|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person/figure that the Old Man describes to Bobby in Chapter 16?
2. After what day do the locals leave the beach in Chapter 18?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) New Year's.
3. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
(c) Old Man.
4. What does the Old Man believe that he knows about life?
(a) What to expect.
(b) When it ends.
(c) When it begins.
(d) Where to continue.
5. What does the Old Man feel is approaching in Chapter 26?
6. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
7. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
(c) Used bullets.
8. What does the Old Man imitate for the lost animal?
(a) Mother duck.
(b) Mother goose.
(c) Mother deer.
(d) Mother squirrel.
9. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
(a) Mr. Howard.
(b) The Old Man.
(c) Miss Lottie.
(d) Carrie Mae.
10. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
(a) Whispering to it.
(b) Making noises.
(c) Crying to it.
(d) Singing to it.
11. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
(a) Males and females.
(b) Young and old.
(c) Sick and healthy.
(d) Babies and colts.
12. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
13. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
14. Where does Bobby accompany the Old Man while his grandmother cleans the house?
(a) Pool hall.
15. What does the lost animal do after hearing the Old Man?
(b) Approach him.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has grown up into a man by the end of the novel?
2. At what time of the year does Bobby love the way everything smells?
3. What does the Old Man say you have to be crazy to like hunting?
4. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
5. How many geese does Bobby get when he shoots with two shotguns in a row?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)