|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Man teach Bobby to check about the gun?
2. How old is Bobby when he gets an air rifle?
3. What does the Old Man want to explain the difference between to Bobby?
(a) Meditative loafing and anxiety.
(b) Meditative loafing and laziness.
(c) Rushing and dreaming.
(d) Laziness and sloth.
4. Where do the Old Man and Bobby fish on foot for bluefish?
(a) Sounds and bays.
(b) Reefs and marshes.
(c) Salmon aquifers.
(d) Shallow tide-pools.
5. What do the Old Man and his friend do to Bobby after he shoots the animal?
(a) Stick his head into the animal's entrails.
(b) Laugh at him and eat his food.
(c) Congratulate him and give him a beer.
(d) Beat him up and steal his catch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man say is not the time for hard work or serious fishing?
2. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
3. Where is the house located that Bobby stays in during the summer?
4. What does Bobby do during the black church meetings?
5. What does fishing make easier to do according to the Old Man?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)