|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
(a) 35 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 25 years ago.
(d) 30 years ago.
2. Where does the narrator meet Lettie in Chapter 3?
(a) At her house.
(b) At the bottom of his driveway.
(c) At the beginning of the lane.
(d) At school.
3. How does the narrator get hurt when Ursula crumples to the ground?
(a) He twists his ankle.
(b) He skins his knees and the palms of his hands.
(c) He bumps his head.
(d) He bumps his nose.
4. In Chapter 9, where does the narrator take a bath?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In a spare bedroom.
(d) In the bathroom.
5. In Chapter 7, from where does the narrator watch as his father shows Ursula around the gardens?
(a) From under the back porch.
(b) From his laboratory.
(c) From the beech tree.
(d) From the hedgerow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is old Mrs. Hempstock doing when the narrator comes to her house in Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of the cat that turns up at Hempstock Farm in pagan days?
3. What is the silly pet name that the narrator’s father had for him when he was a baby?
4. In Chapter 9, what is Lettie’s mother doing when the narrator arrives at the house?
5. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)