|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
(a) His books.
(b) His school.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Quail season.
2. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
3. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
4. What kind of men does Bobby meet with his grandfather when he leaves the house as his grandmother is cleaning?
(c) Riff raff.
5. In whose company does Bobby grow up in Chapter 17?
(a) Little orphans.
(b) Older women.
(c) Rough men.
(d) Young boys.
6. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
(b) Old Man.
7. How is a man different from a boy according to the Old Man?
(a) Doing something that is popular and desired.
(b) Driving a car and drinking alcohol.
(c) Growing a mustache and a beard.
(d) Doing something that is not easy or cannot be done.
8. After what day do the locals leave the beach in Chapter 18?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Labor Day.
9. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
10. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
11. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
12. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
(a) Singing to it.
(b) Crying to it.
(c) Whispering to it.
(d) Making noises.
13. How much money does the animal that the Old Man buys for Bobby cost?
(a) 12 dollars.
(b) 10 dollars.
(c) 5 dollars.
(d) 20 dollars.
14. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
(a) Waiting for Christmas.
(b) Waiting for school.
(c) Waiting for break.
(d) Waiting for his first bicycle.
15. What kind of character does the Old Man warn Bobby to not be in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man tell Bobby that he can never get back in Chapter 26?
2. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
3. Whose house does Bobby admire for its variety of animals in the surrounding environment?
4. What does Bobby ask for as his gift at Christmas?
5. As he has gotten older, what does the Old Man think he does not have to do as much?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)