|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does the narrator carry his pajamas and toothbrush home?
(a) In a shopping bag.
(b) In a brown paper bag.
(c) In a box.
(d) In a plastic sack.
2. What color pajamas is the narrator wearing in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 10, what does the narrator eat for breakfast?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Scones and jam.
4. What flavor is the tooth powder that the narrator uses in Chapter 10?
(a) Peppery and salty.
(b) Minty and lemony.
5. In Chapter 14, where does Ginnie lay Lettie down after Lettie is hurt?
(a) On the pond.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the grass.
(d) On the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the kitten that sleeps with the narrator in Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of the Hempstock’s cow that seems to be going lame in Chapter 9?
3. What color boots does Ginnie Hempstock wear at the end of Chapter 13?
4. What does the narrator realize when he steps into the ocean in Chapter 13?
5. What do the Hempstocks give to the narrator’s parents after they bring his toothbrush to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator runs to the hunger birds in Chapter 14?
2. What does the narrator say he misses about childhood in Chapter 13?
3. How is the television set described in the narrator’s parents’ room?
4. What comes out at dusk when the narrator is in the fairy ring?
5. Why is Ursula unable to go through the wormhole in Chapter 11?
6. What is the purpose of the hole that Ursula left inside the narrator?
7. Why does the narrator leave the lane and cut across the fields in Chapter 8?
8. In Chapter 10, what does the narrator see outside the window when he wakes in the night?
9. What do the Hempstocks serve the narrator for dinner in Chapter 9?
10. The narrator says in Chapter 11 that he has only seen grownups cry twice. How does he describe these events?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)