|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Hempstocks came from the old country and brought the farm, what did Gran call the things that were brought with it?
2. What is the name of the Hempstock’s cow that seems to be going lame in Chapter 9?
3. What color is the roof of the narrator’s house?
4. How did the narrator get the pink scar that is on the heel of his foot?
(a) He stepped on broken glass.
(b) He stepped on a sharp branch.
(c) He stepped on barbed wire.
(d) He stepped on a nail.
5. In Chapter 9, what is Lettie’s mother doing when the narrator arrives at the house?
(a) Knitting a scarf.
(b) Milking the cow.
(c) Preparing food.
(d) Stirring logs in the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high does the narrator count until he tries to pull the worm out of his foot?
2. In the Prologue, how long has it been since the narrator’s marriage failed?
3. What color is the narrator’s toothbrush?
4. What do the Hempstocks serve the narrator for dinner in Chapter 9?
5. What is on the birthday cake for the narrator’s seventh birthday?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)