|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is seen by the narrator and Lettie as they feel the storm in Chapter 4?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A manta wolf.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A panther.
2. What types of flowers does Old Mrs. Hempstock bring into her house in Chapter 3?
3. How long had Mr. Wollery tended the gardens at the narrator’s house before they lived there?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 30 years.
4. What color is the bridge that Lettie and the narrator cross after the binding in Chapter 4?
(a) Red and yellow.
(b) Blue and brown.
5. How does the narrator get rid of the worm he has pulled from his foot?
(a) He puts it into a garbage sack.
(b) He throws it out the window.
(c) He puts it down the tub drain.
(d) He buries it.
6. What is the narrator’s laboratory in actuality?
(a) A back room at the library.
(b) A space under the front porch.
(c) A corner of the basement.
(d) A green-painted shed.
7. Where does the narrator meet Lettie in Chapter 3?
(a) At the bottom of his driveway.
(b) At school.
(c) At the beginning of the lane.
(d) At her house.
8. In Chapter 4, what is the second color Lettie wants to find?
9. In Chapter 6, how many days a week does the narrator’s mother say she will work at her new job?
10. In Chapter 6, where does the narrator go to read a book after his mother tells him about the new housekeeper?
(a) By the beech tree.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) On the back porch.
(d) Under the maple tree.
11. What color are the doors on the outside of the outside toilet at the narrator’s house?
12. In Chapter 7, where does the narrator go to pray that Ursula has tired of her little game?
(a) The balcony.
(b) His parents’ room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) His laboratory.
13. What type of dog does the secretary who works for the narrator’s father have?
(a) A poodle.
(b) A beagle.
(c) A chihuahua.
(d) A dachshund.
14. In Chapter 7, what does Ursula threaten to do if the narrator tries to leave the property?
(a) Lock him in his room.
(b) Feed him bugs.
(c) Starve him.
(d) Whip him.
15. What type of vehicle does the narrator’s father get in Chapter 3?
(c) Range Rover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go the morning after his confrontation with Ursula in Chapter 7?
2. What color is Lettie looking for in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 3, how much does the narrator win in the Premium Bonds?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Ursula make for dinner?
5. What color shirt is the narrator’s father wearing in Chapter 7?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)