|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
(b) Used bullets.
2. What is the name of the animal that Bobby tries to train with the Old Man?
3. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
(a) His approach to meditation.
(b) His phase of life.
(c) His desire for food.
(d) His grandchildren.
4. Where do the Old Man and Bobby pretend they are in Chapter 25?
5. Who do the Old Man and Bobby visit on their road trip?
6. What area is left for fishing after the tourists leave in Chapter 17?
(b) Whole beach.
(d) Tide pools.
7. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
8. How is a man different from a boy according to the Old Man?
(a) Driving a car and drinking alcohol.
(b) Doing something that is popular and desired.
(c) Growing a mustache and a beard.
(d) Doing something that is not easy or cannot be done.
9. What does the Old Man say that a person never knows how it will come in handy in the future?
(a) Fishing poles.
10. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
(a) His school.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His books.
(d) Quail season.
11. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for?
(a) Every behavior.
(b) Every person.
(c) Every skill.
(d) Every job.
12. What kind of hunting does Bobby go on in Chapter 28?
13. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
(a) Males and females.
(b) Babies and colts.
(c) Young and old.
(d) Sick and healthy.
14. What is the message that Bobby says has stuck out all these years in Chapter 25?
15. Where does Bobby say that he learned everything he knows in Chapter 25?
(a) Old Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bobby and the Old Man like to hunt at night?
2. Who wants fresh fish and convinces the Old Man to go fishing?
3. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
4. Who has grown up into a man by the end of the novel?
5. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)