|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the animal that the Old Man buys for Bobby cost?
(a) 5 dollars.
(b) 10 dollars.
(c) 20 dollars.
(d) 12 dollars.
2. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
3. What area is left for fishing after the tourists leave in Chapter 17?
(a) Tide pools.
(b) Whole beach.
4. What does the Old Man think about his own learning process?
(a) He has a lot left in him to learn.
(b) He wishes he could share his knowledge.
(c) He hates learning and is terrible at it.
(d) He has learned everything he needs to know.
5. What used to cost five cents apiece and now is very expensive according to the Old Man in Chapter 27?
6. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
7. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
(a) Waiting for Christmas.
(b) Waiting for his first bicycle.
(c) Waiting for school.
(d) Waiting for break.
8. What does the Old Man think that he has learned to do at last?
(a) Forgive himself.
(b) Pace himself.
(c) Teach himself.
(d) Answer himself.
9. What animal does the Old Man get Bobby to practice on before he gets a horse?
10. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
11. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
(a) Every skill.
(b) Every behavior.
(c) Every person.
(d) Every job.
12. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
(a) They are plentiful.
(b) They are hibernating.
(c) They stay in one place.
(d) They are exposed.
13. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
(b) Old Man.
14. What is the message that Bobby says has stuck out all these years in Chapter 25?
15. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to not anticipate because he will be six months older then in Chapter 25?
(a) Labor Day.
(c) President's Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
2. Who is the person/figure that the Old Man describes to Bobby in Chapter 16?
3. Where do the Old Man and Bobby pretend they are in Chapter 25?
4. Who promises to not die on the opening day of hunting season in the last chapter?
5. What does the Old Man believe that he knows about life?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)