|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does fishing make easier to do according to the Old Man?
2. Who comes over to Bobby's grandfather's house in Chapter 12?
(d) Carrie Mae.
3. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
4. Who is Miss Lottie?
(a) Bobbie's aunt.
(b) Bobbie's schoolteacher.
(c) Bobbie's stepmother.
(d) Bobbie's grandmother.
5. What do the Old Man and his friend do to Bobby after he shoots the animal?
(a) Congratulate him and give him a beer.
(b) Laugh at him and eat his food.
(c) Stick his head into the animal's entrails.
(d) Beat him up and steal his catch.
6. How many dogs does Bobby take with him on his first hunting trip in Chapter 7?
7. How old is Bobby when he gets his first gun?
8. What animal does Bobby NOT want the puppy to hunt?
9. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
(a) Meditative loafing and laziness.
(b) Meditative loafing and anxiety.
(c) Rushing and dreaming.
(d) Laziness and sloth.
10. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
11. What kind of boat does the Old Man take Bobby on first where the fish flock to the boat?
12. Who is Bobby's teacher that he has a crush on?
(a) Erica Stuart.
(b) Carrie Mae Knight.
(c) Lynda Johnson.
(d) Lisa Whitehall.
13. What does the Old Man make a medicine for the puppy that he gives Bobby?
(a) Whooping cough.
(b) Small pox.
14. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
(a) Blind Child.
(b) No Hunting.
(c) Shoot On Sight.
(d) No Trespassing.
15. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
2. What kind of gun does Bobby receive in Chapter 1?
3. In whose home does Bobby spend the summers and holidays?
4. How many people go on the trip that the Old Man plans?
5. Who cries after the hunt?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)