|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Noah offer Allie on their first real date when they were younger?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A cookie.
(c) His heart.
(d) His jacket.
2. What does Allie think poetry is written for?
(a) To soothe the reader's pain.
(b) To inspire without reason.
(c) To convey beauty with words.
(d) To immortalize the love of the poet.
3. What does Morris Goldman say is Noah's only negative point?
(a) He isn't ambitious.
(b) He's not serious enough.
(c) He's not Jewish.
(d) He is too tall.
4. How old is Noah at the present time in the novel?
(a) Eighty years old.
(b) Eighty-five years old.
(c) Seventy-five years old.
(d) Seventy years old.
5. What is Noah wearing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A sweater made by his daughter.
(c) A bathrobe and flannel pajamas.
(d) An orange tie with a wine stain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shops does Allie tell Lon she will visit in New Bern?
2. Where does Noah find a job in New Jersey?
3. How did Allie avoid the pain of leaving Noah after their summer together?
4. How does Noah chose to refer to his shyness?
5. What piece of furniture is on Noah's dock?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, how did Noah overcome his stutter?
2. Who is Noah best friend in New Bern in 1946?
3. What changes does Allie see in Noah when they reunite after fourteen years?
4. What does Allie remember most about Noah?
5. Why didn't Allie take up painting professionally?
6. How does Noah help Martha Shaw?
7. How did Allie deal with the pain of missing Noah after they separated in the past?
8. What did Allie's mother tell her when she realized the relationship between Allie and Noah was getting serious?
9. How does Allie find out Noah was back in New Bern?
10. How does Allie excuse her mother's interception of Noah's letters?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)