|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what room is the narrator’s bedroom over?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The television room.
2. What color dress is Lettie wearing in Chapter 3?
3. What does Lettie cook the narrator for breakfast in Chapter 3?
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Toast and jam.
4. What is the narrator’s laboratory in actuality?
(a) A space under the front porch.
(b) A green-painted shed.
(c) A corner of the basement.
(d) A back room at the library.
5. In Chapter 5, how long does the narrator let the water run to get it steaming?
(a) 6 minutes.
(b) 3-4 minutes.
(c) 4-5 minutes.
(d) 2 minutes.
6. What animal is seen by the narrator and Lettie as they feel the storm in Chapter 4?
(a) A panther.
(b) A manta wolf.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A cougar.
7. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
(a) 30 years ago.
(b) 35 years ago.
(c) 25 years ago.
(d) 20 years ago.
8. How old was the narrator when he lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
9. What color hair does Ursula have?
(c) Mousy brown.
10. What type of dog does the secretary who works for the narrator’s father have?
(a) A dachshund.
(b) A poodle.
(c) A beagle.
(d) A chihuahua.
11. What is on the birthday cake for the narrator’s seventh birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A spaceship.
(c) A football.
(d) A wizard.
12. In Chapter 7, what does Ursula threaten to do if the narrator tries to leave the property?
(a) Lock him in his room.
(b) Feed him bugs.
(c) Whip him.
(d) Starve him.
13. What color is the bridge that Lettie and the narrator cross after the binding in Chapter 4?
(c) Red and yellow.
(d) Blue and brown.
14. In Chapter 4, what does the narrator see beneath the milk-churn table?
(a) A bluebell.
(c) White and yellow daisies.
(d) Golden dandelions.
15. Where is the opal miner said to be from?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) United States.
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color skirt is Lettie wearing when the narrator first meets her?
2. In Chapter 7, what is the weather like when the narrator awakens?
3. What color suit does the narrator wear in the Prologue?
4. How many strokes does the narrator’s sister brush her hair every night?
5. What color is the car the narrator’s father gets in Chapter 3?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)