|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Noah bring on his canoe ride with Allie?
2. What had Noah learned long ago not to underestimate?
(a) The weather.
(d) A bottle of beer.
3. In "Swans and Storms," after the rainstorm, how do Allie and Noah pass the rest of the day?
(a) Making love.
(c) Eating and laughing.
(d) Listening to the radio.
4. In "A Letter from Yesterday," how long has it been since Allie first saw the newspaper article about Noah?
(a) One week.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
5. When is Lon's trial scheduled to resume?
(a) The following Monday.
(b) The next day.
(c) The following Friday.
(d) The following Wednesday.
6. What did Allie's mother travel to New Bern for?
(a) To visit an old friend.
(b) To join Allie on her shopping trip.
(c) To take Allie back to Raleigh.
(d) To warn Allie that Lon was coming.
7. What does Allie do while Noah is preparing breakfast in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) Feeds Clem.
(b) Reads poetry.
(c) Picks some flowers.
8. Why doesn't Allie call Lon?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) She does not know what to say to him.
(c) He should be in court.
(d) She is afraid to hear his voice.
9. What is found to have been blown over in the storm in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A fence.
(c) Noah's clothes line.
(d) Two pine trees.
10. What does Allie's mother give her daughter at Noah's house?
(a) Noah's letters.
(b) A sketch book.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Her engagement ring.
11. How does Noah describe Allie's mother?
(a) As a manipulative woman.
(b) As an admirable woman.
(c) As a strange woman.
(d) As a strong woman.
12. What serenades Allie and Noah as they eat lunch together in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(b) An owl.
(d) A mockingbird.
13. What is the one night a week Allie regularly sees Lon?
14. In "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams," how long has it been since Allie last visited an art gallery?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
15. Where do Allie and Noah sit after coming in from the rain in "Swans and Storms"?
(a) In front of the fire.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On the porch.
(d) At the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah hear immediately after he says "It's your mother"?
2. How did Allie's mother always feel about Noah?
3. What downtown New Bern building does Allie note looks more run-down than it did when she was younger?
4. Where does Allie see Lon's car parked at the inn?
5. What does the painting in the gallery by Elayne appear to be inspired by?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)