|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of boat does the Old Man take Bobby on first where the fish flock to the boat?
2. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Bobby find the Old Man sitting with other old men on the dock in Chapter 10?
(a) A wooden log.
(b) A cedar bench.
(c) A gondola.
(d) A layboat.
4. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
(a) A beach.
(b) A forest.
(c) A house.
(d) A cabin.
5. What is the new gun that Bobby receives from the Old Man as a gift with his name on it?
(a) 20-gauge single-barrel.
(b) 45-mm single rifle.
(c) 16-gauge double-barrel.
(d) 90-mm silencer.
6. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
(a) To feed their own families.
(b) To hoard supplies.
(c) To overcome drought.
(d) To prevent thinning the flock.
7. In the afternoon, what giant animal comes out of the woods that Bobby shoots?
8. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
9. In September, what does the Old Man take Bobby fishing for on the weekends?
10. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
(a) Paint her back.
(b) Feed her insects.
(c) Capture her and put her in a bag.
(d) Ride her back to the ocean.
11. What does the Old Man do after Bobby kills the bird that sings at night?
(a) Scolds Bobby.
(b) Breaks his gun.
(c) Eats the bird.
(d) Locks him up.
12. What does fishing make easier to do according to the Old Man?
13. Who is Miss Lottie?
(a) Bobbie's aunt.
(b) Bobbie's grandmother.
(c) Bobbie's stepmother.
(d) Bobbie's schoolteacher.
14. In the white church meetings, what kind of dancing occurs?
15. What does Bobby do during the black church meetings?
(a) Dance with the clergy.
(b) Sing in the choir.
(c) Sit on the sidelines.
(d) Fight with the pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Indians?
2. What is Bobby's new boat called in Chapter 9?
3. What does Bobby have to do while the dogs flush out the animal during the hunt in Chapter 6?
4. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has learned from sitting in silence in Chapter 11?
5. How many dogs does Bobby take with him on his first hunting trip in Chapter 7?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)