|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noah chose to refer to his shyness?
(a) An unavoidable social handicap.
(b) As quiet confidence.
(c) As silent brilliance.
(d) He is a man who chooses his words wisely.
2. Where does Allie live in 1946?
(b) New York.
(d) New Bern.
3. What is Noah wearing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A bathrobe and flannel pajamas.
(c) An orange tie with a wine stain.
(d) A sweater made by his daughter.
4. What activity always makes Noah reflect on his life?
5. What does Noah see in the colors and lines of Allie's painting in "Reunion"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1940s, how does Allie find out that Noah is back in New Bern?
2. What does Allie do when she sees Noah for the first time in fourteen years?
3. What instrument does Gus play?
4. What was Fin's occupation?
5. Who does Noah have a relationship with in New Jersey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allie remember most about Noah?
2. What did Allie's parents think of Noah?
3. What did Allie's mother tell her when she realized the relationship between Allie and Noah was getting serious?
4. What do we learn about Lon's family in "Reunion"?
5. How does Lon find success as a lawyer?
6. Why didn't Allie take up painting professionally?
7. What does Noah say of the people who live at the nursing home?
8. How did Allie deal with the pain of missing Noah after they separated in the past?
9. How did Noah come to adopt Clem?
10. Describe Noah's one and only attempt to find Allie.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)