|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator feel pain when he catches the writhing mass of cobwebs and rotting cloth in Chapter 4?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His foot.
(d) His face.
2. Who is the first person that the narrator sees when he is standing in the circle in Chapter 12?
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The opal miner.
(d) His grandfather.
3. In Chapter 8, what does the narrator use to dry himself off?
(a) A comforter.
(b) The bed counterpane.
(c) Dirty clothes.
4. To what tune does Lettie begin to bind the creature that she and the narrator encounter in Chapter 4?
(a) “If I Had a Hammer.”
(b) “Bushel and a Peck.”
(c) “All the Pretty Little Horses.”
(d) "Girls and Boys Come Out to Play."
5. What type of vehicle drives past as the narrator runs toward the Hempstock Farm in Chapter 8?
(a) A white van.
(b) A yellow lorry.
(c) A red Rover.
(d) A black mini.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose clothing does the narrator borrow in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 8, what does the narrator touch just as Ursula is about to descend upon him?
3. What have the cleaners promised Ursula in Chapter 12?
4. What color is the sky when the narrator thinks they’ve crossed the boundaries of the Hempstock farm in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 4, what is the third color Lettie wants to find?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)