|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gods run out of _______ and seek the aid of Aegir, the god of the sea.
2. After the contests, Utgard-Loki declares he is the owner of _______.
(a) The glove.
(b) The necklace.
(c) The shoe.
(d) The hammer.
3. The boat that Thor is traveling on belongs to ______.
(a) Fenrir the Wolf.
(b) Harbard the Wolf.
(c) Hildolf the Wolf.
(d) Loki the Wolf.
4. _______ agrees to let the gods pay a ransom for the death of his kin.
5. The seeress states that Odin and ______ will conceive a child.
6. _____ is hung above Loki, dripping venom in his face.
(a) A spider.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A snake.
7. Ottar and Angantyr will be meeting in ______ days within the myth story.
8. Loki can earn his release if he brings _______ without his magic belt.
9. Svipdag calls to Groa at the gates of ________, within that myth's story.
10. Since the farmer's son broke _____, one of the animals is now lame.
(a) A bone.
(b) A tool.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A promise.
11. Hrungir proposes they meet between Asgard and _________ to fight.
12. Odin asks a seeress _______ at the east door a question.
13. The seeress responds that decorations are in _______ for the imminent arrival of Balder.
14. The sybil _______ tries to remove the bone but is unable to finish.
15. Thor and Loki take lodging in ________ when they are together in the particular myth in this section.
(a) A castle.
(b) A tent.
(c) A house.
(d) A goat shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Loki kills the animal they found with a _______, according to the myth.
2. Loki calls Bragi a coward and Idun a ______, according to the book.
3. The giant's name is ______.
4. Loki's son Narvi is turned into ________ within the story of Loki's escape.
5. The old woman reveals to Gylfi that she is in reality the goddess _______.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)