|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Hempstocks serve the narrator for dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) Beef pot pie with vegetables.
(b) Chicken, bread, and greens.
(c) Chicken pot pie with vegetables.
(d) Beef, potatoes, greens, and carrots.
2. In Chapter 6, where does the narrator’s mother get a job?
(a) Third Avenue Eye Care.
(b) Dicksons Opticians.
(c) Eagle Vision.
(d) Jensen Optometrists.
3. What did the flea that came through in Cromwell’s day do to people?
(a) It made them murderous.
(b) It made them embarrassed.
(c) It made them lonely.
(d) It made them frightened.
4. What color pajamas is the narrator wearing in Chapter 8?
5. At the end of Chapter 12, how many times does the narrator sing a song completely through?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cat that turns up at Hempstock Farm in pagan days?
2. How far does the narrator pull out the worm from his foot before it resists?
3. In the Prologue, how long has it been since the narrator’s marriage failed?
4. How old was the narrator when he lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
5. What does the narrator call the things that devour Ursula?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)