|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lettie bring to the narrator in Chapter 13?
(a) The ocean.
(c) Her mother.
2. How far is the narrator's bedroom window said to be from the ground in Chapter 8?
(a) 35 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 25 feet.
(d) 30 feet.
3. What color is the kitten that sleeps with the narrator in Chapter 9?
(d) Black and silver.
4. In Chapter 10, what type of jam does the narrator eat with his toast?
5. In Chapter 10, what is the first item that Lettie sets down in the narrator’s yard?
(a) A doll.
(b) A marble.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) A toy giraffe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Lettie away in Chapter 14?
2. What does the narrator call the things that devour Ursula?
3. What color pajamas is the narrator wearing in Chapter 8?
4. How is the weather described in Chapter 8?
5. How fragile does the narrator realize that the reality of his world is in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ursula do in Chapter 11 when she finds the way back through the wormhole blocked?
2. What does the narrator have for breakfast at the Hempstock home in Chapter 10?
3. What is the purpose of the hole that Ursula left inside the narrator?
4. Why does Lettie praise the narrator in Chapter 13?
5. What does the narrator say he misses about childhood in Chapter 13?
6. How does the narrator describe his encounter with the opal miner in Chapter 12?
7. How does the narrator get out of his locked bedroom in Chapter 8?
8. How is the television set described in the narrator’s parents’ room?
9. What do the hunger birds do when Lettie and Ginnie tell them they can’t come onto Hempstock land?
10. In Chapter 10, what does the narrator see outside the window when he wakes in the night?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)