|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Letter from Yesterday," in Noah's letter, what does he say Allie taught him?
(a) To follow his dreams.
(b) The value of love.
(c) That love does not necessarily conquer all.
(d) That he is worthy of love.
2. How does Allie feel about being nude in Noah's bedroom?
(b) A little thrilled.
3. What did Allie's mother travel to New Bern for?
(a) To join Allie on her shopping trip.
(b) To take Allie back to Raleigh.
(c) To warn Allie that Lon was coming.
(d) To visit an old friend.
4. What is found to have been blown over in the storm in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) Noah's clothes line.
(b) Two pine trees.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A fence.
5. What did Noah give Allie when they saw each other for the last time in the summer of 1932?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A note.
(c) A poem.
(d) A hug.
6. How did Allie's mother always feel about Noah?
(a) She thought Noah was smart.
(b) She though Noah had a bright future.
(c) She liked Noah.
(d) She detested Noah.
7. What do Allie and Noah prepare for lunch in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
8. In "An Unexpected Visitor," what does Noah say he can't live his life happily knowing?
(a) That Allie is unhappy.
(b) That Allie is with someone else.
(c) That he never tried to win Allie back.
(d) That Allie never loved him.
9. What does Noah like to do in the morning?
(a) Make breakfast.
(b) Have a bath.
(c) Read poetry.
(d) Go out on the water.
10. What does Allie's mother give her daughter at Noah's house?
(a) Her engagement ring.
(b) Noah's letters.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) A sketch book.
11. When is Lon's trial scheduled to resume?
(a) The following Monday.
(b) The following Friday.
(c) The following Wednesday.
(d) The next day.
12. What does Allie do while Noah is preparing breakfast in "An Unexpected Visitor"?
(a) Reads poetry.
(c) Picks some flowers.
(d) Feeds Clem.
13. Where do Allie and Noah sit after coming in from the rain in "Swans and Storms"?
(a) In front of the fire.
(b) At the kitchen table.
(c) On the porch.
(d) On the couch.
14. Who does Allie remind Noah of as she drives away to see Lon?
(a) Allie as a teenager.
(b) A wounded animal.
(c) Her mother.
(d) His mother.
15. Why doesn't Allie call Lon?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) She is afraid to hear his voice.
(c) She does not know what to say to him.
(d) He should be in court.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams," how long has it been since Allie last visited an art gallery?
2. How many times does Allie read the letter from Noah before getting out of her car?
3. Why does Allie like thunderstorms?
4. What does Allie especially remember about her reunion with Noah at his house?
5. Who said "A dull ax is more dangerous than a sharp one"?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)