|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heimdall comes to Midgard disguised as _________, , according to the book's content..
2. Two dwarves kill the man and use his blood to make _____ that will turn men into poets or wise men.
3. Loki sneaks into ______ bedroom and cuts off her golden hair.
4. Freyr lays spells on _____ when she refuses to come with him.
5. Loki borrow's Freyja's _______ to fly out in search of Mjollnir.
(b) Falcon skin.
(d) Flying carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odin, in the shape of a man, convinces _________ to give up the drink.
2. Discovering the trick, the man reveals his true identity as a _______.
3. In the creation story, the fiery region to the South is known as _______, according to the book.
4. Loki is dragged on the ground by the animal until he promises to bring Idun and her ________.
5. Odin sacrifices _____ in order to gain knowledge from the spring of Mimir.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crow tell Kon and Dan to do at the end of the story in which these two men are featured?
2. What does Fenrir do when he realizes that he can not break the new rope which is used to fetter him?
3. How are man and woman formed at the beginning of the creation story of the Norse myths?
4. Why does Loki decide to tell Odin about the agreement that Freyja has made with the dwarves for the necklace?
5. Where is the hammer of Thor buried and hidden in the world?
6. What does Brokk demand as a repayment for the gifts? What does he settle on instead?
7. What do the gods realize they need to do as they realize that Fenrir the Wolf is getting too strong?
8. What does Freyr give to Skimir for his troubles in coming to see if he was okay?
9. What do the dwarves want from Freyja in exchange for the golden necklace she desires to have?
10. What does Heimdall do for the time that he is staying with Ai and Edda, though he is disguised as Rig?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)