|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
(a) In clear weather.
(b) In bad weather.
(c) In lakes.
(d) In forests.
2. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
(a) Waiting for break.
(b) Waiting for Christmas.
(c) Waiting for school.
(d) Waiting for his first bicycle.
3. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
(a) Males and females.
(b) Young and old.
(c) Sick and healthy.
(d) Babies and colts.
4. What do Bobby and the Old Man like to hunt at night?
5. What does the Old Man want to do with the remaining years of his life?
(a) Help others.
(b) Stay busy.
(c) Enjoy it.
6. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
(d) Old Man.
7. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
8. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
9. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
(b) Fishing poles.
10. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
(a) Every skill.
(b) Every job.
(c) Every person.
(d) Every behavior.
11. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
(a) Throw it over the fence.
(b) Bribe it with sugar.
(c) Make it sleepy and carry it in.
(d) Blind it and push it inside.
12. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
13. How long does Bobby try to train the animal that the Old Man bought for him instead of a horse?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 3 months.
14. What does Bobby begin to notice a lot during the hunting trips?
15. Who do the Old Man and Bobby visit on their road trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many geese does Bobby get when he shoots with two shotguns in a row?
2. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
3. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to not anticipate because he will be six months older then in Chapter 25?
4. What does the Old Man think that he has learned to do at last?
5. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)