|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aubrey admire about the Captain of the Marines?
(a) His ability at whist.
(b) His efficiency and devotion to duty.
(c) His droll sense of humor.
(d) His physique.
2. About what does Maturin discuss with Aubrey?
(a) Whether the men should split into several camps for security.
(b) Whether his message is actually delivered by Kesegaran.
(c) When the HMS Justice will start missing them.
(d) If the French privateer is likely to return.
3. How does Kesegaran get to the island?
(a) In a proa.
(b) She lives there.
(c) The slaver ship she was on wrecks.
(d) On a French privateer.
4. What are his carpenters and seamen begun building?
(a) Huts for shelter.
(b) A new hull to patch the ship.
(c) A schooner.
(d) A way to haul the ship up off the ocean floor.
5. How far do they figure they will have to sail to find assistance?
(a) About 60 miles to the East African coast.
(b) Almost to the European continent.
(c) About 80 miles to India.
(d) About 200 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that interests Kesegaran about the camp?
2. Who does Maturin spy one morning when he wakes up?
3. What does the Captain of Marines have his men construct?
4. What suddenly lands on the beach?
5. What does Maturin send to a Chinese junk?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)