|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thor demands to know the man's name and he replies that it is ________.
2. _____ is hung above Loki, dripping venom in his face.
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A snake.
(d) A spider.
3. The sybil _______ tries to remove the bone but is unable to finish.
4. It is discovered that ______ prevented Balder from being resurrected.
5. Thor decides to journey to _______ to battle the giants.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ suggests that Thor might try lifting his cat, according to the book's content.
2. Thor agrees to wrestle Utgard-Loki's ________, within a myth of the book.
3. _______ tells Thor the truth about Geirrod within the myth of their interaction.
4. Thor takes ______ along as a companion on his journey to battle the giants.
5. Balder is pierced by a poison ______, when he is killed by the one who is meant to kill him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dwarf do to the red gold which Loki uses to heal the otter which he has killed?
2. What happens to Ottar as the giantess and Freyja battle amongst themselves?
3. What happens when Thor tries to drink from the horn when he is with the giants?
4. How will Hod receive vengeance for killing Balder, according to the words of the seeress?
5. How did the giant king prevent his visitors from winning any of the contests of strength?
6. What is the warning that Thor gives to those who eat the meat he has provided for the dinner?
7. What do Hreidmar and his sons Fafnir and Regin decide to do as a result of the dead otter they see in Loki's hands?
8. What does Odin trick Hrungnir into doing when they are engaging in a contest to see whose horse is faster?
9. What does Hrungnir propose when Thor comes to battle him for drinking out of his horns?
10. What does Grid give to Thor in order to fight with Geirrod?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)