|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allie buy at the Hoffman-Lane department store in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
(a) A present for Noah.
(c) Art supplies.
(d) A veil for her wedding.
2. In "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams," how long has it been since Allie last visited an art gallery?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
3. In "An Unexpected Visitor," what does Noah say he can't live his life happily knowing?
(a) That Allie is with someone else.
(b) That Allie never loved him.
(c) That he never tried to win Allie back.
(d) That Allie is unhappy.
4. In "A Letter from Yesterday," at what moment does Allie decide which man she will choose?
(a) When Allie leaves Noah's house.
(b) When Allie sees Lon.
(c) When Allie parks her car at the inn.
(d) When Allie talks to her mother.
5. In "Swans and Storms," after the rainstorm, how do Allie and Noah pass the rest of the day?
(b) Making love.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Eating and laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Allie slept in at the beginning of "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
2. What does the judge think of Lon's request for the trial to be postponed?
3. What does Allie think she hears her mother whisper as she leaves Noah's house?
4. What is Allie's mother's name?
5. What does Allie know about her future with Lon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noah like to do with his mornings in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
2. What advice does Anne offer her daughter about deciding what she should do about Lon and Noah?
3. Who does Allie see on the drive back to the inn that reminds her of Noah?
4. What is apparent from Allie's appearance when she reaches the inn?
5. What kind of husband does Allie anticipate Lon will be?
6. What did Noah miss most when he lived up north?
7. What does Allie note about New Bern as she walked around shopping downtown in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
8. What does Allie realize about the painting she admires at the art gallery?
9. What did Noah give Allie the last time they saw each other before their fourteen-year separation?
10. What did Noah say in his good-bye letter to Allie?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)