|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is Noah left in Morris Goldman's will?
(a) One hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
(b) Almost seventy thousand dollars.
(c) Just over forty thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
2. What season do Allie and Noah spend together?
3. What instrument does Gus play?
4. What does Noah prepare for dinner with Allie in "Reunion"?
5. What is the "thing" Allie wants to tell Noah when she sees him after fourteen years?
(a) That she is moving away.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is in love with Noah.
(d) That she is engaged.
6. How many letters does Noah say he sent Allie?
(a) Over a hundred.
(c) A thousand.
(d) Too many to count.
7. How did Allie avoid the pain of leaving Noah after their summer together?
(a) By painting.
(b) By drinking.
(c) She dates other men.
(d) She studies very diligently.
8. What activity always makes Noah reflect on his life?
9. How does Allie suddenly feel after showing up at Noah's house after fourteen years?
10. What does Morris Goldman promise to do should he sell his business?
(a) Share the profit with Noah.
(b) Take Noah on a trip.
(c) Buy Noah a car.
(d) Give Noah the option to buy the business.
11. What kind of man does Noah say he is?
(a) An extraordinary man.
(b) A common man.
(c) A silly man.
(d) A frank man.
12. In what way does Allie think Lon is like her father?
(a) Both men are very rich.
(b) Neither man likes to share his thoughts or feelings.
(c) Both men care about social status.
(d) Neither man is artistic.
13. What was Fin's occupation?
(a) Real estate agent.
14. How did Noah's mother die?
(b) During childbirth.
15. What does Morris Goldman say is Noah's only negative point?
(a) He's not Jewish.
(b) He isn't ambitious.
(c) He's not serious enough.
(d) He is too tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noah read to the upset woman at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Noah believe in?
3. In "Reunion," what does Noah take for Allie when they go to sit on the porch after eating?
4. What had Fin encouraged Noah to do on his first date with Allie?
5. What did Allie's mother tell Lon about her relationship with Noah?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)