|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bobby sent out to shoot on his first hunting trip alone by his grandfather in Chapter 7?
2. What does the Old Man say hunting quail is all about?
3. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has to practice in order to use the gun in Chapter 1?
(a) Rifle practice.
(b) Gun safety.
(d) Bullet shooting.
4. During what month does an epidemic occur at Bobby's school?
5. What animal does Bobby NOT want the puppy to hunt?
6. In whose home does Bobby spend the summers and holidays?
(a) Stepmother's house.
(b) Father's house.
(c) Grandparents' house.
(d) Mother's house.
7. In September, what does the Old Man take Bobby fishing for on the weekends?
8. What kind of gun does Bobby receive in Chapter 1?
(a) 45 mm.
9. What does Miss Lottie cook for supper in Chapter 12?
10. What is it important to train a bird dog to be like?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A servant.
(c) A receiver.
(d) A gentleman.
11. How many dogs does Bobby take with him on his first hunting trip in Chapter 7?
12. What does the Old Man talk to Bobby about as they walk along the wet sea?
13. What does Bobby kill that sings at night?
14. Where do the Old Man and Bobby decide to go to try hunting a turtle?
(a) A forest.
(b) A beach.
(c) A house.
(d) A cabin.
15. Where is the house located that Bobby stays in during the summer?
(b) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes over to Bobby's grandfather's house in Chapter 12?
2. How many years had Bobby gone without shooting anyone when he got the gift of a new gun from the Old Man?
3. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
4. What kind of hunting do the Old Man and Bobby go in at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What does the Old Man teach Bobby to check about the gun?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)