Chapters 1 and 2
1. Approximately how many men are marooned on an unnamed island?
2. Where is the unnamed island?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) Near Cape Horn.
(c) In the Indian Ocean.
(d) In the Atlantic Ocean.
3. What is the name of their ship that wrecked?
(a) HMS Shannon.
(b) HMS Diane.
(c) HMS Leopard.
(d) HMS Surprise.
4. Upon what did the ship wreck?
(b) An iceberg.
(c) A submerged vessel that wrecked earlier.
(d) A submerged reef.
5. Why are the sailors able to salvage much of the ship's contents?
(a) They are unable to salvage anything.
(b) It washes up on shore almost intact.
(c) It took a long time to sink.
(d) The lifeboats were larger than average.
6. Who organizes the shipwrecked men's camp?
7. What does the Captain of Marines have his men construct?
(a) A gallows for several mutineers.
(b) Defensive breastworks around the camp.
(c) A system of pipes to bring fresh water to the camp.
(d) A means of desalting the sea water.
This section contains 4,656 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)