|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the narrator wakes in Chapter 10, who helps him find his way downstairs?
(b) Old Mrs. Hempstock.
(c) The kitten.
2. What does the narrator drink while taking a bath in Chapter 9?
(b) Warm milk.
3. In Chapter 8, what color does the meadow explode into?
4. In Chapter 11, how high does Ursula hold the narrator off the ground?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
5. Why do the cleaners refuse to leave?
(a) There is still a bit of Ursula in the narrator.
(b) They are still hungry.
(c) Lettie doesn’t have enough power to make them go back.
(d) They like earth.
6. How is the weather described in Chapter 8?
(a) Clear and cold.
(d) Warm and cloudy.
7. What color is the roof of the narrator’s house?
8. What constellation do the hunger birds devour from the sky in Chapter 14?
9. In Chapter 10, what type of jam does the narrator eat with his toast?
10. What does the narrator realize when he steps into the ocean in Chapter 13?
(a) That he can swim.
(b) That the hole is gone.
(c) That he knows everything.
(d) That Lettie is gone.
11. In Chapter 8, how far is the narrator inside the boundaries of the Hempstock Farm?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
12. Who is the second person that the narrator sees when he sits inside the circle?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sister.
13. What is in the center of the fairy circle?
(a) A rose bush.
(b) A dead tree.
(d) A straggly bush.
14. How many of the creatures that devour Ursula land on the grass?
(a) They can’t be counted.
15. In Chapter 9, what color thread does Granny use when she is snipping and sewing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is old Mrs. Hempstock doing when the narrator comes to her house in Chapter 9?
2. What is tangy in the dessert that the narrator eats in Chapter 13?
3. What does the moon look like as Ginnie carries Lettie in Chapter 14?
4. Who is the third person that the narrator sees while he is in the fairy ring?
5. How far is the narrator's bedroom window said to be from the ground in Chapter 8?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)