|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby see that makes him feel energized to work in Chapter 11?
(a) His grandfather working.
(b) His grandmother cooking.
(c) His sister painting.
(d) Lazy Uncle Jimmy dozing.
2. What epidemic forces the closing of Bobby's school in Chapter 13?
(a) Small pox and hay fever.
(d) Measles and whooping cough.
3. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. McIntyre.
(b) Mr. Howard.
(c) Mr. Greyson.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
4. What does the Old Man teach Bobby to check about the gun?
5. What does Bobby kill that sings at night?
6. Who is Bobby's teacher that he has a crush on?
(a) Lynda Johnson.
(b) Lisa Whitehall.
(c) Carrie Mae Knight.
(d) Erica Stuart.
7. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
(a) Play baseball.
(b) Play soccer.
(c) Play tennis.
(d) Play handball.
8. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
(a) To feed their own families.
(b) To hoard supplies.
(c) To prevent thinning the flock.
(d) To overcome drought.
9. What does the Old Man ask Bobby to think about as they sit in silence in Chapter 11?
(a) How everything got there.
(b) His failing grades.
(c) His mother's criticism.
(d) His ruthless cynicism.
10. What is the name of the puppy that the Old Man gives Bobby?
11. What kinds of characters does Bobby encounter in the fishing cove?
12. Where do the Old Man and Bobby fish on foot for bluefish?
(a) Shallow tide-pools.
(b) Reefs and marshes.
(c) Sounds and bays.
(d) Salmon aquifers.
13. What does the Old Man say hunting quail is all about?
14. What does the Old Man make a medicine for the puppy that he gives Bobby?
(b) Whooping cough.
(c) Small pox.
15. What do Bobby and the Old Man hunt in October and give to various people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
2. What kind of a trip is the Old Man and his friend planning that Bobby desperately wants to go on?
3. What is it important to train a bird dog to be like?
4. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
5. Who comes over to Bobby's grandfather's house in Chapter 12?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)