|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does the narrator eat for supper?
(a) Shepherd’s pie.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Chicken and dumplings.
(d) Soup and sandwiches.
2. What does Lettie bring to the narrator in Chapter 13?
(b) The ocean.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is the narrator singing when he sees Ursula outside the circle in Chapter 12?
(a) “Ants Go Marching.”
(b) “The Nightmare Song.”
(c) “Ninety-nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall.”
(d) “Are you Sleeping.?”
4. How fragile does the narrator realize that the reality of his world is in Chapter 13?
(a) As fragile as makeup on a woman’s face.
(b) As fragile as icing on a birthday cake.
(c) As fragile as leaves on a tree.
(d) As fragile as drops of rain on a sidewalk.
5. How far is the narrator's bedroom window said to be from the ground in Chapter 8?
(a) 30 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 35 feet.
(d) 25 feet.
6. In Chapter 9, what is Lettie’s mother doing when the narrator arrives at the house?
(a) Stirring logs in the fireplace.
(b) Milking the cow.
(c) Knitting a scarf.
(d) Preparing food.
7. What flavor is the tooth powder that the narrator uses in Chapter 10?
(a) Minty and lemony.
(d) Peppery and salty.
8. In Chapter 8, what color raincoat is Lettie wearing?
9. What does Lettie do when Ursula refuses to put the narrator down in Chapter 11?
(a) She screams.
(b) She sings.
(c) She whistles.
(d) She says words in an ancient language.
10. What color is the narrator’s toothbrush?
11. What does the narrator realize when he steps into the ocean in Chapter 13?
(a) That Lettie is gone.
(b) That the hole is gone.
(c) That he can swim.
(d) That he knows everything.
12. In Chapter 11, how high does Ursula hold the narrator off the ground?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
13. At the end of Chapter 12, how many times does the narrator sing a song completely through?
14. Where has Lettie been scratched when she returns in Chapter 10?
(a) Her cheek.
(b) Her right arm.
(c) Her left arm.
(d) Her knee.
15. How does the narrator get hurt when Ursula crumples to the ground?
(a) He bumps his head.
(b) He skins his knees and the palms of his hands.
(c) He twists his ankle.
(d) He bumps his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where does the narrator take a bath?
2. What does the narrator have for dessert in Chapter 13?
3. How many of the creatures that devour Ursula land on the grass?
4. What does the narrator drink while taking a bath in Chapter 9?
5. To the narrator, how long does it seem like it has been since the creatures have eaten by the way they devour Ursula, ?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)