|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thor is given ______ to fight Geirrod, according to the book's content.
2. During the fight, a sliver of Hrungir's ______ becomes lodged in the god's head.
3. ______ suggests that Thor might try lifting his cat, according to the book's content.
4. ________ steps forward to ransom Balder from death.
5. Loki's son Narvi is turned into ________ within the story of Loki's escape.
(a) An eel.
(b) An otter.
(c) A salmon.
(d) A wolf.
6. Loddfafnir speaks the wisdom he received from looking in the ________.
(a) Well of Bifrost.
(b) Well of Ymir.
(c) Well of Urd.
(d) Well of Mimir.
7. When Thor awakens he discovers that he is _______ within the myth.
(c) On fire.
8. During the day, Loki assumes the form of _______ during the story after he flees Asgard.
(a) An otter.
(b) A wolf.
(c) An eel.
(d) A salmon.
9. _____ is hung above Loki, dripping venom in his face.
(a) A snake.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A spider.
(d) A scorpion.
10. Odin decides to take his horse ______ and ride to the giant Hrungir.
11. A giantess named ______ is the only one that will not weep for Balder.
12. Svipdag discovers that the hall belongs to ______.
13. Balder and his wife are laid side by side on his ______.
14. The god ______ sees the remnants of a fishing net in Loki's fire and repairs it.
15. Thor is told how to get home but hurls a _______ on his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. The seeress responds that decorations are in _______ for the imminent arrival of Balder.
2. Hyndla insults Freyja's _______ behavior and the goddess encircles her with flame.
3. Balder's mother is ________, according to the book.
4. The old woman reveals to Gylfi that she is in reality the goddess _______.
5. Svipdag is refused entry to a hall by the giant ______, according to the book's content.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)