|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allie look for on the dock in "Reunion"?
(a) A carving.
(c) Her sweater.
(d) Her keys.
2. How did the Hammonds make their fortune?
3. How does Allie suddenly feel after showing up at Noah's house after fourteen years?
4. How does Noah chose to refer to his shyness?
(a) As quiet confidence.
(b) An unavoidable social handicap.
(c) He is a man who chooses his words wisely.
(d) As silent brilliance.
5. Where does Allie live in 1946?
(c) New Bern.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Reunion," after their dinner, what time does Noah tell Allie to meet him the next day?
2. In what way does Allie think Lon is like her father?
3. What does Noah believe in?
4. What piece of furniture is on Noah's dock?
5. What is Noah wearing at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Noah decide to leave New Bern in the '30s, and where did he eventually settle?
2. Who is Noah best friend in New Bern in 1946?
3. How did Noah come to adopt Clem?
4. How did Allie deal with the pain of missing Noah after they separated in the past?
5. What did Allie's parents think of Noah?
6. Describe Noah's one and only attempt to find Allie.
7. Describe the painting Allie had given Noah before they were separated.
8. Why didn't Allie take up painting professionally?
9. In what ways does Allie acknowledge her relationship with Lon is less than perfect?
10. How does Lon find success as a lawyer?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)