|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do farmers tell rich hunters that there is no quail in Chapter 13?
(a) To hoard supplies.
(b) To overcome drought.
(c) To feed their own families.
(d) To prevent thinning the flock.
2. Why is the quail easier to shoot at some times of the year according to the Old Man?
(a) They are hibernating.
(b) They are plentiful.
(c) They are exposed.
(d) They stay in one place.
3. Who does Bobby accompany on missions to chase down bootleggers?
(a) Drill sergeants.
(d) Coast Guard.
4. What do the Old Man and the Boy put out to catch live shrimp for bait in Chapter 4?
(a) Cast net.
(b) Magic light.
(c) Bluefish hook.
5. What kind of a trip is the Old Man and his friend planning that Bobby desperately wants to go on?
(a) Rockclimbing and swimming.
(b) Camping and hunting.
(c) Sailing and swimming.
(d) Fishing and fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of signs are all over the property of the rich man that Bobby notices in Chapter 7?
2. What does the Old Man like to do with his friend on his porch in Chapter 5?
3. What does Bobby have to do with the fish before they go to bed in Chapter 4?
4. What animal does Bobby NOT want the puppy to hunt?
5. What does Bobby have to do to get the animal the Old Man purchased for him to enter the cow pen?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)