|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Allie they weren't surprised that Noah never sent her any letters?
(a) Allie's mother.
(b) Allie's best friend.
(d) Allie's father.
2. Why does Allie like thunderstorms?
(a) They are unpredictable.
(b) They seem romantic.
(c) It feels as though her problems wash away with the rain.
(d) They are pretty to look at.
3. Why doesn't Allie call Lon?
(a) She does not know what to say to him.
(b) She is afraid to hear his voice.
(c) He is angry with her.
(d) He should be in court.
4. When is Lon's trial scheduled to resume?
(a) The following Monday.
(b) The following Friday.
(c) The following Wednesday.
(d) The next day.
5. For Noah, what is usually a prediction of rain?
(a) The smell of burnt toast.
(b) Stiff legs.
(d) Rain clouds.
6. What does Allie see two women pushing just outside Hoffman-Lane on her way to meet Lon?
(a) Carts of flowers.
(b) Baby carriages.
(c) Shopping carts.
(d) Their children on swings.
7. What does Noah want to do as Allie drives away to meet Lon?
(a) Forget he ever met her.
(b) Chop down the oak tree.
(c) Chase after her in his truck.
(d) Scream for her to stay.
8. Why does Allie think it would be a bad idea to leave Lon for Noah?
(a) Allie has only been back with Noah for two days.
(b) Allie doesn't want to leave Raleigh.
(c) Doing so would hurt too many people.
(d) Lon is wealthy and influencial.
9. What does Noah say he remembers most about the summer he and Allie spent together when they were younger?
(a) When he told Allie that he loves her.
(b) All of it.
(c) Their last day together.
(d) The first time they kissed.
10. What does Allie wear to her noon meeting with Noah in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
(a) A floral dress cut to her knee.
(b) A plaid power suit.
(c) A cream-colored spring dress.
(d) A bright red pant suit.
11. What made it difficult for Allie to drive back to the inn on her way to meet Lon?
(a) The tears in her eyes.
(b) Allie was shaking.
(c) A flat tire.
(d) The weather.
12. When they were younger, after their summer together, why didn't Allie send her letters to Noah?
(a) She was unsure of his address.
(b) She thought it would be harder to forget him if he wrote back.
(c) She believed he no longer cared for her.
(d) She was afraid.
13. In "A Letter from Yesterday," what is written on the back of Noah's letter's envelope?
(a) "Happy Birthday"
(b) Just a street address.
(c) A short poem.
(d) Noah's monogram.
14. What does Allie know about her future with Lon?
(a) That they will grow to love each other more.
(b) That they will have a big family.
(c) That there would be no surprises.
(d) That he will never hurt her.
15. Why does Noah want to cancel the surprise trip he has planned for Allie?
(a) Noah wonders if he is moving too fast.
(b) Allie and Noah fight.
(c) He's worried it will rain.
(d) Allie is not in the mood for a trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Allie describe Noah's skill with handling the canoe?
2. What do Allie and Noah check for storm damage in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
3. What does Noah hear immediately after he says "It's your mother"?
4. How does Noah describe Allie's mother?
5. What does the painting in the gallery by Elayne appear to be inspired by?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)