|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lettie look like in the ocean?
(a) Like pure light.
(b) Like ice and fire.
(c) Like pink fabric.
(d) Like silken sheets the color of ice.
2. In Chapter 11, where do Lettie and the narrator catch up with Ursula?
(a) By the daffodils.
(b) Under the beech tree.
(c) At the narrator's laboratory.
(d) By the rose bushes.
3. How old is the narrator’s sister in Chapter 8?
4. What does Lettie do when Ursula refuses to put the narrator down in Chapter 11?
(a) She screams.
(b) She says words in an ancient language.
(c) She sings.
(d) She whistles.
5. How far is the narrator's bedroom window said to be from the ground in Chapter 8?
(a) 25 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 30 feet.
(d) 35 feet.
6. In Chapter 8, how far is the narrator inside the boundaries of the Hempstock Farm?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
7. From where does Lettie seem to come in Chapter 12 as the narrator waits in the fairy ring?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Among the rhododendrons.
(c) Under the beech tree.
(d) The laboratory.
8. What type of animal do the hunger birds grab in Chapter 14?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A fox.
9. What is tangy in the dessert that the narrator eats in Chapter 13?
10. As night falls, what can the narrator see flying above him in Chapter 12?
11. What color is the ground in Chapter 14, right before the hunger birds come?
12. Where does Old Mrs. Hempstock threaten to bind the hunger birds in Chapter 14?
(b) A dark star.
(c) A black hole.
(d) The ocean.
13. In Chapter 11, how high does Ursula hold the narrator off the ground?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
14. What do the Hempstocks serve the narrator for dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) Chicken pot pie with vegetables.
(b) Chicken, bread, and greens.
(c) Beef, potatoes, greens, and carrots.
(d) Beef pot pie with vegetables.
15. In Chapter 10, what wakes the narrator in the night?
(a) Lettie's voice.
(b) The honking of a horn.
(c) Noise outside.
(d) Strange dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the narrator think of when he is loaned a nightgown from the Hempstocks in Chapter 9?
2. When the narrator is in the ocean, what can he see above and below him?
3. What type of vehicle drives past as the narrator runs toward the Hempstock Farm in Chapter 8?
4. Where has Lettie been scratched when she returns in Chapter 10?
5. To the narrator, how long does it seem like it has been since the creatures have eaten by the way they devour Ursula, ?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)