|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Loki, Odin, and Honir go exploring and find _______ beneath a waterfall.
(a) An otter.
(b) A snake.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A mouse.
2. Loki is bound by entrails to ______ rocks , according to the book.
3. Gefion cuts a great piece of land which she drags into the water and calls _______.
4. The seeress reveals that ______ will kill Balder, which begins a chain of events.
5. Balder's mother is ________, according to the book.
6. A giantess named ______ is the only one that will not weep for Balder.
7. Hyndla gives Ottar the drink and says he will not ______ in that particular story.
8. Svipdag is refused entry to a hall by the giant ______, according to the book's content.
9. ______ tries to drink from a large horn but is unable to drain it.
10. Hrungir proposes they meet between Asgard and _________ to fight.
11. Odin once desired ________ daughter, according to the description in the story.
12. Odin travels to Hel's hall in ________, according to the book.
13. Loki spends _______ months imprisoned in a cage.
14. Thor agrees to wrestle Utgard-Loki's ________, within a myth of the book.
(d) Foster mother.
15. Loki's son Narvi is turned into ________ within the story of Loki's escape.
(a) An otter.
(b) An eel.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A salmon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dwarf is still in Thor's hall when ______, , according to the myth.
2. Loki kills the animal they found with a _______, according to the myth.
3. When Thor awakens he discovers that he is _______ within the myth.
4. Odin decides to take his horse ______ and ride to the giant Hrungir.
5. Thor demands to know the man's name and he replies that it is ________.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)