|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression does Noah use to describe Allie to others?
2. What does Noah's father say would keep him sane during his military tour?
3. Where does Allie meet Lon?
4. What does Allie think poetry is written for?
5. What was Fin's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Allie see in Noah when they reunite after fourteen years?
2. What did Allie's parents think of Noah?
3. What did Allie's mother tell her when she realized the relationship between Allie and Noah was getting serious?
4. What does Noah buy with his inheritance from Morris Goldman?
5. How does Allie excuse her mother's interception of Noah's letters?
6. Describe Noah's one and only attempt to find Allie.
7. Who is Noah best friend in New Bern in 1946?
8. How did Allie deal with the pain of missing Noah after they separated in the past?
9. How does Allie find out Noah was back in New Bern?
10. What does Noah say of the people who live at the nursing home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After reading The Notebook what is your opinion of the story? The characters? The writing style? The genre? What is your opinion of the conclusion of the novel? Are you satisfied with the ending?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of death in the novel. Noah is faced with death a number of times. How do these deaths affect him and his life? What purpose does death play in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is an antagonist and, who or what is the antagonist of the novel The Notebook? How does the antagonist affect the relationship of Noah and Allie? Is the antagonist successful in keeping them apart? Why or why not?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)