|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
(a) Shoot On Sight.
(b) No Trespassing.
(c) Blind Child.
(d) No Hunting.
2. What damage will the Old Man and Bobby work on repairing in Chapter 11?
3. Who is Miss Lottie?
(a) Bobbie's schoolteacher.
(b) Bobbie's aunt.
(c) Bobbie's grandmother.
(d) Bobbie's stepmother.
4. What does fishing make easier to do according to the Old Man?
5. During what month does an epidemic occur at Bobby's school?
6. In September, what does the Old Man take Bobby fishing for on the weekends?
7. What does Bobby shoot in Chapter 7?
(a) Male turkey.
(b) Female turkey.
(c) Male quail.
(d) Female hen.
8. How old is Bobby when the Old Man takes away his first gun?
9. What kind of a trip is the Old Man and his friend planning that Bobby desperately wants to go on?
(a) Sailing and swimming.
(b) Fishing and fighting.
(c) Camping and hunting.
(d) Rockclimbing and swimming.
10. What kind of hunting do the Old Man and Bobby go in at the end of Chapter 12?
11. What does the Old Man do after Bobby kills the bird that sings at night?
(a) Locks him up.
(b) Breaks his gun.
(c) Scolds Bobby.
(d) Eats the bird.
12. Who is Bobby's teacher that he has a crush on?
(a) Erica Stuart.
(b) Lynda Johnson.
(c) Carrie Mae Knight.
(d) Lisa Whitehall.
13. On Sunday, what do the Old Man and Bobby like to do in Chapter 12?
14. Who comes over to Bobby's grandfather's house in Chapter 12?
(d) Carrie Mae.
15. What does the Old Man get in exchange for bringing meat and grain on credit?
(a) Food storage.
(b) Dried shrimp.
(c) Hunting rights.
(d) Fishing rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many eggs does the turtle lay on the beach in a hole?
2. With whom does the Old Man carefully cultivate relationships with and bring meat and grain on credit?
3. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
4. What does Bobby kill that sings at night?
5. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)