|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color bathtub is in the narrator’s house?
2. How far does the narrator pull out the worm from his foot before it resists?
(a) About an inch.
(b) ½ an inch.
(c) About 2 inches.
(d) ¼ of an inch.
3. In Chapter 6, how many days a week does the narrator’s mother say she will work at her new job?
4. On what day of the week does the narrator receive a letter saying he won the Premium Bonds?
5. To what tune does Lettie begin to bind the creature that she and the narrator encounter in Chapter 4?
(a) "Girls and Boys Come Out to Play."
(b) “All the Pretty Little Horses.”
(c) “Bushel and a Peck.”
(d) “If I Had a Hammer.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator’s laboratory in actuality?
2. What presents does the narrator receive for his seventh birthday?
3. In Chapter 4, what does the narrator see beneath the milk-churn table?
4. What color are the doors on the outside of the outside toilet at the narrator’s house?
5. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the opal miner give the narrator a cat in Chapter 1?
2. How does the narrator describe the clearing that he and Lettie enter in their search for the creature in Chapter 4?
3. What does the narrator’s sister do every night before bed?
4. Where does the narrator go while the police deal with the narrator’s father’s car and its contents in Chapter 2?
5. Why does the narrator let go of Lettie’s hand in Chapter 4?
6. How does the narrator describe his family's last housekeeper in Chapter 6?
7. How does the narrator get rid of the worm after removing it from his foot?
8. Where does the narrator like to read on nice spring days?
9. Where did the narrator live growing up? At what point did his family move?
10. What does Mr. Wollery find in the garden in Chapter 3?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)