|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is the second color Lettie wants to find?
2. Around what time of day does the man commit suicide in the narrator’s father’s car?
(a) 3 a.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
3. What is the name of the cat that turns up at Hempstock Farm in pagan days?
(b) Big Tom.
(d) Big Oliver.
4. In Chapter 4, what does the narrator see beneath the milk-churn table?
(a) White and yellow daisies.
(b) A bluebell.
(c) Golden dandelions.
5. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
(a) 35 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) 25 years ago.
(d) 30 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, how long has it been since the narrator’s marriage failed?
2. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
3. What types of trees line the side of the meadow at the Hempstock farm?
4. What color is the bridge that Lettie and the narrator cross after the binding in Chapter 4?
5. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)