|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress is Lettie wearing in Chapter 3?
2. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 2, how many beds are described in the narrator’s sister’s room?
4. How old is the narrator when he goes to Madame Tussauds wax museum?
5. In Chapter 3, how much does the narrator win in the Premium Bonds?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 25 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color bathtub is in the narrator’s house?
2. How old was the narrator when he lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
3. What does Lettie give the narrator to eat in Chapter 2?
4. What color are the walls in the narrator’s parents’ bedroom?
5. In Chapter 2, what room is the narrator’s bedroom over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator let go of Lettie’s hand in Chapter 4?
2. How does the narrator describe his family's last housekeeper in Chapter 6?
3. What does the narrator describe having cut out of his knee with a penknife in Chapter 5? What did he learn?
4. Where does the narrator go while the police deal with the narrator’s father’s car and its contents in Chapter 2?
5. What does the narrator’s father do in Chapter 7 after the narrator refuses to eat or apologize to Ursula?
6. What are narcissi and what are they named for?
7. What items lead Lettie to the creature in Chapter 4?
8. How does the narrator get rid of the worm after removing it from his foot?
9. Why does the opal miner give the narrator a cat in Chapter 1?
10. How does Lettie find the way to the creature to bind it in Chapter 4?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)