|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allie think she hears her mother whisper as she leaves Noah's house?
(a) Take opportunities as they come.
(b) Be true to yourself.
(c) Follow your heart.
(d) Don't make the same mistake I did.
2. What does Allie say she remembers most about the summer she and Noah spent together when they were younger?
(b) Making love.
3. What did Allie's mother travel to New Bern for?
(a) To join Allie on her shopping trip.
(b) To take Allie back to Raleigh.
(c) To warn Allie that Lon was coming.
(d) To visit an old friend.
4. How did Allie's mother always feel about Noah?
(a) She thought Noah was smart.
(b) She though Noah had a bright future.
(c) She liked Noah.
(d) She detested Noah.
5. Who says, "You are the answer to every prayer I've offered"?
(a) A fortune cookie.
6. For Noah, what is usually a prediction of rain?
(a) Rain clouds.
(b) Stiff legs.
(c) The smell of burnt toast.
7. What does Allie especially remember about her reunion with Noah at his house?
(a) The food Noah prepared.
(b) The glint in Noah's eye.
(c) The awkwardness between them.
(d) The way he talked about her painting.
8. How does Noah describe Allie's mother?
(a) As a strange woman.
(b) As a manipulative woman.
(c) As an admirable woman.
(d) As a strong woman.
9. What does Noah want to do as Allie drives away to meet Lon?
(a) Chase after her in his truck.
(b) Scream for her to stay.
(c) Chop down the oak tree.
(d) Forget he ever met her.
10. Which of Noah's letters does Allie decide to read in "A Letter from Yesterday"?
(a) The first one he sent.
(b) The one he sent before leaving New Bern.
(c) The one he sent on her twentieth birthday.
(d) The last one he sent.
11. What made it difficult for Allie to drive back to the inn on her way to meet Lon?
(a) A flat tire.
(b) The weather.
(c) Allie was shaking.
(d) The tears in her eyes.
12. What does the judge think of Lon's request for the trial to be postponed?
(a) The judge thinks it's suspicious.
(b) The judge doesn't like it.
(c) The judge thinks it's unprofessional.
(d) The judge doesn't care.
13. Who does Allie remind Noah of as she drives away to see Lon?
(a) His mother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A wounded animal.
(d) Allie as a teenager.
14. How does Allie describe Noah's skill with handling the canoe?
(a) As graceful.
(b) As artistic.
(c) As efficient.
(d) As manly.
15. During the summer they met, what did Allie tell Noah that stopped him from talking to her for a while?
(a) That she had a boyfriend.
(b) That she wasn't sure if she liked him.
(c) That she would be leaving New Bern soon.
(d) That she is very rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found to have been blown over in the storm in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
2. What serenades Allie and Noah as they eat lunch together in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
3. What does Allie's mother tell Allie she should think about in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
4. In "A Letter from Yesterday," how long has it been since Allie first saw the newspaper article about Noah?
5. How does Allie feel about being nude in Noah's bedroom?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)