Prologue and Chapter 1
1. What is Lettie’s ocean implied to actually be?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A duck pond.
(c) A river.
(d) A watering trough.
2. What does Old Mrs. Hempstock say happened to the really old country?
(a) It was destroyed by a hurricane.
(b) It was under a volcano.
(c) It sank.
(d) It blew up.
3. What color suit does the narrator wear in the Prologue?
4. How long had the narrator lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. How old was the narrator when he lived in the old house that had been knocked down?
6. In the Prologue, how long ago had the new house been sold?
(a) 35 years ago.
(b) 25 years ago.
(c) 20 years ago.
(d) 30 years ago.
7. In the Prologue, how long has it been since the narrator’s marriage failed?
(a) 5 years ago.
(b) A decade ago.
(c) 15 years ago.
(d) A fortnight ago.
This section contains 3,972 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)