|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Winter for Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Noah's letters does Allie decide to read in "A Letter from Yesterday"?
(a) The one he sent before leaving New Bern.
(b) The first one he sent.
(c) The one he sent on her twentieth birthday.
(d) The last one he sent.
2. What does Allie see two women pushing just outside Hoffman-Lane on her way to meet Lon?
(a) Shopping carts.
(b) Their children on swings.
(c) Baby carriages.
(d) Carts of flowers.
3. In the nursing home, what does Noah notice has happened to Allie in the past three months?
(a) She has lost a lot of weight.
(b) Her hair has turned siver.
(c) Her complexion has greyed.
(d) She has stopped getting out of bed.
4. Why does Allie realize she particularly likes the painting by Elayne?
(a) She is inspired by the painting.
(b) The painting reminds her of Noah.
(c) She likes the color of the painting.
(d) It reminds her of her own work.
5. What does Noah's father say would keep him sane during his military tour?
(a) Clean socks.
(b) The thought of his first love.
(c) Letters from home.
(d) The sound of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You are the answer to every prayer I've offered"?
2. What does Noah call "just an illusion" in "Winter for Two"?
3. What is the name of Allie's doctor?
4. In what way does Allie think Lon is like her father?
5. What does Allie buy at the Hoffman-Lane department store in "Kayaks and Forgotten Dreams"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)