|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man tell Bobby that he can never get back in Chapter 26?
2. What does the Old Man first say that he envies Bobby for in Chapter 25?
(a) Being a boy.
(b) Being carefree.
(c) Being silly.
(d) Being jobless.
3. Who is the person/figure that the Old Man describes to Bobby in Chapter 16?
4. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
(a) Rough men.
(b) Young boys.
(c) Little orphans.
(d) Older women.
5. What does the Old Man feel is approaching in Chapter 26?
6. Who promises to not die on the opening day of hunting season in the last chapter?
(a) Old Man.
7. What does Bobby ask for as his gift at Christmas?
(a) Shotgun shells.
(b) Canterbury Tales.
(c) Coloring supplies.
(d) Bicycle helmet.
8. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
9. What does the Old Man believe that he knows about life?
(a) When it ends.
(b) What to expect.
(c) Where to continue.
(d) When it begins.
10. What does the Old Man say that they will never hunt?
(a) Old animals.
(c) Hurt animals.
(d) Female animals.
11. What does the Old Man think that he has learned to do at last?
(a) Pace himself.
(b) Teach himself.
(c) Forgive himself.
(d) Answer himself.
12. What is the overall tone of the book by the ending chapters?
13. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
(a) In forests.
(b) In clear weather.
(c) In bad weather.
(d) In lakes.
14. What animal does the Old Man get Bobby to practice on before he gets a horse?
15. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
(c) Drill sergeants.
(d) Coast Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what day do the locals leave the beach in Chapter 18?
2. What do Bobby and the Old Man like to hunt at night?
3. Who do the Old Man and Bobby visit on their road trip?
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to pay attention to in Chapter 26?
5. What factor prevents hunting some birds according to the Old Man?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)