|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man like to do with his friend on his porch in Chapter 5?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Fight and argue.
(c) Laugh and smoke.
(d) Drink and cry.
2. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
(a) Play soccer.
(b) Play tennis.
(c) Play handball.
(d) Play baseball.
3. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
(c) Pine cones.
4. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
(a) Magic light.
(b) Cast net.
(d) Bluefish hook.
5. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Indians?
6. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
(a) A forest.
(b) A house.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A beach.
7. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
8. What does Bobby shoot in Chapter 7?
(a) Female hen.
(b) Male quail.
(c) Male turkey.
(d) Female turkey.
9. Who fails to shoot the animal during the hunt in Chapter 6 and is ashamed?
(c) Old Man.
10. What does the Old Man talk to Bobby about as they walk along the wet sea?
11. What damage will the Old Man and Bobby work on repairing in Chapter 11?
12. What does the Old Man do after Bobby kills the bird that sings at night?
(a) Scolds Bobby.
(b) Eats the bird.
(c) Breaks his gun.
(d) Locks him up.
13. What is the new gun that Bobby receives from the Old Man as a gift with his name on it?
(a) 20-gauge single-barrel.
(b) 45-mm single rifle.
(c) 90-mm silencer.
(d) 16-gauge double-barrel.
14. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
15. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has learned from sitting in silence in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the puppy that the Old Man gives Bobby?
3. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
4. What epidemic forces the closing of Bobby's school in Chapter 13?
5. What does Bobby have to do with the fish before they go to bed in Chapter 4?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)