|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters does Noah say he sent Allie?
(a) Too many to count.
(b) A thousand.
(c) Over a hundred.
2. How did the Hammonds make their fortune?
3. What made Noah a target for teasing as a child?
(a) A limp.
(b) A stutter.
(c) Buck teeth.
4. Where does Noah live at the present time of the novel?
(a) In the same house he has lived for sixty years.
(b) In a trailer.
(c) With his son's family.
(d) In a nursing home.
5. How did Allie avoid the pain of leaving Noah after their summer together?
(a) She studies very diligently.
(b) By drinking.
(c) She dates other men.
(d) By painting.
6. Who says, "There's nothing normal about any of this" in "Reunion"?
(a) Allie's mother.
7. What was Fin's occupation?
(c) Real estate agent.
8. How does Allie suddenly feel after showing up at Noah's house after fourteen years?
9. In what year did Noah meet Allie?
10. How old is Noah at the present time in the novel?
(a) Eighty-five years old.
(b) Eighty years old.
(c) Seventy years old.
(d) Seventy-five years old.
11. What expression does Noah use to describe Allie to others?
(a) A puzzle.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A living poem.
(d) A shooting star.
12. Where does Noah live in 1946?
(b) New Bern.
13. What does Allie look for on the dock in "Reunion"?
(a) Her sweater.
(c) A carving.
(d) Her keys.
14. How does Noah chose to refer to his shyness?
(a) An unavoidable social handicap.
(b) As quiet confidence.
(c) He is a man who chooses his words wisely.
(d) As silent brilliance.
15. Why does Noah think Fin joined the military?
(a) Fin was a natural-born soldier.
(b) Fin was pressured by his father.
(c) Fin was very patriotic.
(d) Because Noah did himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1940s, what is Noah's dog's name?
2. How is Clem disabled?
3. What does Noah do after Annie leaves after dinner to go back to her hotel in "Reunion"?
4. What instrument does Gus play?
5. What do Allie's friends think of Lon?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)