|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bobby's teacher that he has a crush on?
(a) Carrie Mae Knight.
(b) Erica Stuart.
(c) Lynda Johnson.
(d) Lisa Whitehall.
2. What does the Old Man ask Bobby to think about as they sit in silence in Chapter 11?
(a) How everything got there.
(b) His failing grades.
(c) His mother's criticism.
(d) His ruthless cynicism.
3. What do Bobby and the Old Man hunt in October and give to various people?
4. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
(a) Feed her insects.
(b) Paint her back.
(c) Ride her back to the ocean.
(d) Capture her and put her in a bag.
5. What epidemic forces the closing of Bobby's school in Chapter 13?
(b) Small pox and hay fever.
(c) Measles and whooping cough.
6. What does the Old Man say shooting ducks is all about?
7. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has learned from sitting in silence in Chapter 11?
8. What does Bobby do during the black church meetings?
(a) Sing in the choir.
(b) Fight with the pastor.
(c) Sit on the sidelines.
(d) Dance with the clergy.
9. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
(c) Pine cones.
10. In whose home does Bobby spend the summers and holidays?
(a) Grandparents' house.
(b) Father's house.
(c) Mother's house.
(d) Stepmother's house.
11. Who is Miss Lottie?
(a) Bobbie's aunt.
(b) Bobbie's schoolteacher.
(c) Bobbie's grandmother.
(d) Bobbie's stepmother.
12. What is it important to train a bird dog to be like?
(a) A servant.
(b) A receiver.
(c) A fighter.
(d) A gentleman.
13. How old is Bobby when he gets his first gun?
14. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
15. What is the new gun that Bobby receives from the Old Man as a gift with his name on it?
(a) 16-gauge double-barrel.
(b) 90-mm silencer.
(c) 45-mm single rifle.
(d) 20-gauge single-barrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a call do Bobby and his friends do to get animals to come out in Chapter 7?
2. What do Bobby and the Old Man do with some of the turtle's eggs?
3. What kinds of characters does Bobby encounter in the fishing cove?
4. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
5. What does the Old Man want the boy to exercise regarding shooting in Chapter 13?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)