|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bobby wait to shoot near a cornfield?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A blind.
(c) A hole.
(d) A cave.
2. What does the Old Man feel is approaching in Chapter 26?
3. Whose house does Bobby admire for its variety of animals in the surrounding environment?
(a) Miss Lottie.
(b) Carrie Mae.
(c) The Old Man.
(d) Mr. Howard.
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby that he can never get back in Chapter 26?
5. What does Bobby begin to notice a lot during the hunting trips?
6. What does the Old Man believe that he knows about life?
(a) When it begins.
(b) What to expect.
(c) Where to continue.
(d) When it ends.
7. What subject/topic does Bobby fail to apply himself in Chapter 22?
8. What does Bobby get during the month of March?
(a) Whooping cough.
(b) Cabin fever.
(c) Hay fever.
9. What used to cost five cents apiece and now is very expensive according to the Old Man in Chapter 27?
10. Who inspires Bobby to get a horse?
(d) Old Man.
11. Who is the person/figure that the Old Man describes to Bobby in Chapter 16?
12. Where do the Old Man and Bobby pretend they are in Chapter 25?
13. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
14. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
15. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
2. Where do the Old Man and Bobby stop on the way home because these places have special memories for the Old Man?
3. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
4. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
5. What animal does the Old Man get Bobby to practice on before he gets a horse?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)