|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Loki becomes annoyed with _______ and kills him.
2. The seeress states that Odin and ______ will conceive a child.
3. Hyndla gives Ottar the drink and says he will not ______ in that particular story.
4. The hall turns out to be the ______ of a giant, according to the book's content.
5. Thor and Loki take lodging in ________ when they are together in the particular myth in this section.
(a) A house.
(b) A castle.
(c) A goat shed.
(d) A tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Loki's son Narvi is turned into ________ within the story of Loki's escape.
2. It is discovered that ______ prevented Balder from being resurrected.
3. Freyja asks Hyndla to give her boar _______.
4. Thor challenges Alvis to answer questions about the ______ worlds.
5. Gylfi tells an old woman he will give her as much of ______ as she can plow.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Balder's mother ask to not harm her son in any way, so as to prevent his death?
2. What does Odin trick Hrungnir into doing when they are engaging in a contest to see whose horse is faster?
3. How will Hod receive vengeance for killing Balder, according to the words of the seeress?
4. What does Grid give to Thor in order to fight with Geirrod?
5. What happens to Nanna, Balder's wife, after he is killed during the games of the gods and goddesses?
6. What does Fjolsvid reveal about Menglad and his marriage future as well as his ability to open the gates?
7. What does Hasbard give as a reason for Thor to hurry home to be with his wife?
8. What do Hreidmar and his sons Fafnir and Regin decide to do as a result of the dead otter they see in Loki's hands?
9. What happens to Ottar as the giantess and Freyja battle amongst themselves?
10. Why didn't Frigg get a promise from the mistletoe to not harm Balder in any way?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)