|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Old Man try to help the animal looking for its mother?
(a) Crying to it.
(b) Whispering to it.
(c) Singing to it.
(d) Making noises.
2. What is the best part of November to Bobby?
(a) His books.
(b) His school.
(c) Quail season.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What does the Old Man tell Bobby that he can never get back in Chapter 26?
4. When is it easy to see the ducks according to the Old Man?
(a) In bad weather.
(b) In clear weather.
(c) In forests.
(d) In lakes.
5. What does the Old Man think about his own learning process?
(a) He has a lot left in him to learn.
(b) He hates learning and is terrible at it.
(c) He wishes he could share his knowledge.
(d) He has learned everything he needs to know.
6. Who is happy after the tourists leave in Chapter 18?
(a) Old Man.
7. What animal does the Old Man get Bobby to practice on before he gets a horse?
8. What can Bobby hardly stand the anticipation of in November?
(a) Shooting his first quail.
(b) Cleaning fish.
(c) Beginning school.
(d) Playing with his friends.
9. What does the lost animal do after hearing the Old Man?
(b) Approach him.
(c) Run away.
10. What do Bobby and the Old Man like to hunt at night?
11. What two things does the Old Man find terrible about the kind of hunting he finds crazy?
(a) People and community.
(b) Clothing and bugs.
(c) Meat and weather.
(d) Difficulty and weapons.
12. As he has gotten older, what does the Old Man think he does not have to do as much?
(a) Answer the phone.
(b) Cook and clean.
(c) Try as hard.
13. How many geese does Bobby get when he shoots with two shotguns in a row?
14. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
15. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants fresh fish and convinces the Old Man to go fishing?
2. What shooting did Bobby do by accident that he admits?
3. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
4. What kinds of ducks can be hard to differentiate according to the Old Man?
5. Whose house does Bobby admire for its variety of animals in the surrounding environment?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)