|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ tells Thor the truth about Geirrod within the myth of their interaction.
2. Thor takes ______ along as a companion on his journey to battle the giants.
3. Thor demands to know the man's name and he replies that it is ________.
4. Since the farmer's son broke _____, one of the animals is now lame.
5. Odin decides to take his horse ______ and ride to the giant Hrungir.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Svipdag tell his mother has happened to his father during the story of the two?
2. What promise does Thrud's father refuse to uphold when he objects to the union of Alvis and Thrud?
3. Why does Freyja want the giantess to give her boar some of the memory ale?
4. What does Hasbard give as a reason for Thor to hurry home to be with his wife?
5. What do Hreidmar and his sons Fafnir and Regin decide to do as a result of the dead otter they see in Loki's hands?
6. What happens when the men realize they have no meat to eat on the night they stay in the poor farmhouse?
7. What does Fjolsvid reveal about Menglad and his marriage future as well as his ability to open the gates?
8. Why does Freyja call Hyndla out of her cave at the beginning of this section of the book?
9. Why does Geirrod believe that the falcon is actually someone in disguise when he sees the falcon in his land?
10. What is the speech by Loddfafnir include for all of those who are listening to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Heimdall's journey through Midgard helps to establish the social order of the world.
Part 1: Is it necessary to go on a journey in order to achieve something? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think Heimdall's journey changed the world?
Part 3: Why do you think social order is important when it comes to the mythology of the Norse?
Essay Topic 2
The gods seem to put a lot of faith into the prophesies which have been shared in their time.
Part 1: Why do the gods fail to immediately kill the children of Loki?
Part 2: Why is it important to allow the prophesies to come true?
Part 3: Do you think it's worth it to try to fight the prophesies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Freyja decides to give up her body in order to get the necklace which she desires.
Part 1: Why do you think Freyja believed that giving her body to the dwarves was the best option to get the necklace?
Part 2: Do you think that Freyja was doing the right thing to get the necklace?
Part 3: What might you have done to take the necklace from the dwarves?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)