|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby begin to notice a lot during the hunting trips?
2. What is the name of the animal that Bobby tries to train with the Old Man?
3. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
(a) Quail season.
(b) His school.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His books.
4. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
5. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
(a) Every person.
(b) Every skill.
(c) Every job.
(d) Every behavior.
6. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
7. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
(a) Males and females.
(b) Young and old.
(c) Babies and colts.
(d) Sick and healthy.
8. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
(a) Every skill.
(b) Every behavior.
(c) Every job.
(d) Every person.
9. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
(c) Old Man.
10. Who wants fresh fish and convinces the Old Man to go fishing?
(b) Mr. Howard.
(c) Miss Lottie.
11. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
(a) His approach to meditation.
(b) His desire for food.
(c) His grandchildren.
(d) His phase of life.
12. Where does the Old Man take a road trip?
(c) Santa Cruz.
13. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to pay attention to in Chapter 26?
(b) Good things.
(c) Clean things.
(d) Evil things.
14. Where do the Old Man and Bobby pretend they are in Chapter 25?
15. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
2. What does the Old Man believe that he knows about life?
3. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
4. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
5. What subject/topic does Bobby fail to apply himself in Chapter 22?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)