|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Bobby gone without shooting anyone when he got the gift of a new gun from the Old Man?
2. Who is considered a man after successfully killing a buck?
(a) The Old Man.
(c) Mr. Howard.
3. What kinds of beds do they sleep on during the trip that are surprisingly comfortable?
(a) Oak leaves.
(b) Woolen mitten.
(c) Synthetic fiber.
(d) Pine needle.
4. What does the Old Man say that Bobby has to practice in order to use the gun in Chapter 1?
(a) Rifle practice.
(c) Bullet shooting.
(d) Gun safety.
5. Why does Miss Lottie suggest that the men go hunting in Chapter 7?
(a) To teach Bobby a lesson.
(b) To teach the Old Man a lesson.
(c) To get out of the house.
(d) Meat is expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Old Man and Bobby fish on foot for bluefish?
2. What kind of a hunt does Bobby go on with the Old Man and his friend the morning after they arrive?
3. Where is the house located that Bobby stays in during the summer?
4. What does the Old Man make a medicine for the puppy that he gives Bobby?
5. In September, what does the Old Man take Bobby fishing for on the weekends?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)