|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is approaching in Allie's life when she decides to visit Noah after fourteen years?
2. Who introduced Allie and Noah?
3. Who is Gus?
4. What does Noah's father say would keep him sane during his military tour?
5. What instrument does Noah play with Gus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the painting Allie had given Noah before they were separated.
2. What did Noah think of Allie when he first met her?
3. How did Noah come to adopt Clem?
4. What does Noah say of the people who live at the nursing home?
5. Describe Noah's one and only attempt to find Allie.
6. How does Lon find success as a lawyer?
7. What does Noah buy with his inheritance from Morris Goldman?
8. Who is Noah best friend in New Bern in 1946?
9. In what ways does Allie acknowledge her relationship with Lon is less than perfect?
10. What changes does Allie see in Noah when they reunite after fourteen years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Noah and Allie face a fourteen year separation. Discuss the reason for this separation, the effects of this separation, and how they feel about each other after being separated for so long.
Essay Topic 2
The climax of the novel is when Allie must choose between Lon and Noah. Discuss this section of the novel and what emotions it instills in the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role and significance of nature in the novel The Notebook.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)