|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Letter from Yesterday," how long has it been since Allie first saw the newspaper article about Noah?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
2. What does Noah say he remembers most about the summer he and Allie spent together when they were younger?
(a) Their last day together.
(b) The first time they kissed.
(c) When he told Allie that he loves her.
(d) All of it.
3. What is the one night a week Allie regularly sees Lon?
4. What do Allie and Noah prepare for lunch in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
5. In "Swans and Storms," after the rainstorm, how do Allie and Noah pass the rest of the day?
(a) Making love.
(b) Eating and laughing.
(d) Listening to the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Letter from Yesterday," what is written on the back of Noah's letter's envelope?
2. What does the judge think of Lon's request for the trial to be postponed?
3. In "A Letter from Yesterday," in Noah's letter, what does he say Allie taught him?
4. When they were younger, after their summer together, why didn't Allie send her letters to Noah?
5. What does Noah tell Allie she can't live her life for in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allie wonder about Lon's passion for his work?
2. What is apparent from Allie's appearance when she reaches the inn?
3. Why didn't Allie send Noah the letters she had written over the years?
4. What advice does Anne offer her daughter about deciding what she should do about Lon and Noah?
5. What does Allie note about New Bern as she walked around shopping downtown in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
6. What does Noah think as he watches Allie's mother leave his house?
7. After saying good-bye to Noah for the last time, what was Allie's drive back to the inn like?
8. What did Noah miss most when he lived up north?
9. Where does Noah take Allie to on their canoe ride?
10. What does Noah like to do with his mornings in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)