|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
(b) A thousand.
(c) A couple hundred.
2. What color is Lettie looking for in Chapter 4?
3. Where does the narrator feel pain when he catches the writhing mass of cobwebs and rotting cloth in Chapter 4?
(a) His leg.
(b) His face.
(c) His arm.
(d) His foot.
4. In Chapter 2, what color blanket is described in the back seat of the narrator’s father’s car?
5. What types of flowers does Old Mrs. Hempstock bring into her house in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cat the opal miner gives to the narrator?
2. In Chapter 2, how many beds are described in the narrator’s sister’s room?
3. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
4. What is the name of the Hempstocks' cow?
5. What is the name of the cat that turns up at Hempstock Farm in pagan days?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)