|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet Lettie in Chapter 3?
(a) At her house.
(b) At school.
(c) At the bottom of his driveway.
(d) At the beginning of the lane.
2. Where does the narrator feel pain when he catches the writhing mass of cobwebs and rotting cloth in Chapter 4?
(a) His face.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His foot.
3. How does the narrator stop the light from hitting the hole in his foot in Chapter 5?
(a) He uses a bandage.
(b) He uses the thumb of his right hand.
(c) He uses a box.
(d) He uses the forefinger of his left hand.
4. What animal is seen by the narrator and Lettie as they feel the storm in Chapter 4?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A panther.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A manta wolf.
5. How far does the narrator pull out the worm from his foot before it resists?
(a) ½ an inch.
(b) About 2 inches.
(c) About an inch.
(d) ¼ of an inch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
2. Where had Callie Anders lived?
3. What does Old Mrs. Hempstock say happened to the really old country?
4. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
5. What color is Lettie looking for in Chapter 4?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)