|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what room is the narrator’s bedroom over?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The television room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
2. What type of vehicle does the narrator’s father get in Chapter 3?
(a) Range Rover.
3. In Chapter 7, where does the narrator go to pray that Ursula has tired of her little game?
(a) His laboratory.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) His parents’ room.
4. What color is the worm that the narrator pulls out of his foot?
(c) White and black.
(d) Pink and gray.
5. In Chapter 2, what color blanket is described in the back seat of the narrator’s father’s car?
6. What color skirt is Lettie wearing when the narrator first meets her?
7. Once the narrator becomes an adult, who tells him that he had been a monster when he was a child?
(a) His aunts.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
8. What does the narrator read before he goes to sleep in Chapter 5?
(a) An Encyclopedia Brown book.
(b) A Secret Seven mystery.
(c) A Hardy Boys mystery.
(d) The Boxcar Children.
9. What color suit does the narrator wear in the Prologue?
10. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 4 years.
11. What does Lettie give the narrator to eat in Chapter 2?
(a) Oatmeal and cream.
(d) Porridge and jam.
12. What color are the walls in the narrator’s parents’ bedroom?
13. What presents does the narrator receive for his seventh birthday?
(b) Batman figure and Narnia books.
(c) Superman figure and Wizard of Oz books.
14. How old was the narrator when he claims that he could have been called a monster?
15. In Chapter 2, what color is the washbasin in the narrator’s room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dog does the secretary who works for the narrator’s father have?
2. What is on the birthday cake for the narrator’s seventh birthday?
3. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 4, what is the third color Lettie wants to find?
5. What color shirt is the narrator’s father wearing in Chapter 7?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)