|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator put on his foot after removing the worm?
(a) An elastic bandage.
(b) A Bandaid.
(c) Sticking plaster.
(d) Anti-bacterial cream.
2. What kills the fish in Lettie’s ocean in Chapter 2?
(a) A penny.
(b) A sixpence coin.
(c) A marble.
(d) A half penny.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the narrator have caught in his throat?
(b) A coin.
(c) A bone.
(d) An apple.
4. What color dress is Lettie wearing in Chapter 3?
5. What color bathtub is in the narrator’s house?
6. What is the name of the cat that turns up at Hempstock Farm in pagan days?
(a) Big Oliver.
(c) Big Tom.
7. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
8. In Chapter 5, how long does the narrator let the water run to get it steaming?
(a) 3-4 minutes.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 4-5 minutes.
(d) 6 minutes.
9. In Chapter 2, what color is the washbasin in the narrator’s room?
10. To what tune does Lettie begin to bind the creature that she and the narrator encounter in Chapter 4?
(a) “Bushel and a Peck.”
(b) “If I Had a Hammer.”
(c) “All the Pretty Little Horses.”
(d) "Girls and Boys Come Out to Play."
11. What presents does the narrator receive for his seventh birthday?
(c) Superman figure and Wizard of Oz books.
(d) Batman figure and Narnia books.
12. What does Ellen Henderson send the narrator on his birthday in Chapter 3?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A bandana.
(d) A book.
13. In Chapter 7, what is the weather like when the narrator awakens?
(b) Sunny and warm.
(c) Cold and cloudy.
14. How does the narrator get rid of the worm he has pulled from his foot?
(a) He throws it out the window.
(b) He buries it.
(c) He puts it down the tub drain.
(d) He puts it into a garbage sack.
15. What is the setting of the story that the narrator reads after his father and Ursula come in from the gardens in Chapter 7?
(a) Canary Islands.
(d) Channel Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color suit does the narrator wear in the Prologue?
2. How high does the narrator count until he tries to pull the worm out of his foot?
3. In the bottle of coins the gardener finds in the garden, what is the latest date on the coins?
4. What types of flowers does Old Mrs. Hempstock bring into her house in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 6, where does the narrator’s mother get a job?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)