|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby love to eat as much as possible during Christmas at roasts in Chapter 13?
2. On Sunday, what do the Old Man and Bobby like to do in Chapter 12?
3. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
(a) To overcome drought.
(b) To feed their own families.
(c) To prevent thinning the flock.
(d) To hoard supplies.
4. What kind of gun does Bobby receive in Chapter 1?
(d) 45 mm.
5. How old is Bobby when he gets an air rifle?
6. Where is the house located that Bobby stays in during the summer?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
7. How many animals does Bobby capture with the Indians in Chapter 6?
8. What does Bobby see that makes him feel energized to work in Chapter 11?
(a) Lazy Uncle Jimmy dozing.
(b) His grandmother cooking.
(c) His grandfather working.
(d) His sister painting.
9. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
10. What is the new gun that Bobby receives from the Old Man as a gift with his name on it?
(a) 16-gauge double-barrel.
(b) 20-gauge single-barrel.
(c) 45-mm single rifle.
(d) 90-mm silencer.
11. What does the Old Man say hunting quail is all about?
12. What are the women doing in Chapter 10 that makes Bobby nervous?
13. What do Bobby and the Old Man do with some of the turtle's eggs?
(a) Donate them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Lose them.
(d) Bury them.
14. With whom does the Old Man carefully cultivate relationships with and bring meat and grain on credit?
15. Where do the Old Man and Bobby fish on foot for bluefish?
(a) Salmon aquifers.
(b) Shallow tide-pools.
(c) Sounds and bays.
(d) Reefs and marshes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man get in exchange for bringing meat and grain on credit?
2. In September, what does the Old Man take Bobby fishing for on the weekends?
3. How many eggs does the turtle lay on the beach in a hole?
4. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
5. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)