|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator feel pain when he catches the writhing mass of cobwebs and rotting cloth in Chapter 4?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His face.
(d) His leg.
2. To what tune does Lettie begin to bind the creature that she and the narrator encounter in Chapter 4?
(a) "Girls and Boys Come Out to Play."
(b) “Bushel and a Peck.”
(c) “All the Pretty Little Horses.”
(d) “If I Had a Hammer.”
3. What animal is seen by the narrator and Lettie as they feel the storm in Chapter 4?
(a) A panther.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A manta wolf.
(d) A cougar.
4. Where does the narrator go the morning after his confrontation with Ursula in Chapter 7?
(a) To the beech tree.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) To the garden.
(d) To his laboratory.
5. In Chapter 4, what is the third color Lettie wants to find?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pieces of gray cloth settle to the earth after Lettie completes the binding in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the Hempstocks' cow?
3. What does the narrator drink while taking a bath in Chapter 9?
4. What is the setting of the story that the narrator reads after his father and Ursula come in from the gardens in Chapter 7?
5. Where is the opal miner said to be from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)