|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Allie think Lon is like her father?
(a) Neither man likes to share his thoughts or feelings.
(b) Both men are very rich.
(c) Neither man is artistic.
(d) Both men care about social status.
2. What does Lon resolve to do after he and Allie are married?
(a) Work harder to provide for his family.
(b) Have a big family.
(c) Become partner at his firm.
(d) Cut back his work hours.
3. What has intimidated many of the boys Allie has dated?
(a) Her boisterous laugh.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her confidence.
(d) Her energy.
4. What had Fin encouraged Noah to do on his first date with Allie?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Hold her hand.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Ask her out again.
5. What do Allie's friends think of Lon?
(a) That he is a chauvanist pig.
(b) That he is perfect.
(c) That he is too good for Allie.
(d) That he is handsome but dim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is approaching in Allie's life when she decides to visit Noah after fourteen years?
2. What does Noah believe in?
3. What does Allie think poetry is written for?
4. In "Reunion," what does Noah take for Allie when they go to sit on the porch after eating?
5. How did Noah's mother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noah say of the people who live at the nursing home?
2. Why did Noah decide to leave New Bern in the '30s, and where did he eventually settle?
3. What did Allie's parents think of Noah?
4. How did Noah come to adopt Clem?
5. What did Allie's mother tell her when she realized the relationship between Allie and Noah was getting serious?
6. What property did Noah acquire in order to protect it?
7. How does Lon find success as a lawyer?
8. What do we learn about Lon's family in "Reunion"?
9. How does Noah help Martha Shaw?
10. Who is Noah best friend in New Bern in 1946?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)