|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "An Unexpected Visitor," what does Noah say he can't live his life happily knowing?
(a) That Allie is unhappy.
(b) That he never tried to win Allie back.
(c) That Allie is with someone else.
(d) That Allie never loved him.
2. What was it that first attracted Allie to Noah when they were younger?
(a) That he wouldn't take no for an answer.
(b) That he fully savored life.
(c) The way he smiled.
(d) The he was kind to everybody.
3. Who says, "You are the answer to every prayer I've offered"?
(b) A fortune cookie.
4. What does Noah like to do in the morning?
(a) Go out on the water.
(b) Make breakfast.
(c) Have a bath.
(d) Read poetry.
5. What does Allie do while Noah is preparing breakfast in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) Picks some flowers.
(b) Reads poetry.
(d) Feeds Clem.
6. Where does Allie park her car at Noah's house in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
(a) Behind the shed.
(b) As close to the door as possible.
(c) Under the oak tree.
(d) Near the road.
7. What did Noah give Allie when they saw each other for the last time in the summer of 1932?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A poem.
(c) A hug.
(d) A note.
8. When is Lon's trial scheduled to resume?
(a) The next day.
(b) The following Wednesday.
(c) The following Friday.
(d) The following Monday.
9. How many times does Allie read the letter from Noah before getting out of her car?
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Allie can't bring herself to read the letter.
10. For Noah, what is usually a prediction of rain?
(a) The smell of burnt toast.
(b) Rain clouds.
(c) Stiff legs.
11. Why does Allie think it would be a bad idea to leave Lon for Noah?
(a) Allie doesn't want to leave Raleigh.
(b) Lon is wealthy and influencial.
(c) Allie has only been back with Noah for two days.
(d) Doing so would hurt too many people.
12. How did Allie's mother always feel about Noah?
(a) She liked Noah.
(b) She detested Noah.
(c) She though Noah had a bright future.
(d) She thought Noah was smart.
13. What serenades Allie and Noah as they eat lunch together in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(b) An owl.
(d) A mockingbird.
14. What does the painting in the gallery by Elayne appear to be inspired by?
(a) The Greek islands.
(b) The Orient.
(c) The solar system.
15. What do Allie and Noah prepare for lunch in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Allie slept in at the beginning of "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
2. What does Noah hear immediately after he says "It's your mother"?
3. In "Swans and Storms," after the rainstorm, how do Allie and Noah pass the rest of the day?
4. What does Allie's mother give her daughter at Noah's house?
5. What does Allie sketch in her room before going to meet Noah?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)