|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maturin spy one morning when he wakes up?
(a) What he thinks is an angel.
(b) A Dyak woman.
(c) A pirate.
(d) A French privateer approaching the bay.
2. Who organizes the shipwrecked men's camp?
3. For what purpose are the bribes?
(a) To assure that the harbormaster will give the Chinese safe passage.
(b) To delay Cornélie's refitting and resupply.
(c) He does not give any bribes.
(d) To get Matruin aboard the Cornélie for a trip back to England.
4. How had Fox behaved?
(a) Increasingly irrational and haughty.
5. What does Maturin do to supplement the food supply?
(a) Capture wild goats to milk.
(b) Hunt wild pigs.
(c) Gather roots and berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Nutmeg of Consolation readied for sea in haste?
2. To whom does the Chinese junk have to pay tribute?
3. What does Maturin play up?
4. Where is Aubrey when Maturin awakes from his illness?
5. What does Maturin hope the Cornélie will be without?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)