|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
(a) Magic light.
(b) Bluefish hook.
(c) Cast net.
2. What does Bobby love about the black church meetings?
(a) Spirit movement.
(b) Music and watching people in the Spirit.
(c) Dancing and fighting.
(d) Preaching and praying.
3. What kind of a call do Bobby and his friends do to get animals to come out in Chapter 7?
4. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
(d) Pine cones.
5. What does the Old Man teach Bobby to check about the gun?
6. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
7. How many eggs does the turtle lay on the beach in a hole?
8. What is the name of the puppy that the Old Man gives Bobby?
9. What does the Old Man ask Bobby to think about as they sit in silence in Chapter 11?
(a) How everything got there.
(b) His ruthless cynicism.
(c) His failing grades.
(d) His mother's criticism.
10. What kinds of beds do they sleep on during the trip that are surprisingly comfortable?
(a) Pine needle.
(b) Oak leaves.
(c) Woolen mitten.
(d) Synthetic fiber.
11. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
12. In whose home does Bobby spend the summers and holidays?
(a) Father's house.
(b) Stepmother's house.
(c) Mother's house.
(d) Grandparents' house.
13. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
(a) To overcome drought.
(b) To hoard supplies.
(c) To feed their own families.
(d) To prevent thinning the flock.
14. What does Bobby see that makes him feel energized to work in Chapter 11?
(a) His sister painting.
(b) His grandfather working.
(c) His grandmother cooking.
(d) Lazy Uncle Jimmy dozing.
15. What do the Old Man and his friend do to Bobby after he shoots the animal?
(a) Stick his head into the animal's entrails.
(b) Laugh at him and eat his food.
(c) Beat him up and steal his catch.
(d) Congratulate him and give him a beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has to practice in order to use the gun in Chapter 1?
2. What kind of hunting do the Old Man and Bobby go in at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What does the Old Man get in exchange for bringing meat and grain on credit?
4. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
5. With whom does the Old Man carefully cultivate relationships with and bring meat and grain on credit?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)