|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What port does the Surprise reach?
2. What does the crew want to name their new passengers?
(a) Charity and Hope.
(b) Thursday and Behemoth.
(c) Faith and Hope.
(d) Faith and Charity.
3. Who is Lieutenant Jean-Pierrre Dumesnil?
(a) The commander of the French man-o-war.
(b) An acquaintance of Aubrey's.
(c) A double agent and friend of Maturin.
(d) The commander of the Triton.
4. What does Aubrey think of the Surprise?
(a) It seems small now.
(b) It needs more carronades.
(c) It has been kept immaculate.
(d) It is malodorous.
5. What does the landing party find?
(a) Hundreds of native corpses.
(b) Only about forty natives.
(c) A pirate's nest.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Martin and Maturin exchange over the next few weeks?
2. What is the advantage of the French armament?
3. What do they find when they enter the harbor?
4. Upon what sort of variables is Aubrey's plan contingent?
5. What does the Cornélie's captain realize?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)