|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who learns to stay out of reach until the legal time for hunting them is over?
2. What factor prevents hunting some birds according to the Old Man?
(a) Clear weather.
3. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
(a) Rough men.
(b) Young boys.
(c) Older women.
(d) Little orphans.
4. How is a man different from a boy according to the Old Man?
(a) Doing something that is popular and desired.
(b) Growing a mustache and a beard.
(c) Doing something that is not easy or cannot be done.
(d) Driving a car and drinking alcohol.
5. Who inspires Bobby to get a horse?
(b) Old Man.
6. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
(a) In forests.
(b) In lakes.
(c) In bad weather.
(d) In clear weather.
7. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
(c) Used bullets.
8. What kinds of stories does the Old Man tell Bobby in Chapter 16?
9. What does Bobby show the Old Man when the Old Man asks him what he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A cave.
(b) A treehouse.
(c) A book.
(d) A drawing.
10. How much money does the animal that the Old Man buys for Bobby cost?
(a) 10 dollars.
(b) 5 dollars.
(c) 12 dollars.
(d) 20 dollars.
11. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
(a) Beginning school.
(b) Playing with his friends.
(c) Shooting his first quail.
(d) Cleaning fish.
12. How many geese does Bobby get when he shoots with two shotguns in a row?
13. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to enjoy as it comes in Chapter 26?
14. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
15. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
2. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
3. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
4. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
5. Where does Bobby accompany the Old Man while his grandmother cleans the house?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)