|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the summer they met, what did Allie tell Noah that stopped him from talking to her for a while?
(a) That she wasn't sure if she liked him.
(b) That she is very rich.
(c) That she had a boyfriend.
(d) That she would be leaving New Bern soon.
2. What does Allie get out of her glove compartment?
(a) A mirror and brush.
(b) A tube of lipstick.
(c) Her engagement ring.
(d) A map.
3. Why does Allie realize she particularly likes the painting by Elayne?
(a) The painting reminds her of Noah.
(b) She likes the color of the painting.
(c) It reminds her of her own work.
(d) She is inspired by the painting.
4. What does Allie give Noah before she goes to meet Lon at the New Bern Inn?
(a) A picture she drew.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A ring.
(d) A letter.
5. What covers the surface of the lake Noah takes Allie to?
(d) Swans and geese.
6. How does Allie feel about being nude in Noah's bedroom?
(a) A little thrilled.
7. In "Courtrooms," why does Lon ask for the trial to be postponed?
(a) Lon's father has died.
(b) Lon wants to go to New Bern.
(c) Lon needs to go to the hospital.
(d) Lon wants to take Allie for lunch.
8. What does Noah tell Allie she can't live her life for in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(b) Someone else's dream.
(c) Other people.
(d) Her marriage.
9. What does Allie think she hears her mother whisper as she leaves Noah's house?
(a) Don't make the same mistake I did.
(b) Take opportunities as they come.
(c) Be true to yourself.
(d) Follow your heart.
10. What do Allie and Noah prepare for lunch in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
11. In "A Letter from Yesterday," how long has it been since Allie first saw the newspaper article about Noah?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
12. What does Allie's mother give her daughter at Noah's house?
(a) Noah's letters.
(b) A sketch book.
(c) Her engagement ring.
(d) Her wedding dress.
13. What did Allie's mother travel to New Bern for?
(a) To visit an old friend.
(b) To join Allie on her shopping trip.
(c) To take Allie back to Raleigh.
(d) To warn Allie that Lon was coming.
14. Why does Noah want to cancel the surprise trip he has planned for Allie?
(a) Allie is not in the mood for a trip.
(b) Allie and Noah fight.
(c) He's worried it will rain.
(d) Noah wonders if he is moving too fast.
15. When Noah stops to stare at Allie in "An Unexpected Visitor," what is the only thing she can think to do?
(a) Stare back.
(b) Say "I love you".
(c) Kiss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah want to do as Allie drives away to meet Lon?
2. What are Allie and Noah doing when they hear the knock at the door in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
3. How many times does Allie read the letter from Noah before getting out of her car?
4. What did Noah give Allie when they saw each other for the last time in the summer of 1932?
5. What does the painting in the gallery by Elayne appear to be inspired by?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)