|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
(a) To get out of the house.
(b) To teach Bobby a lesson.
(c) To teach the Old Man a lesson.
(d) Meat is expensive.
2. On Sunday, what do the Old Man and Bobby like to do in Chapter 12?
3. What does Bobby have to do while the dogs flush out the animal during the hunt in Chapter 6?
4. What kind of a call do Bobby and his friends do to get animals to come out in Chapter 7?
5. In September, what does the Old Man take Bobby fishing for on the weekends?
6. What does the Old Man say hunting quail is all about?
7. What does Bobby love to eat as much as possible during Christmas at roasts in Chapter 13?
8. How many animals does Bobby capture with the Indians in Chapter 6?
9. Who is Miss Lottie?
(a) Bobbie's aunt.
(b) Bobbie's grandmother.
(c) Bobbie's stepmother.
(d) Bobbie's schoolteacher.
10. What does the Old Man ask Bobby to think about as they sit in silence in Chapter 11?
(a) How everything got there.
(b) His ruthless cynicism.
(c) His mother's criticism.
(d) His failing grades.
11. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
12. In the afternoon, what giant animal comes out of the woods that Bobby shoots?
13. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
(a) Shoot On Sight.
(b) Blind Child.
(c) No Hunting.
(d) No Trespassing.
14. What does Bobby like to do with his friends instead of going to church?
(a) Sleep in.
(d) Play dice.
15. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bobby sent out to shoot on his first hunting trip alone by his grandfather in Chapter 7?
2. With whom does the Old Man carefully cultivate relationships with and bring meat and grain on credit?
3. What kind of church events does Bobby attend in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
5. What epidemic forces the closing of Bobby's school in Chapter 13?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)