|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Mrs. Hempstock say happened to the really old country?
(a) It was under a volcano.
(b) It was destroyed by a hurricane.
(c) It sank.
(d) It blew up.
2. In the Prologue, how long has it been since the narrator’s marriage failed?
(a) A fortnight ago.
(b) 5 years ago.
(c) A decade ago.
(d) 15 years ago.
3. What does the narrator put on his foot after removing the worm?
(a) A Bandaid.
(b) Anti-bacterial cream.
(c) Sticking plaster.
(d) An elastic bandage.
4. What color skirt is Lettie wearing when the narrator first meets her?
5. In Chapter 2, how many weeks of vacation from school does the narrator get?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
2. In Chapter 2, what color blanket is described in the back seat of the narrator’s father’s car?
3. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 4, what is the third color Lettie wants to find?
5. What does Ellen Henderson send the narrator on his birthday in Chapter 3?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)