|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
(a) Bluefish hook.
(b) Cast net.
(d) Magic light.
2. Where does Bobby find the Old Man sitting with other old men on the dock in Chapter 10?
(a) A cedar bench.
(b) A gondola.
(c) A wooden log.
(d) A layboat.
3. How many eggs does the turtle lay on the beach in a hole?
4. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
5. What do Bobby and the Old Man do with some of the turtle's eggs?
(a) Lose them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Bury them.
(d) Donate them.
6. What does the Old Man teach Bobby to check about the gun?
7. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Howard.
(b) Mr. Greyson.
(c) Mr. McIntyre.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
8. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
9. What kind of gun does Bobby receive in Chapter 1?
(d) 45 mm.
10. How old is Bobby when he gets an air rifle?
11. During what month does an epidemic occur at Bobby's school?
12. How many years had Bobby gone without shooting anyone when he got the gift of a new gun from the Old Man?
13. What kinds of beds do they sleep on during the trip that are surprisingly comfortable?
(a) Woolen mitten.
(b) Synthetic fiber.
(c) Pine needle.
(d) Oak leaves.
14. In the afternoon, what giant animal comes out of the woods that Bobby shoots?
15. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
(a) Play soccer.
(b) Play baseball.
(c) Play tennis.
(d) Play handball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage will the Old Man and Bobby work on repairing in Chapter 11?
2. What is it important to train a bird dog to be like?
3. What does fishing make easier to do according to the Old Man?
4. What does the Old Man get in exchange for bringing meat and grain on credit?
5. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)