|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what did the ship wreck?
(a) A submerged reef.
(b) A submerged vessel that wrecked earlier.
(c) An iceberg.
2. Whose nests does Maturin find?
(c) Sea Eagles.
3. To whom does Maturin deliver the treaty?
(a) The chief of the Dyaks.
(b) The Governor of Tahiti.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Admiral of the Eastern fleet.
4. What is one thing that interests Kesegaran about the camp?
(a) The books.
(b) The women.
(c) The tools.
(d) The cannons.
5. What does Maturin send to a Chinese junk?
(a) A child with a message.
(b) A peace offering.
(c) A present.
(d) A stack of nests.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Aubrey arm the Nutmeg of Consolation?
2. What is the name of their ship that wrecked?
3. What does much of Chapter 3 offer?
4. Where is the unnamed island?
5. To whom does the Chinese junk have to pay tribute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interests Kesegaran in the sailors' camp and why are the sailors interested in her?
2. How do Maturin and Martin renew their acquaintance and what is Aubrey's response?
3. How does Aubrey choose to arm his vessel and what is the advantage and disadvantage of doing so?
4. What happens to Maturin's fortune?
5. How does Aubrey gain a vessel to replace the Diane?
6. Who does the Nutmeg of Consolation encounter and what do they learn?
7. What does Cornélie do in response to the Nutmeg of Consolation fleeing the harbour?
8. Why is Aubrey and his crew marooned?
9. In what condition does Aubrey find the Surprise?
10. Where does Li Po take the men and what important information Maturin gain along the on the trip?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)