|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the Old Man carefully cultivate relationships with and bring meat and grain on credit?
2. What does Bobby think about as he sits in silence that makes him feel small and lonely?
(a) School, grades, and his friends.
(b) His grandparents and hunting.
(c) Life, God, Heaven, and Hell.
(d) His mother, brother, and family.
3. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
(a) A house.
(b) A beach.
(c) A forest.
(d) A cabin.
4. Where is the house located that Bobby stays in during the summer?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
5. What does Miss Lottie cook for supper in Chapter 12?
6. Where do the Old Man and Bobby fish on foot for bluefish?
(a) Shallow tide-pools.
(b) Reefs and marshes.
(c) Sounds and bays.
(d) Salmon aquifers.
7. What does Bobby see that makes him feel energized to work in Chapter 11?
(a) His sister painting.
(b) His grandfather working.
(c) Lazy Uncle Jimmy dozing.
(d) His grandmother cooking.
8. Who does Bobby think interferes with chores when he wants time alone?
(a) His sister.
(b) Miss Lottie.
(c) His stepmother.
(d) His wife.
9. How many animals does Bobby capture with the Indians in Chapter 6?
10. What does the Old Man get in exchange for bringing meat and grain on credit?
(a) Hunting rights.
(b) Food storage.
(c) Fishing rights.
(d) Dried shrimp.
11. In the white church meetings, what kind of dancing occurs?
12. What does the Old Man say hunting quail is all about?
13. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
14. How old is Bobby when he gets an air rifle?
15. What is Bobby's new boat called in Chapter 9?
(a) Daisy Tripping.
(b) Morse Code.
(c) Sweet Pea
(d) Charlotte Morse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bobby sent out to shoot on his first hunting trip alone by his grandfather in Chapter 7?
2. In the afternoon, what giant animal comes out of the woods that Bobby shoots?
3. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
4. What does the Old Man say is not the time for hard work or serious fishing?
5. What kind of church events does Bobby attend in Chapter 11?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)