|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The three men who plot to kill the gods do not include ________.
2. Hugi engages in ______ running contests with the challenger.
3. Balder's brother _____ is blind, according to the description in the myth.
4. Since the farmer's son broke _____, one of the animals is now lame.
(a) A bone.
(b) A tool.
(c) A promise.
(d) A wheel.
5. Thor's boy servant, _______, finds a large hall with one whole wall missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Balder is pierced by a poison ______, when he is killed by the one who is meant to kill him.
2. Loki borrows _______ falcon skin and flies into Jotunheim.
3. Freyja asks Hyndla to give her boar _______.
4. Loki gathers the gold of _______ the dwarf, within that particular story.
5. The seeress reveals that ______ will kill Balder, which begins a chain of events.
Short Essay Questions
1. Hel tells Hermond that she will release Balder when what happens?
2. What is the warning that Thor gives to those who eat the meat he has provided for the dinner?
3. What does the dwarf do to the red gold which Loki uses to heal the otter which he has killed?
4. What does Grid give to Thor in order to fight with Geirrod?
5. Why does the farmer take offense to the three gods who arrive on his doorstep with the otter?
6. What promise does Thrud's father refuse to uphold when he objects to the union of Alvis and Thrud?
7. Who do the gods believe Thokk really is as he is the only one who refuses to weep for Balder when asked to do so?
8. What does Thor take as repayment when the boy causes one of the goats to be lame and unusable?
9. What happens when Thor tries to drink from the horn when he is with the giants?
10. What do the men realize they are sleeping in when they awake in the morning?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)