|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the painting in the gallery by Elayne appear to be inspired by?
(a) The solar system.
(b) The Orient.
(d) The Greek islands.
2. What does Allie sketch in her room before going to meet Noah?
(b) The ocean.
(d) A street scene.
3. In "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams," how long has it been since Allie last visited an art gallery?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
4. How does Noah describe Allie's mother?
(a) As a manipulative woman.
(b) As a strange woman.
(c) As an admirable woman.
(d) As a strong woman.
5. During the summer they met, what did Allie tell Noah that stopped him from talking to her for a while?
(a) That she wasn't sure if she liked him.
(b) That she had a boyfriend.
(c) That she is very rich.
(d) That she would be leaving New Bern soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Letter from Yesterday," in Noah's letter, what does he say Allie taught him?
2. When Noah stops to stare at Allie in "An Unexpected Visitor," what is the only thing she can think to do?
3. In "A Letter from Yesterday," how long has it been since Allie first saw the newspaper article about Noah?
4. What does Allie buy at the Hoffman-Lane department store in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
5. Who says, "You are the answer to every prayer I've offered"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Allie see on the drive back to the inn that reminds her of Noah?
2. Where does Noah take Allie to on their canoe ride?
3. What did Noah give Allie the last time they saw each other before their fourteen-year separation?
4. What does Noah like to do with his mornings in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
5. At what point does Allie decide whether she will stay with Lon or Noah?
6. What is apparent from Allie's appearance when she reaches the inn?
7. After saying good-bye to Noah for the last time, what was Allie's drive back to the inn like?
8. In "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams", what does Allie say her Wednesdays are usually like?
9. What does Noah think as he watches Allie's mother leave his house?
10. What does Allie wonder about Lon's passion for his work?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)