|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man think about his own learning process?
(a) He has learned everything he needs to know.
(b) He hates learning and is terrible at it.
(c) He wishes he could share his knowledge.
(d) He has a lot left in him to learn.
2. At what time of the year does Bobby love the way everything smells?
3. Who has Bobby grown attached to by the end of the novel?
(a) Miss Lottie.
(b) Mr. Howard.
(c) The Old Man.
(d) Miss Carrie Mae.
4. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
(a) Clothing and bugs.
(b) Difficulty and weapons.
(c) Meat and weather.
(d) People and community.
5. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
(a) Young and old.
(b) Sick and healthy.
(c) Babies and colts.
(d) Males and females.
6. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
(a) They are exposed.
(b) They are plentiful.
(c) They are hibernating.
(d) They stay in one place.
7. Who learns to stay out of reach until the legal time for hunting them is over?
8. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to pay attention to in Chapter 26?
(a) Evil things.
(c) Good things.
(d) Clean things.
9. What seems very difficult to catch at night for the Old Man, Bobby and their friends
10. What does the Old Man first say that he envies Bobby for in Chapter 25?
(a) Being a boy.
(b) Being carefree.
(c) Being silly.
(d) Being jobless.
11. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
12. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
(a) Bribe it with sugar.
(b) Throw it over the fence.
(c) Make it sleepy and carry it in.
(d) Blind it and push it inside.
13. What subject/topic does Bobby fail to apply himself in Chapter 22?
14. What kind of environment does the Old Man live in?
15. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
(d) Fishing poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bobby gets his report card one year, what is his family very disappointed to see in Chapter 22?
2. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
3. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
4. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
5. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)