Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a call do Bobby and his friends do to get animals to come out in Chapter 7?
2. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Howard.
(b) Mr. McIntyre.
(c) Mr. Greyson.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
3. Who sometimes accompanies the Old Man and the group hunting as a camping chef?
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
(a) Ride her back to the ocean.
(b) Capture her and put her in a bag.
(c) Paint her back.
(d) Feed her insects.
5. In the afternoon, what giant animal comes out of the woods that Bobby shoots?
6. In the white church meetings, what kind of dancing occurs?
7. What kind of hunting do the Old Man and Bobby go in at the end of Chapter 12?
8. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
(d) Pine cones.
9. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
10. What does the Old Man ask Bobby to think about as they sit in silence in Chapter 11?
(a) How everything got there.
(b) His failing grades.
(c) His ruthless cynicism.
(d) His mother's criticism.
11. What does Bobby see on the turtle's shell?
12. Where does Bobby go to get nails in Chapter 11?
(a) Uncle Jimmy's store.
(b) His uncle's house.
(c) His mother's attic.
(d) ACE hardware.
13. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
(a) Cast net.
(c) Magic light.
(d) Bluefish hook.
14. What does the Old Man think that they should go to and get out of the women's hair in Chapter 10?
(a) His mansion.
(b) His cellar.
(c) Beachfront shack.
(d) His sailboat.
15. How old is Bobby when the Old Man takes away his first gun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the puppy that the Old Man gives Bobby?
2. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
3. In whose home does Bobby spend the summers and holidays?
4. What does Bobby have to do with the fish before they go to bed in Chapter 4?
5. What does the Old Man do after Bobby kills the bird that sings at night?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)