|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the creatures that devour Ursula land on the grass?
(c) They can’t be counted.
2. In Chapter 6, where does the narrator’s mother get a job?
(a) Third Avenue Eye Care.
(b) Eagle Vision.
(c) Jensen Optometrists.
(d) Dicksons Opticians.
3. About how far is the narrator’s home from the Hempstock farm?
(a) 1 1/2 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) A mile or so.
4. What is the setting of the story that the narrator reads after his father and Ursula come in from the gardens in Chapter 7?
(a) Canary Islands.
(d) Channel Islands.
5. How far does the narrator pull out the worm from his foot before it resists?
(a) About 2 inches.
(b) ½ an inch.
(c) ¼ of an inch.
(d) About an inch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color cat comes into the Hempstock kitchen in Chapter 13?
2. What is the narrator’s laboratory in actuality?
3. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Ellen Henderson live?
5. What color is the bridge that Lettie and the narrator cross after the binding in Chapter 4?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)