|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the captain of the force who assaults Aubrey's camp wear?
(a) A green head cloth.
(b) A gold three-tiered necklace.
(c) An English officer's uniform.
(d) A green loin cloth.
2. Who does Maturin spy one morning when he wakes up?
(a) A pirate.
(b) What he thinks is an angel.
(c) A French privateer approaching the bay.
(d) A Dyak woman.
3. Why are the sailors able to salvage much of the ship's contents?
(a) They are unable to salvage anything.
(b) It washes up on shore almost intact.
(c) The lifeboats were larger than average.
(d) It took a long time to sink.
4. What are his carpenters and seamen begun building?
(a) Huts for shelter.
(b) A way to haul the ship up off the ocean floor.
(c) A new hull to patch the ship.
(d) A schooner.
5. Why does Maturin collapse?
(a) He has contracted a tropical fever.
(b) He ran too far in the hot sun.
(c) He drinks bad whiskey.
(d) He swam too fast getting away from a shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aubrey when Maturin awakes from his illness?
2. What does Maturin play up?
3. Where is the unnamed island?
4. Whose nests does Maturin find?
5. To where does Kesegaran agree to carry a message?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)