|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit from Maryland in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(b) Mr. Greyson.
(c) Mr. Howard.
(d) Mr. McIntyre.
2. What does the Old Man say is not the time for hard work or serious fishing?
3. What kind of boat does the Old Man take Bobby on first where the fish flock to the boat?
4. What does the Old Man like to do with his friend on his porch in Chapter 5?
(a) Drink and cry.
(b) Fight and argue.
(c) Play chess.
(d) Laugh and smoke.
5. In whose home does Bobby spend the summers and holidays?
(a) Father's house.
(b) Grandparents' house.
(c) Mother's house.
(d) Stepmother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the house located that Bobby stays in during the summer?
2. What is the new gun that Bobby receives from the Old Man as a gift with his name on it?
3. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has to practice in order to use the gun in Chapter 1?
4. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
5. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)