|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old peasant couple the brothers stayed with was really ______ in disguise.
(a) Odin and Frigg.
(b) Loki and Brokk.
(c) Freyr and Freyja.
(d) Freyr and Gerd.
2. Heimdall comes to Midgard disguised as _________, , according to the book's content..
3. When the wolf cannot free himself from the rope he bites off the hand of _______.
4. Loki often snuck into _________ where he spent nights with the giantess Angrboda.
5. Odin hangs on the world tree for _______ days to gain wisdom, according to the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. A bargain is struck in which the man can only use his horse ______ to help him.
2. Asgard is linked to Midgard by _______, the rainbow bridge, according to the book.
3. Brokk demands Loki's ______ be cut off, but settles for having his lips sewn together.
4. Odin throws ______ into the ocean surrounding Midgard.
5. The recipients of the gifts include all of the following gods except______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Loki do when Thor realizes that his hammer is missing from his side?
2. How does Idun return to the gods with the help of Loki and his trickster ways?
3. What does Geirrod tell everyone about Asgard once he is made king in his myth story?
4. What is the purpose of the golden apples which Idun gives to the gods when she is in their presence?
5. Why does Odin give up one of his eyes, leaving him half-blind for the rest of his life?
6. When Freyja asks for her necklace back, what does Odin say that she must do in order to regain her possession?
7. What does Fenrir do when he realizes that he can not break the new rope which is used to fetter him?
8. What does Freyr give to Skimir for his troubles in coming to see if he was okay?
9. What do the dwarves want from Freyja in exchange for the golden necklace she desires to have?
10. What does Njord do when he sees that his son is not in good spirits, acting quite sullen in manner?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)