|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noah describe his life?
(a) As a blue-chip stock.
(b) As a never-ending marathon.
(c) As a series of surprises.
(d) As a circle.
2. What does Noah do after Annie leaves after dinner to go back to her hotel in "Reunion"?
(b) Cleans the dishes.
(c) Sits on his porch.
(d) Goes to bed.
3. What does Allie do when she sees Noah for the first time in fourteen years?
(a) Allie hugs Noah.
(b) Allie runs away.
(c) Allie laughs.
(d) Allie cries.
4. How long have Allie and Lon dated for?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
5. Where does Noah live at the present time of the novel?
(a) In the same house he has lived for sixty years.
(b) In a trailer.
(c) With his son's family.
(d) In a nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1940s, how does Allie find out that Noah is back in New Bern?
2. Where does Noah live in 1946?
3. What happened to the letters Noah sent Allie?
4. What was Fin's occupation?
5. What expression does Noah use to describe Allie to others?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Noah come to adopt Clem?
2. Who is Noah best friend in New Bern in 1946?
3. How does Allie find out Noah was back in New Bern?
4. How does Lon find success as a lawyer?
5. Why didn't Allie take up painting professionally?
6. As a child, how did Noah overcome his stutter?
7. Describe Noah's one and only attempt to find Allie.
8. In what way is New Bern "haunted" for Noah?
9. What does Allie look for on Noah's dock in "Reunion"?
10. What does Noah say of the people who live at the nursing home?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)