27?
2. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
3. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
4. What does the Old Man say that they will never hunt?
5. What seems very difficult to catch at night for the Old Man, Bobby and their friends
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)