|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Surprise head for Sweeting's Island?
(a) To get wood for a new mast.
(b) To get hardwoods to repair the ship's railings.
(c) To go into dry dock to repair a hole in the beam.
(d) To get fruit to fight scurvy among the crew.
2. Who does Maturin offend?
(a) No one.
(b) Governor Greeves.
(c) Captain Connor.
(d) Captain Lowe.
3. Why are Maturin and Martin combing the island despite the illness?
(a) They are immune as they've had it before.
(b) They stay far enough away from the town.
(c) They believe the pathogen has died out.
(d) It is essential to get the crew some fruit.
4. When must Aubrey reach his destination?
(a) Before Cornélie enters the passage.
(b) Before daybreak.
(c) Within the first couple hours of darkness.
(d) By midnight.
5. What port does the Surprise reach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Triton and the American prizes?
2. What does Maturin think poverty may affect?
3. Who is Lieutenant Jean-Pierrre Dumesnil?
4. What does Cornélie do in response to Nutmeg's heading out to sea?
5. What does Aubrey realize as he sights land that evening?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)