|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Allie realize she particularly likes the painting by Elayne?
(a) She likes the color of the painting.
(b) It reminds her of her own work.
(c) She is inspired by the painting.
(d) The painting reminds her of Noah.
2. Why does Allie like thunderstorms?
(a) They are pretty to look at.
(b) They seem romantic.
(c) It feels as though her problems wash away with the rain.
(d) They are unpredictable.
3. Why does Noah want to cancel the surprise trip he has planned for Allie?
(a) Noah wonders if he is moving too fast.
(b) Allie is not in the mood for a trip.
(c) He's worried it will rain.
(d) Allie and Noah fight.
4. Who said "A dull ax is more dangerous than a sharp one"?
(c) Noah's father.
(d) Allie's father.
5. What does Allie buy at the Hoffman-Lane department store in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
(b) A present for Noah.
(c) A veil for her wedding.
(d) Art supplies.
6. How many times does Allie read the letter from Noah before getting out of her car?
(a) Allie can't bring herself to read the letter.
(c) Three times.
(d) Two times.
7. What is found to have been blown over in the storm in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) Two pine trees.
(b) A fence.
(c) Noah's clothes line.
(d) A rocking chair.
8. What do Allie and Noah check for storm damage in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) The windows.
(b) Allie's car.
(c) The dock.
(d) The porch.
9. In "A Letter from Yesterday," how long has it been since Allie first saw the newspaper article about Noah?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
10. When they were younger, after their summer together, why didn't Allie send her letters to Noah?
(a) She thought it would be harder to forget him if he wrote back.
(b) She was afraid.
(c) She was unsure of his address.
(d) She believed he no longer cared for her.
11. What serenades Allie and Noah as they eat lunch together in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) A mockingbird.
(c) An owl.
12. What does the painting in the gallery by Elayne appear to be inspired by?
(a) The solar system.
(b) The Orient.
(c) The Greek islands.
13. What does Noah say he remembers most about the summer he and Allie spent together when they were younger?
(a) Their last day together.
(b) All of it.
(c) The first time they kissed.
(d) When he told Allie that he loves her.
14. How did Allie's mother always feel about Noah?
(a) She though Noah had a bright future.
(b) She detested Noah.
(c) She thought Noah was smart.
(d) She liked Noah.
15. What did Noah give Allie when they saw each other for the last time in the summer of 1932?
(a) A hug.
(b) A note.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah want to do as Allie drives away to meet Lon?
2. When is Lon's trial scheduled to resume?
3. What does Allie see two women pushing just outside Hoffman-Lane on her way to meet Lon?
4. What does Allie know about her future with Lon?
5. In "A Letter from Yesterday," in Noah's letter, what does he say Allie taught him?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)