|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Allie at the beginning of "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
(d) A loud thud.
2. What does Allie know about her future with Lon?
(a) That they will grow to love each other more.
(b) That there would be no surprises.
(c) That they will have a big family.
(d) That he will never hurt her.
3. Who told Allie they weren't surprised that Noah never sent her any letters?
(b) Allie's best friend.
(c) Allie's father.
(d) Allie's mother.
4. What does Allie sketch in her room before going to meet Noah?
(a) A street scene.
(d) The ocean.
5. In "A Letter from Yesterday," what is written on the back of Noah's letter's envelope?
(a) Noah's monogram.
(b) Just a street address.
(c) A short poem.
(d) "Happy Birthday"
6. In "Swans and Storms," after the rainstorm, how do Allie and Noah pass the rest of the day?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Eating and laughing.
(c) Making love.
7. What is found to have been blown over in the storm in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) A fence.
(b) Two pine trees.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) Noah's clothes line.
8. What does Allie's mother give her daughter at Noah's house?
(a) Her engagement ring.
(b) Noah's letters.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) A sketch book.
9. What does Noah say he remembers most about the summer he and Allie spent together when they were younger?
(a) The first time they kissed.
(b) When he told Allie that he loves her.
(c) Their last day together.
(d) All of it.
10. What is Allie's mother's name?
11. Why does Allie think it would be a bad idea to leave Lon for Noah?
(a) Lon is wealthy and influencial.
(b) Allie has only been back with Noah for two days.
(c) Allie doesn't want to leave Raleigh.
(d) Doing so would hurt too many people.
12. What is the one night a week Allie regularly sees Lon?
13. What downtown New Bern building does Allie note looks more run-down than it did when she was younger?
(a) The Masonic theater.
(b) The New Bern Library.
(c) The townhall.
(d) The general store.
14. In "A Letter from Yesterday," in Noah's letter, what does he say Allie taught him?
(a) To follow his dreams.
(b) The value of love.
(c) That he is worthy of love.
(d) That love does not necessarily conquer all.
15. What does Allie say she remembers most about the summer she and Noah spent together when they were younger?
(b) Making love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You are the answer to every prayer I've offered"?
2. What has Allie slept in at the beginning of "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
3. What do Allie and Noah drink after coming in from the rain in "Swans and Storms"?
4. Where does Allie see Lon's car parked at the inn?
5. What does Allie think she hears her mother whisper as she leaves Noah's house?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)