|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has intimidated many of the boys Allie has dated?
2. What is Lon's occupation?
3. What kind of man does Noah say he is?
4. What does Noah see in the colors and lines of Allie's painting in "Reunion"?
5. Where does Allie meet Lon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Noah's one and only attempt to find Allie.
2. What does Noah say of the people who live at the nursing home?
3. How does Lon find success as a lawyer?
4. How does Noah help Martha Shaw?
5. In what way is New Bern "haunted" for Noah?
6. What does Allie look for on Noah's dock in "Reunion"?
7. What did Allie's mother tell her when she realized the relationship between Allie and Noah was getting serious?
8. What changes does Allie see in Noah when they reunite after fourteen years?
9. How did Allie deal with the pain of missing Noah after they separated in the past?
10. Why did Noah decide to leave New Bern in the '30s, and where did he eventually settle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the writing style of The Notebook. Discuss Sparks's use of imagery, metaphors, and symbolism, as well as the tone and mood of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does The Notebook fit in with Sparks's other works? Is Sparks a respected novelist in his genre? What other novels has he written?
Essay Topic 3
Conflict is used to convey suspense and emotion. Discuss conflict in the novel The Notebook.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)