|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the narrator when he claims that he could have been called a monster?
2. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
(b) A couple hundred.
(d) A thousand.
3. Where does the narrator meet Lettie in Chapter 3?
(a) At the bottom of his driveway.
(b) At the beginning of the lane.
(c) At her house.
(d) At school.
4. In the Prologue, how long has it been since the narrator’s marriage failed?
(a) A fortnight ago.
(b) 15 years ago.
(c) A decade ago.
(d) 5 years ago.
5. What does the narrator read before he goes to sleep in Chapter 5?
(a) An Encyclopedia Brown book.
(b) The Boxcar Children.
(c) A Secret Seven mystery.
(d) A Hardy Boys mystery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle does the narrator’s father get in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 6, where does the narrator go to read a book after his mother tells him about the new housekeeper?
3. What kills the fish in Lettie’s ocean in Chapter 2?
4. How did the narrator get the pink scar that is on the heel of his foot?
5. To what tune does Lettie begin to bind the creature that she and the narrator encounter in Chapter 4?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)