|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
(a) To teach Bobby a lesson.
(b) To teach the Old Man a lesson.
(c) Meat is expensive.
(d) To get out of the house.
2. What does Bobby retrieve on expeditions at his grandparents' house?
(b) Pine cones.
3. What does the Old Man say that he is doing when he is sitting quietly on the dock?
4. What does the Old Man like to do with his friend on his porch in Chapter 5?
(a) Drink and cry.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Fight and argue.
(d) Laugh and smoke.
5. Where does Bobby wait to shoot near a cornfield?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A blind.
(c) A cave.
(d) A hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Old Man's favorite month to hunt?
2. How many eggs does the turtle lay on the beach in a hole?
3. What does Bobby consider nonsense in Chapter 22?
4. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
5. What do the Old Man and Bobby take time to maintain that Bobby likes to play in Chapter 16?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)