|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is the weather like when the narrator awakens?
(a) Sunny and warm.
(d) Cold and cloudy.
2. What does Lettie give the narrator to eat in Chapter 2?
(b) Oatmeal and cream.
(c) Porridge and jam.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Ursula threaten to do if the narrator tries to leave the property?
(a) Starve him.
(b) Whip him.
(c) Lock him in his room.
(d) Feed him bugs.
4. In Chapter 2, what room is the narrator’s bedroom over?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) The television room.
5. What color dress is Lettie wearing in Chapter 3?
6. What color bathtub is in the narrator’s house?
7. What had the narrator once dug out of his knee with a penknife?
(a) A toothpick.
(c) A splinter.
(d) A wart.
8. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
9. What animal is seen by the narrator and Lettie as they feel the storm in Chapter 4?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A manta wolf.
(d) A panther.
10. In Chapter 2, what color is the washbasin in the narrator’s room?
11. How old was the narrator when he claims that he could have been called a monster?
12. What does Old Mrs. Hempstock say happened to the really old country?
(a) It blew up.
(b) It was under a volcano.
(c) It was destroyed by a hurricane.
(d) It sank.
13. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
14. How does the narrator get rid of the worm he has pulled from his foot?
(a) He puts it down the tub drain.
(b) He throws it out the window.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He puts it into a garbage sack.
15. How old was the narrator when he lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills the fish in Lettie’s ocean in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 7, where does the narrator go to pray that Ursula has tired of her little game?
3. How old is the narrator when he goes to Madame Tussauds wax museum?
4. What color is the worm that the narrator pulls out of his foot?
5. What types of trees line the side of the meadow at the Hempstock farm?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)