|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
(a) His desire for food.
(b) His approach to meditation.
(c) His phase of life.
(d) His grandchildren.
2. Where does Bobby wait to shoot near a cornfield?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A cave.
(c) A blind.
(d) A hole.
3. What does the Old Man imitate for the lost animal?
(a) Mother duck.
(b) Mother squirrel.
(c) Mother deer.
(d) Mother goose.
4. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
(a) Rough men.
(b) Young boys.
(c) Little orphans.
(d) Older women.
5. What does the lost animal do after hearing the Old Man?
(a) Run away.
(d) Approach him.
6. Who wants fresh fish and convinces the Old Man to go fishing?
(c) Mr. Howard.
(d) Miss Lottie.
7. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
(b) Old Man.
8. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
(a) Waiting for break.
(b) Waiting for his first bicycle.
(c) Waiting for school.
(d) Waiting for Christmas.
9. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
10. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
(a) Every skill.
(b) Every person.
(c) Every job.
(d) Every behavior.
11. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
(a) Old Man.
12. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
13. What does Bobby get during the month of March?
(a) Hay fever.
(b) Cabin fever.
(c) Whooping cough.
14. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to pay attention to in Chapter 26?
(a) Clean things.
(b) Good things.
(c) Evil things.
15. Who brags and drives the Old Man crazy while hunting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
2. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
3. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
4. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
5. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)