|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
(a) Singing to it.
(b) Crying to it.
(c) Whispering to it.
(d) Making noises.
2. Where does Bobby wait to shoot near a cornfield?
(a) A hole.
(b) A cave.
(c) A blind.
(d) A cellar.
3. What used to cost five cents apiece and now is very expensive according to the Old Man in Chapter 27?
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to not anticipate because he will be six months older then in Chapter 25?
(b) Labor Day.
(c) President's Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
5. What subject/topic does Bobby fail to apply himself in Chapter 22?
6. What do Bobby and the Old Man like to hunt at night?
7. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
(a) Clothing and bugs.
(b) People and community.
(c) Difficulty and weapons.
(d) Meat and weather.
8. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
(c) Fifth Amendment.
9. At what time of the year does Bobby love the way everything smells?
10. When Bobby gets his report card one year, what is his family very disappointed to see in Chapter 22?
(a) Yellow marks.
(b) Teacher note.
(c) Poor grades.
(d) Faded print.
11. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
12. What area is left for fishing after the tourists leave in Chapter 17?
(c) Tide pools.
(d) Whole beach.
13. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
(a) They stay in one place.
(b) They are plentiful.
(c) They are exposed.
(d) They are hibernating.
14. What is the month of March too early to do for according to the Old Man?
15. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
2. Whose house does Bobby admire for its variety of animals in the surrounding environment?
3. What animal does the Old Man get Bobby to practice on before he gets a horse?
4. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
5. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)