|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. What is the name of the cat the opal miner gives to the narrator?
3. What does Old Mrs. Hempstock say happened to the really old country?
(a) It was destroyed by a hurricane.
(b) It blew up.
(c) It sank.
(d) It was under a volcano.
4. What color bathtub is in the narrator’s house?
5. What types of trees line the side of the meadow at the Hempstock farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is the third color Lettie wants to find?
2. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
3. Where does the narrator meet Lettie in Chapter 3?
4. What does Lettie cook the narrator for breakfast in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 3, how much does the narrator win in the Premium Bonds?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)