|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Bobby gone without shooting anyone when he got the gift of a new gun from the Old Man?
2. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
(a) Meditative loafing and anxiety.
(b) Rushing and dreaming.
(c) Meditative loafing and laziness.
(d) Laziness and sloth.
3. What kinds of beds do they sleep on during the trip that are surprisingly comfortable?
(a) Woolen mitten.
(b) Pine needle.
(c) Oak leaves.
(d) Synthetic fiber.
4. Who comes over to Bobby's grandfather's house in Chapter 12?
(a) Carrie Mae.
5. What is Bobby sent out to shoot on his first hunting trip alone by his grandfather in Chapter 7?
6. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
(a) His sister.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His wife.
(d) Miss Lottie.
7. What do Bobby and the Old Man do with some of the turtle's eggs?
(a) Donate them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Bury them.
(d) Lose them.
8. What kind of church events does Bobby attend in Chapter 11?
9. What kind of hunting do the Old Man and Bobby go in at the end of Chapter 12?
10. What does the Old Man say that he is doing when he is sitting quietly on the dock?
11. What does Bobby like to do with his friends instead of going to church?
(b) Play dice.
(c) Sleep in.
12. How many dogs does Bobby take with him on his first hunting trip in Chapter 7?
13. What does the Old Man talk to Bobby about as they walk along the wet sea?
14. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A house.
(c) A beach.
(d) A forest.
15. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
(a) Play baseball.
(b) Play tennis.
(c) Play handball.
(d) Play soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man say is not the time for hard work or serious fishing?
2. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
3. What kind of boat does the Old Man take Bobby on first where the fish flock to the boat?
4. What does Bobby love about the black church meetings?
5. Where does Bobby find the Old Man sitting with other old men on the dock in Chapter 10?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)