|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Bobby try to train the animal that the Old Man bought for him instead of a horse?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
2. What is Bobby's new boat called in Chapter 9?
(a) Charlotte Morse.
(b) Sweet Pea
(c) Morse Code.
(d) Daisy Tripping.
3. What does the Old Man compare his favorite month of hunting to?
(a) His phase of life.
(b) His desire for food.
(c) His approach to meditation.
(d) His grandchildren.
4. How is a man different from a boy according to the Old Man?
(a) Growing a mustache and a beard.
(b) Doing something that is not easy or cannot be done.
(c) Driving a car and drinking alcohol.
(d) Doing something that is popular and desired.
5. How many dogs does Bobby take with him on his first hunting trip in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
2. What does Bobby like to do with his friends instead of going to church?
3. What does the Old Man say that he is doing when he is sitting quietly on the dock?
4. What does Bobby love about the black church meetings?
5. What does the Old Man tell Bobby to do on/to the turtle?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)