|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how far is the narrator inside the boundaries of the Hempstock Farm?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
2. How fragile does the narrator realize that the reality of his world is in Chapter 13?
(a) As fragile as drops of rain on a sidewalk.
(b) As fragile as leaves on a tree.
(c) As fragile as icing on a birthday cake.
(d) As fragile as makeup on a woman’s face.
3. About how far is the narrator’s home from the Hempstock farm?
(a) 1 1/2 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) A mile or so.
4. What does the narrator call the things that devour Ursula?
(a) Flying dinosaurs.
(b) Hunger birds.
(d) Flying death.
5. How many times does the narrator say he had seen grownups cry in Chapter 11?
6. Who is the first person that the narrator sees when he is standing in the circle in Chapter 12?
(a) His grandfather.
(c) The opal miner.
(d) A neighbor.
7. In Chapter 13, what does the narrator eat for supper?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Soup and sandwiches.
(c) Shepherd’s pie.
(d) Chicken and dumplings.
8. What does the moon look like as Ginnie carries Lettie in Chapter 14?
(a) A quarter moon.
(b) A half moon.
(c) A three-quarters moon.
(d) A full moon.
9. In Chapter 9, what is Lettie’s mother doing when the narrator arrives at the house?
(a) Milking the cow.
(b) Stirring logs in the fireplace.
(c) Preparing food.
(d) Knitting a scarf.
10. What color is the ground in Chapter 14, right before the hunger birds come?
11. Whose clothing does the narrator borrow in Chapter 8?
(a) Cousin Matthew’s.
(b) Cousin Japeth’s.
(c) Uncle Peter’s.
(d) Uncle Bernard’s.
12. In Chapter 9, what color thread does Granny use when she is snipping and sewing?
13. What does the narrator have for dessert in Chapter 13?
(a) Spotted dick with yellow custard.
(b) Peach cobbler.
(c) Apple pie and ice cream.
(d) Sponge cake.
14. Where has Lettie been scratched when she returns in Chapter 10?
(a) Her right arm.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her cheek.
(d) Her left arm.
15. In Chapter 8, what color raincoat is Lettie wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Lettie seem to come in Chapter 12 as the narrator waits in the fairy ring?
2. What color cat comes into the Hempstock kitchen in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 10, what does the narrator eat for breakfast?
4. In Chapter 9, where does the narrator take a bath?
5. How does the narrator get hurt when Ursula crumples to the ground?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)