|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freyr lays spells on _____ when she refuses to come with him.
2. ______ goes to the giant's hall dressed as a handmaiden accompanying the imposter Freyja.
3. ________ tells Loki, Honir, and Odin that ox they are roasting will cook if he can eat his fill.
(a) An eagle.
(b) A fox.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A wolf.
4. Thrall falls in love with ______ who is equally deformed and ugly.
(a) Rig the King.
(b) Kon the Crow.
(c) Thir the Drudge.
(d) Amma the Just.
5. Dwarves are called upon to help bind the wolf and create the rope ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dwarves agree to exchange the necklace in return for Freyja _______.
2. The recipients of the gifts include all of the following gods except______.
3. When the wolf cannot free himself from the rope he bites off the hand of _______.
4. A bargain is struck in which the man can only use his horse ______ to help him.
5. Odin hangs on the world tree for _______ days to gain wisdom, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Loki do when Thor realizes that his hammer is missing from his side?
2. Who is dressed up as a bride in order to take the place of Freyja at the wedding which is arranged?
3. What do the dwarves want from Freyja in exchange for the golden necklace she desires to have?
4. What does Fenrir do when he realizes that he can not break the new rope which is used to fetter him?
5. How does Idun return to the gods with the help of Loki and his trickster ways?
6. Who are the three children which Loki fathered with the giantess Angrbroda, according to the story?
7. From what is Midgard created and why is it created in the first place, according to the book?
8. What does Geirrod tell everyone about Asgard once he is made king in his myth story?
9. What is the price the man on the horse suggests for rebuilding the wall that surrounds Asgard?
10. What happens after Jormungand is thrown into the ocean by Odin in the story?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)