|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the narrator wakes in Chapter 10, who helps him find his way downstairs?
(b) The kitten.
(c) Old Mrs. Hempstock.
2. In the bottle of coins the gardener finds in the garden, what is the latest date on the coins?
3. What color is the roof of the narrator’s house?
4. In Chapter 9, what is Lettie’s mother doing when the narrator arrives at the house?
(a) Preparing food.
(b) Milking the cow.
(c) Stirring logs in the fireplace.
(d) Knitting a scarf.
5. How many times does the narrator say he had seen grownups cry in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator singing when he sees Ursula outside the circle in Chapter 12?
2. What does the narrator have for dessert at the Hempstocks' in Chapter 9?
3. What types of flowers does Old Mrs. Hempstock bring into her house in Chapter 3?
4. What flavor is the tooth powder that the narrator uses in Chapter 10?
5. What color hair does Ursula have?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)