|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do for entertainment?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Play craps.
(c) Play whist.
(d) Play cricket.
2. Who is inspecting the articles in the camp?
(a) Padeen Colman.
(d) John Paulton.
3. What effect does the method Aubrey uses to arm his ship have?
(a) It enables more men in the rigging to pick off boarding parties.
(b) It covers both short and long-range possibilites.
(c) It makes the ship lighter and therefore faster.
(d) It has a heavy punch up close but no long-range accuracy.
4. For what is Grimshaw and Killick known?
(a) Their sword fighting ability.
5. What do the attackers do as they retreat?
(a) Bow to the English sailors.
(b) Kill their wounded.
(c) Burn the schooner.
(d) Drag several sailors with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Fox behaved?
2. Why does Maturin deliver the treaty?
3. What does Maturin find when he goes to gather the nests?
4. What does Maturin do to supplement the food supply?
5. To whom does Maturin give bribes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maturin help the effort to catch the Cornélie?
2. Where does Aubrey take his passenger after Pulo Prabang?
3. Describe the fight between the Dyaks and the English sailors.
4. Where does Li Po take the men and what important information Maturin gain along the on the trip?
5. Who is John Paulton and what is he like?
6. About what does Aubrey brood and what are his thoughts about the topic?
7. How does Maturin spend much of his time, and what do the men do besides working on the boat?
8. How do the English lose hope even though they repulsed the Dyak attack?
9. When will the schooner be completed, and what will the men do once it is built?
10. Upon what factors does Aubrey's plan hinge?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)