|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is the third color Lettie wants to find?
2. How does the narrator stop the light from hitting the hole in his foot in Chapter 5?
(a) He uses the forefinger of his left hand.
(b) He uses a bandage.
(c) He uses the thumb of his right hand.
(d) He uses a box.
3. In Chapter 2, what color is the washbasin in the narrator’s room?
4. How far does the narrator pull out the worm from his foot before it resists?
(a) About 2 inches.
(b) ½ an inch.
(c) About an inch.
(d) ¼ of an inch.
5. What is served for dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Roast chicken.
(d) Roast beef.
6. What does Ellen Henderson send the narrator on his birthday in Chapter 3?
(b) A book.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A bandana.
7. What does the narrator put on his foot after removing the worm?
(a) Anti-bacterial cream.
(b) Sticking plaster.
(c) An elastic bandage.
(d) A Bandaid.
8. What is Lettie’s ocean implied to actually be?
(a) A watering trough.
(b) A bathtub.
(c) A river.
(d) A duck pond.
9. Where does Ellen Henderson live?
(a) A house boat.
(b) A camper van.
10. What does Lettie give the narrator to eat in Chapter 2?
(b) Porridge and jam.
(c) Oatmeal and cream.
11. What presents does the narrator receive for his seventh birthday?
(a) Batman figure and Narnia books.
(b) Superman figure and Wizard of Oz books.
12. In Chapter 3, how much does the narrator win in the Premium Bonds?
(a) 25 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
13. What color suit does the narrator wear in the Prologue?
14. In Chapter 6, where does the narrator’s mother get a job?
(a) Eagle Vision.
(b) Third Avenue Eye Care.
(c) Dicksons Opticians.
(d) Jensen Optometrists.
15. What color bathtub is in the narrator’s house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
2. What color is the bridge that Lettie and the narrator cross after the binding in Chapter 4?
3. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
4. What had the narrator once dug out of his knee with a penknife?
5. How did the narrator get the pink scar that is on the heel of his foot?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)