|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noah describe his life?
(a) As a blue-chip stock.
(b) As a circle.
(c) As a never-ending marathon.
(d) As a series of surprises.
2. How is Clem disabled?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She is missing most of her teeth.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She is missing a leg.
3. What event is approaching in Allie's life when she decides to visit Noah after fourteen years?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her graduation.
(c) She is about to move across the country.
(d) She is about to give birth.
4. What did Allie's mother tell Lon about her relationship with Noah?
(a) That it was Allie's first love.
(b) That it was a blip.
(c) That it was puppy love.
(d) That it was powerful.
5. How many letters does Noah say he sent Allie?
(a) Too many to count.
(c) A thousand.
(d) Over a hundred.
6. In the 1940s, what is Noah's dog's name?
7. What does Allie do when she sees Noah for the first time in fourteen years?
(a) Allie cries.
(b) Allie hugs Noah.
(c) Allie laughs.
(d) Allie runs away.
8. What is Noah wearing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A sweater made by his daughter.
(b) A bathrobe and flannel pajamas.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) An orange tie with a wine stain.
9. What is Allie's dream for her life when she first met Noah?
(a) To become a nurse.
(b) To become an artist.
(c) To become a singer.
(d) To become a teacher.
10. What happened to Noah's friend Fin?
(a) Fin lost an arm in the war.
(b) Fin married Allie's friend.
(c) Fin died in the war.
(d) Fin moved to Canada.
11. What made Noah a target for teasing as a child?
(a) A stutter.
(c) A limp.
(d) Buck teeth.
12. In "Reunion" what does Noah realize has happened during dinner with Allie?
(a) He has fallen in love with her again.
(b) Allie has admitted her feelings for Noah.
(c) Noah has forgotten about his troubles.
(d) Noah and Allie connect on a deeper level.
13. What does Noah do after Annie leaves after dinner to go back to her hotel in "Reunion"?
(a) Sits on his porch.
(b) Goes to bed.
(d) Cleans the dishes.
14. What expression does Noah use to describe Allie to others?
(a) A living poem.
(b) A puzzle.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) A rainbow.
15. What shops does Allie tell Lon she will visit in New Bern?
(a) Shoe shops.
(b) Souvenir shops.
(c) Candy shops.
(d) Antique shops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Fin encouraged Noah to do on his first date with Allie?
2. Who has called the hotel several times looking for Allie?
3. What kind of man does Noah say he is?
4. What does Morris Goldman promise to do should he sell his business?
5. In "Reunion," after their dinner, what time does Noah tell Allie to meet him the next day?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)