|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man think that they should go to and get out of the women's hair in Chapter 10?
(a) His cellar.
(b) His sailboat.
(c) His mansion.
(d) Beachfront shack.
2. What does the Old Man say hunting quail is all about?
3. What does Bobby like to do in addition to hunting and fishing in Chapter 11?
(a) Play tennis.
(b) Play handball.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) Play baseball.
4. What does the Old Man say is not the time for hard work or serious fishing?
5. What does the Old Man ask Bobby to think about as they sit in silence in Chapter 11?
(a) His failing grades.
(b) How everything got there.
(c) His ruthless cynicism.
(d) His mother's criticism.
6. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
7. What does fishing make easier to do according to the Old Man?
8. How many dogs does Bobby take with him on his first hunting trip in Chapter 7?
9. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) Mr. Howard.
10. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
(a) Blind Child.
(b) No Hunting.
(c) No Trespassing.
(d) Shoot On Sight.
11. Where does Bobby find the Old Man sitting with other old men on the dock in Chapter 10?
(a) A wooden log.
(b) A gondola.
(c) A cedar bench.
(d) A layboat.
12. What does Bobby see that makes him feel energized to work in Chapter 11?
(a) His grandmother cooking.
(b) His grandfather working.
(c) His sister painting.
(d) Lazy Uncle Jimmy dozing.
13. What animal was NOT shot during the hunt in Chapter 9?
14. Who is Bobby's teacher that he has a crush on?
(a) Carrie Mae Knight.
(b) Lisa Whitehall.
(c) Lynda Johnson.
(d) Erica Stuart.
15. What is the name of the puppy that the Old Man gives Bobby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby like to do with his friends instead of going to church?
2. What does the Old Man like to do with his friend on his porch in Chapter 5?
3. What does Bobby shoot in Chapter 7?
4. What does Bobby love to eat as much as possible during Christmas at roasts in Chapter 13?
5. What does Bobby think about as he sits in silence that makes him feel small and lonely?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)