|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the narrator when he lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
2. What is the name of the cat that turns up at Hempstock Farm in pagan days?
(c) Big Tom.
(d) Big Oliver.
3. In Chapter 2, how many weeks of vacation from school does the narrator get?
4. What color is Lettie looking for in Chapter 4?
5. What does Ellen Henderson send the narrator on his birthday in Chapter 3?
(a) A book.
(b) A bandana.
(d) A handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the birthday cake for the narrator’s seventh birthday?
2. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
3. In Chapter 2, how many beds are described in the narrator’s sister’s room?
4. What color is the bridge that Lettie and the narrator cross after the binding in Chapter 4?
5. What kills the fish in Lettie’s ocean in Chapter 2?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)