|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ tells Loki, Honir, and Odin that ox they are roasting will cook if he can eat his fill.
(a) A fox.
(b) A serpent.
(c) A wolf.
(d) An eagle.
2. The stakes of the contest between the giant and Odin are ______, according to the book.
(a) Horns of mead.
(b) Magic artifacts.
(c) Baskets of gold.
(d) Their lives.
3. The gods then name the man ______.
4. Odin throws ______ into the ocean surrounding Midgard.
5. The gods are impressed by Mjollnir the ______ and declare Brokk the winner of the contest.
(d) Arm band.
Short Answer Questions
1. Loki is dragged on the ground by the animal until he promises to bring Idun and her ________.
2. Brokk and Eitri create all of the following gifts except _______.
3. The three children of Loki and Angrboda will remain bound until ________ or the end of the world.
4. Heimdall brings the gift of _______ to Jarl within the book.
5. _______steals the oars of the ship, sends his brother out to sea, and is named King.
Short Essay Questions
1. In the creation story of the gods and goddesses in the Norse mythology, how does the world begin?
2. From what is Midgard created and why is it created in the first place, according to the book?
3. Why can't the man continue to build the wall at the fast pace with which he begin the building process?
4. Why does Loki decide to tell Odin about the agreement that Freyja has made with the dwarves for the necklace?
5. What does Heimdall do for the time that he is staying with Ai and Edda, though he is disguised as Rig?
6. What is the price the man on the horse suggests for rebuilding the wall that surrounds Asgard?
7. Where is the hammer of Thor buried and hidden in the world?
8. What is the purpose of the golden apples which Idun gives to the gods when she is in their presence?
9. What does Geirrod tell everyone about Asgard once he is made king in his myth story?
10. How are man and woman formed at the beginning of the creation story of the Norse myths?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)