|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were left by their previous ship for various offenses?
(a) Jones and Bredford.
(b) Miller and Oakes.
(c) Pullings and Martin.
(d) Grimshaw and Killick.
2. Who does Aubrey's ship transport?
(a) Sir Edumund Hexley.
(b) Sir Joseph Wexler.
(c) Edward Fox.
(d) John Duncan.
3. For what are the nests good?
(a) For constructing strong ropes.
(b) Medicinal purposes.
(c) For starting fires quickly.
(d) Use in cooking birds' nest soup.
4. What do the men do for entertainment?
(a) Play cricket.
(b) Play whist.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Play craps.
5. To whom does the Chinese junk have to pay tribute?
(b) The Dutch.
(c) No one.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maturin collapse?
2. What does Aubrey do to Miller and Oakes?
3. What does much of Chapter 3 offer?
4. What does the captain of the force who assaults Aubrey's camp wear?
5. What passes through the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is William Grimshaw and how does he help provide comic relief on board?
2. Why is Surprise spending so much time in port?
3. Where does Maturin find Padeen Colman and what does Maturin do?
4. What has been Aubrey's chief concern and why?
5. What good news does Maturin receive from Sir Joseph Blaine?
6. What favor does Raffles' wife ask of Aubrey and what is his response?
7. How does Aubrey gain a vessel to replace the Diane?
8. What does Maturin say is wrong and what does he do?
9. What does Maturin do with the girls?
10. About what does Aubrey brood and what are his thoughts about the topic?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)