|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
(a) Beginning school.
(b) Playing with his friends.
(c) Shooting his first quail.
(d) Cleaning fish.
2. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
3. Who is the person/figure that the Old Man describes to Bobby in Chapter 16?
4. Who promises to not die on the opening day of hunting season in the last chapter?
(b) Old Man.
5. Where do the Old Man and Bobby stop on the way home because these places have special memories for the Old Man?
6. How long does Bobby try to train the animal that the Old Man bought for him instead of a horse?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 12 months.
7. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
8. What shooting did Bobby do by intention that he admits?
9. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
10. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
(a) Every skill.
(b) Every person.
(c) Every job.
(d) Every behavior.
11. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
(a) People and community.
(b) Clothing and bugs.
(c) Meat and weather.
(d) Difficulty and weapons.
12. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
(a) Bribe it with sugar.
(b) Throw it over the fence.
(c) Blind it and push it inside.
(d) Make it sleepy and carry it in.
13. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
(b) Old Man.
14. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
15. What does the Old Man think about his own learning process?
(a) He wishes he could share his knowledge.
(b) He hates learning and is terrible at it.
(c) He has a lot left in him to learn.
(d) He has learned everything he needs to know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lost animal do after hearing the Old Man?
2. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
3. What is the name of the animal that Bobby tries to train with the Old Man?
4. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
5. Where do the Old Man and Bobby pretend they are in Chapter 25?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)