|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
(d) Fifth Amendment.
2. Who inspires Bobby to get a horse?
(b) Old Man.
3. How is a man different from a boy according to the Old Man?
(a) Doing something that is not easy or cannot be done.
(b) Growing a mustache and a beard.
(c) Doing something that is popular and desired.
(d) Driving a car and drinking alcohol.
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to enjoy as it comes in Chapter 26?
5. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
(a) Sick and healthy.
(b) Babies and colts.
(c) Young and old.
(d) Males and females.
6. What kind of character does the Old Man warn Bobby to not be in Chapter 25?
7. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
8. Who has Bobby grown attached to by the end of the novel?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) Miss Lottie.
(c) Mr. Howard.
(d) Miss Carrie Mae.
9. What does the Old Man imitate for the lost animal?
(a) Mother deer.
(b) Mother squirrel.
(c) Mother goose.
(d) Mother duck.
10. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
(a) Shooting his first quail.
(b) Playing with his friends.
(c) Cleaning fish.
(d) Beginning school.
11. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
(a) In clear weather.
(b) In forests.
(c) In bad weather.
(d) In lakes.
12. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to not anticipate because he will be six months older then in Chapter 25?
(a) President's Day.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
13. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
(a) Coast Guard.
(c) Drill sergeants.
14. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
15. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
(b) Buffalo hump.
(c) Sherry wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
2. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
3. What factor prevents hunting some birds according to the Old Man?
4. Who brags and drives the Old Man crazy while hunting?
5. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)