|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does the narrator see beneath the milk-churn table?
(b) Golden dandelions.
(c) A bluebell.
(d) White and yellow daisies.
2. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
3. What color dress is Lettie wearing in Chapter 3?
4. To what tune does Lettie begin to bind the creature that she and the narrator encounter in Chapter 4?
(a) “If I Had a Hammer.”
(b) “All the Pretty Little Horses.”
(c) "Girls and Boys Come Out to Play."
(d) “Bushel and a Peck.”
5. What is the name of the cat the opal miner gives to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
2. When the Hempstocks came from the old country and brought the farm, what did Gran call the things that were brought with it?
3. What color is Lettie looking for in Chapter 4?
4. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
5. What does Old Mrs. Hempstock say happened to the really old country?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)