|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hunting does Bobby go on in Chapter 28?
2. What is the month of March too early to do for according to the Old Man?
3. Who inspires Bobby to get a horse?
(c) Old Man.
4. Who wants fresh fish and convinces the Old Man to go fishing?
(b) Mr. Howard.
(c) Miss Lottie.
5. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
(d) Old Man.
6. What does the Old Man feel is approaching in Chapter 26?
7. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
(d) Fifth Amendment.
8. Where does Bobby accompany the Old Man while his grandmother cleans the house?
(b) Pool hall.
9. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
(a) Playing with his friends.
(b) Shooting his first quail.
(c) Cleaning fish.
(d) Beginning school.
10. What does Bobby ask for as his gift at Christmas?
(a) Coloring supplies.
(b) Bicycle helmet.
(c) Shotgun shells.
(d) Canterbury Tales.
11. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
12. What does the Old Man tell Bobby that he can never get back in Chapter 26?
13. What area is left for fishing after the tourists leave in Chapter 17?
(b) Whole beach.
(c) Tide pools.
14. How many geese does Bobby get when he shoots with two shotguns in a row?
15. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
2. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
3. Who do the Old Man and Bobby visit on their road trip?
4. Who has grown up into a man by the end of the novel?
5. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)