|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the narrator once dug out of his knee with a penknife?
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A wart.
(d) A splinter.
2. Where does the narrator go the morning after his confrontation with Ursula in Chapter 7?
(a) To the front porch.
(b) To his laboratory.
(c) To the beech tree.
(d) To the garden.
3. How many strokes does the narrator’s sister brush her hair every night?
4. In Chapter 9, what is Lettie’s mother doing when the narrator arrives at the house?
(a) Preparing food.
(b) Milking the cow.
(c) Stirring logs in the fireplace.
(d) Knitting a scarf.
5. In Chapter 7, what colors is Ursula wearing?
(a) Red and white.
(b) Pink and gray.
(c) Black and gray.
(d) Pink and blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Ursula threaten to do if the narrator tries to leave the property?
2. Around what time of day does the man commit suicide in the narrator’s father’s car?
3. What color is the narrator’s toothbrush?
4. Where is the opal miner said to be from?
5. In Chapter 9, what color thread does Granny use when she is snipping and sewing?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)