|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Hempstocks came from the old country and brought the farm, what did Gran call the things that were brought with it?
2. What color shirt is the narrator’s father wearing in Chapter 7?
3. On what day of the week does the narrator receive a letter saying he won the Premium Bonds?
4. What color are the doors on the outside of the outside toilet at the narrator’s house?
5. What color are the walls in the narrator’s parents’ bedroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the bridge that Lettie and the narrator cross after the binding in Chapter 4?
2. What color hair does Ursula have?
3. What is the name of the cat that turns up at Hempstock Farm in pagan days?
4. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
5. In Chapter 4, what is the second color Lettie wants to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the lane that he drives in the Prologue?
2. What does the narrator’s father do in Chapter 7 after the narrator refuses to eat or apologize to Ursula?
3. How does the narrator describe Ursula when she first arrives?
4. Why does the narrator say that his father has never hit him?
5. What are narcissi and what are they named for?
6. What items lead Lettie to the creature in Chapter 4?
7. Describe the narrator's dream in Chapter 3. What does the narrator discover when he wakes?
8. What does the narrator’s sister do every night before bed?
9. How does the narrator get rid of the worm after removing it from his foot?
10. Who steals the narrator’s father’s car in Chapter 2? Why?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)