|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Old Man and Bobby go hunting for in the marshes?
2. Whose cooking does Bobby enjoy tremendously over the years?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) Mr. Howard.
(c) Miss Lottie.
(d) Carrie Mae.
3. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
(a) Bribe it with sugar.
(b) Throw it over the fence.
(c) Make it sleepy and carry it in.
(d) Blind it and push it inside.
4. What is the best month to shoot quail according to the Old Man?
5. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
(a) They are exposed.
(b) They are plentiful.
(c) They are hibernating.
(d) They stay in one place.
6. What does the Old Man imitate for the lost animal?
(a) Mother squirrel.
(b) Mother deer.
(c) Mother goose.
(d) Mother duck.
7. What kind of character does the Old Man warn Bobby to not be in Chapter 25?
8. How long does Bobby try to train the animal that the Old Man bought for him instead of a horse?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 12 months.
9. What is the overall tone of the book by the ending chapters?
10. What do Bobby and the Old Man see looking for its mother?
11. What does Bobby confiscate from the bootleggers in Chapter 17?
12. How is a man different from a boy according to the Old Man?
(a) Driving a car and drinking alcohol.
(b) Doing something that is not easy or cannot be done.
(c) Doing something that is popular and desired.
(d) Growing a mustache and a beard.
13. What does the Old Man say you have to be crazy to like hunting?
14. What seems very difficult to catch at night for the Old Man, Bobby and their friends
15. What does Bobby show the Old Man when the Old Man asks him what he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A book.
(b) A cave.
(c) A treehouse.
(d) A drawing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Old Man and Bobby visit on their road trip?
2. To what does Bobby compare waiting in November?
3. What does Bobby find that he receives more of when he goes quail hunting with the Old Man in Chapter 20?
4. What animal does the Old Man get Bobby to practice on before he gets a horse?
5. In Chapter 25, what does the Old Man say Bobby should teach him about?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)