|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Allie like thunderstorms?
(a) They seem romantic.
(b) It feels as though her problems wash away with the rain.
(c) They are pretty to look at.
(d) They are unpredictable.
2. For Noah, what is usually a prediction of rain?
(a) The smell of burnt toast.
(b) Stiff legs.
(d) Rain clouds.
3. What did Noah give Allie when they saw each other for the last time in the summer of 1932?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A note.
(c) A hug.
(d) A poem.
4. In "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams," how long has it been since Allie last visited an art gallery?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
5. What made it difficult for Allie to drive back to the inn on her way to meet Lon?
(a) Allie was shaking.
(b) A flat tire.
(c) The tears in her eyes.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allie do while Noah is preparing breakfast in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
2. Why does Allie think it would be a bad idea to leave Lon for Noah?
3. Who said "A dull ax is more dangerous than a sharp one"?
4. What serenades Allie and Noah as they eat lunch together in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
5. What does Allie think she hears her mother whisper as she leaves Noah's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is apparent from Allie's appearance when she reaches the inn?
2. What does Noah like to do with his mornings in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
3. Where does Noah take Allie to on their canoe ride?
4. What does Noah tell Allie he remembers most from their summer together?
5. What are Allie's reasons for deciding not to leave Lon?
6. Who does Allie see on the drive back to the inn that reminds her of Noah?
7. What does Allie realize about the painting she admires at the art gallery?
8. Which of Noah's letters does Allie choose to read when she is sitting in her car at the inn?
9. After saying good-bye to Noah for the last time, what was Allie's drive back to the inn like?
10. What did Noah miss most when he lived up north?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)