|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Allie's dream for her life when she first met Noah?
2. Who does Noah have a relationship with in New Jersey?
3. What does Allie think poetry is written for?
4. What do Allie's friends think of Lon?
5. What instrument does Gus play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Allie take up painting professionally?
2. What changes does Allie see in Noah when they reunite after fourteen years?
3. What property did Noah acquire in order to protect it?
4. What did Noah think of Allie when he first met her?
5. How did Allie deal with the pain of missing Noah after they separated in the past?
6. How did Noah come to adopt Clem?
7. In what way is New Bern "haunted" for Noah?
8. What did Allie's mother tell her when she realized the relationship between Allie and Noah was getting serious?
9. Describe Noah's one and only attempt to find Allie.
10. How does Lon find success as a lawyer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Notebook is an example of a romance novel. Discuss the elements of this genre and why The Notebook is an example.
Essay Topic 2
Conflict is used to convey suspense and emotion. Discuss conflict in the novel The Notebook.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the writing style of The Notebook. Discuss Sparks's use of imagery, metaphors, and symbolism, as well as the tone and mood of the novel.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)