|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Lettie looking for in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Ursula make for dinner?
(b) Chicken nuggets.
3. Where does the narrator meet Lettie in Chapter 3?
(a) At school.
(b) At her house.
(c) At the bottom of his driveway.
(d) At the beginning of the lane.
4. In Chapter 2, how many beds are described in the narrator’s sister’s room?
5. Once the narrator becomes an adult, who tells him that he had been a monster when he was a child?
(a) His dad.
(b) His mom.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His aunts.
6. How old was the narrator when he claims that he could have been called a monster?
7. In Chapter 6, how many days a week does the narrator’s mother say she will work at her new job?
8. Around what time of day does the man commit suicide in the narrator’s father’s car?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
9. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
10. In Chapter 5, how long does the narrator let the water run to get it steaming?
(a) 3-4 minutes.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 6 minutes.
(d) 4-5 minutes.
11. In Chapter 4, what does the narrator see beneath the milk-churn table?
(b) White and yellow daisies.
(c) A bluebell.
(d) Golden dandelions.
12. What color shirt is the narrator’s father wearing in Chapter 7?
13. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
(a) A thousand.
(c) A couple hundred.
14. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
(a) 35 years ago.
(b) 30 years ago.
(c) 25 years ago.
(d) 20 years ago.
15. What does Lettie give the narrator to eat in Chapter 2?
(b) Oatmeal and cream.
(c) Porridge and jam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lettie cook the narrator for breakfast in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 7, what flowers can the narrator see as he watches his father and Ursula walk around the gardens?
3. In the bottle of coins the gardener finds in the garden, what is the latest date on the coins?
4. What does the narrator put on his foot after removing the worm?
5. In Chapter 6, where does the narrator’s mother get a job?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)