|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah like to do in the morning?
2. In "Swans and Storms," after the rainstorm, how do Allie and Noah pass the rest of the day?
3. What does Allie say she remembers most about the summer she and Noah spent together when they were younger?
4. What does Allie's mother tell Allie she should think about in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
5. In "A Letter from Yesterday," how long has it been since Allie first saw the newspaper article about Noah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Noah take Allie to on their canoe ride?
2. What is apparent from Allie's appearance when she reaches the inn?
3. What did Noah miss most when he lived up north?
4. What does Allie wonder about Lon's passion for his work?
5. What does Noah think as he watches Allie's mother leave his house?
6. How did Allie's mother know she would be with Noah?
7. What does Noah like to do with his mornings in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
8. What does Noah tell Allie in hopes of convincing her to stay with him, instead of going back to Lon?
9. What does Noah tell Allie he remembers most from their summer together?
10. Who does Allie see on the drive back to the inn that reminds her of Noah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of miracles in relation to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Allie is faced with an important choice when she must choose between Lon and Noah. Discuss this choice, along with the other choices that the protagonists have to make, and how these choices affect them.
Essay Topic 3
The motif of the passing of time is explored in the novel. Discuss how Sparks plays with the concept of time and how time affects the protagonists and their relationship together.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)