|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Reunion," after their dinner, what time does Noah tell Allie to meet him the next day?
(a) Ten o'clock in the morning.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At noon.
2. What did Noah offer Allie on their first real date when they were younger?
(a) His heart.
(b) His jacket.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A cookie.
3. What is Noah wearing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) An orange tie with a wine stain.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A sweater made by his daughter.
(d) A bathrobe and flannel pajamas.
4. In what way does Allie think Lon is like her father?
(a) Both men care about social status.
(b) Both men are very rich.
(c) Neither man likes to share his thoughts or feelings.
(d) Neither man is artistic.
5. Who has called the hotel several times looking for Allie?
(b) Allie's mother.
(c) Allie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah read to the upset woman at the beginning of the book?
2. How many letters does Noah say he sent Allie?
3. What lesson did Allie learn from her mother about status?
4. What season do Allie and Noah spend together?
5. What kind of man does Noah say he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, how did Noah overcome his stutter?
2. What does Allie remember most about Noah?
3. What changes does Allie see in Noah when they reunite after fourteen years?
4. In what way is New Bern "haunted" for Noah?
5. How does Lon find success as a lawyer?
6. Describe Noah's one and only attempt to find Allie.
7. What property did Noah acquire in order to protect it?
8. How did Noah come to adopt Clem?
9. How does Allie excuse her mother's interception of Noah's letters?
10. What did Allie's mother tell her when she realized the relationship between Allie and Noah was getting serious?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)