|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Noah bring on his canoe ride with Allie?
2. In "An Unexpected Visitor," what does Noah say he can't live his life happily knowing?
(a) That he never tried to win Allie back.
(b) That Allie is unhappy.
(c) That Allie never loved him.
(d) That Allie is with someone else.
3. What does Allie think she hears her mother whisper as she leaves Noah's house?
(a) Follow your heart.
(b) Don't make the same mistake I did.
(c) Be true to yourself.
(d) Take opportunities as they come.
4. What is the date on the letter from Noah that Allie reads in "A Letter from Yesterday"?
(a) June 1941.
(b) October 1932.
(c) January 1938.
(d) March 1935.
5. What was it that first attracted Allie to Noah when they were younger?
(a) That he fully savored life.
(b) The he was kind to everybody.
(c) That he wouldn't take no for an answer.
(d) The way he smiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Allie's mother travel to New Bern for?
2. Why does Allie think it would be a bad idea to leave Lon for Noah?
3. How did Allie's mother always feel about Noah?
4. What does Allie do while Noah is preparing breakfast in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
5. For Noah, what is usually a prediction of rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Allie's mother know she would be with Noah?
2. What does Allie note about New Bern as she walked around shopping downtown in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
3. What are Allie's reasons for deciding not to leave Lon?
4. Where does Noah take Allie to on their canoe ride?
5. What does Noah tell Allie in hopes of convincing her to stay with him, instead of going back to Lon?
6. What advice does Anne offer her daughter about deciding what she should do about Lon and Noah?
7. What did Noah say in his good-bye letter to Allie?
8. What kind of husband does Allie anticipate Lon will be?
9. What does Allie realize about the painting she admires at the art gallery?
10. At what point does Allie decide whether she will stay with Lon or Noah?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)