|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
2. What types of flowers does Old Mrs. Hempstock bring into her house in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 7, what colors is Ursula wearing?
(a) Pink and gray.
(b) Pink and blue.
(c) Black and gray.
(d) Red and white.
4. Why do the cleaners refuse to leave?
(a) Lettie doesn’t have enough power to make them go back.
(b) There is still a bit of Ursula in the narrator.
(c) They are still hungry.
(d) They like earth.
5. From where does Lettie seem to come in Chapter 12 as the narrator waits in the fairy ring?
(a) The laboratory.
(b) Under the beech tree.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Among the rhododendrons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Hempstocks came from the old country and brought the farm, what did Gran call the things that were brought with it?
2. In Chapter 6, where does the narrator go to read a book after his mother tells him about the new housekeeper?
3. Where had Callie Anders lived?
4. What color is the car the narrator’s father gets in Chapter 3?
5. What had the narrator once dug out of his knee with a penknife?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)