|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who learns to stay out of reach until the legal time for hunting them is over?
2. Who has grown up into a man by the end of the novel?
(c) Mr. Howard.
3. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
4. Who does Bobby see walking down the street with shoulders slumped?
(a) Old Man.
5. What is NOT an example of a food/item that has become expensive according to the Old Man?
(b) Buffalo hump.
(d) Sherry wine.
6. How long does Bobby try to train the animal that the Old Man bought for him instead of a horse?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 8 months.
7. What does Bobby begin to notice a lot during the hunting trips?
8. What does the Old Man hate because of the effect bootlegging has on people?
(d) Fifth Amendment.
9. What does Bobby show the Old Man when the Old Man asks him what he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A cave.
(b) A treehouse.
(c) A book.
(d) A drawing.
10. What subject/topic does Bobby fail to apply himself in Chapter 22?
11. Who do the Old Man and Bobby visit on their road trip?
12. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to enjoy as it comes in Chapter 26?
13. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
(a) Cleaning fish.
(b) Playing with his friends.
(c) Beginning school.
(d) Shooting his first quail.
14. What does the Old Man tell Bobby that he can never get back in Chapter 26?
15. What does the Old Man first say that he envies Bobby for in Chapter 25?
(a) Being a boy.
(b) Being carefree.
(c) Being jobless.
(d) Being silly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bobby and the Old Man like to hunt at night?
2. Where does Bobby accompany the Old Man while his grandmother cleans the house?
3. What kind of psychology does the Old Man say that men must use on women?
4. Who brags and drives the Old Man crazy while hunting?
5. What does the Old Man say there is a time and place for in Chapter 25?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)