|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fox's clerk?
2. Why does Maturin collapse?
(a) He swam too fast getting away from a shark.
(b) He has contracted a tropical fever.
(c) He drinks bad whiskey.
(d) He ran too far in the hot sun.
3. For what are the nests good?
(a) Medicinal purposes.
(b) For starting fires quickly.
(c) Use in cooking birds' nest soup.
(d) For constructing strong ropes.
4. What does Maturin do to supplement the food supply?
(a) Capture wild goats to milk.
(b) Hunt wild pigs.
(c) Gather roots and berries.
5. Whose nests does Maturin find?
(b) Sea Eagles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the effect of the aftermath of the attack?
2. Why do the sailors find Kesegaran interesting?
3. Why does Maturin deliver the treaty?
4. Approximately how many men are marooned on an unnamed island?
5. What effect does the method Aubrey uses to arm his ship have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What else is Maturin doing while in port besides his nature study?
2. How do Maturin and Martin renew their acquaintance and what is Aubrey's response?
3. In what condition does Aubrey find the Surprise?
4. Why is the situation not as precarious as it could be for the marooned men?
5. Describe the fight between the Dyaks and the English sailors.
6. Upon what factors does Aubrey's plan hinge?
7. How does the dinner for officers fare that Aubrey hosts?
8. Why is Aubrey and his crew marooned?
9. What happens to Maturin's fortune?
10. How does Aubrey plan for an attack on Cornélie?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)