|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeking his giant parents, _______ confronts the dwarves and secures the secret drink.
2. Odin throws ______ into the ocean surrounding Midgard.
3. The gods are anxious at the loss of the fruit because without it they will _______.
(a) Grow old.
(c) Become mortal.
(d) Become weak.
4. The god _______ disguises himself as the giant Bolverk in order to acquire the secret drink.
5. Odin sacrifices _____ in order to gain knowledge from the spring of Mimir.
(a) His leg.
(b) His hand.
(c) His eye.
(d) His daughter.
6. Freyr gives to Skirnir his best horse and his magic ________.
(d) Arm band.
7. _______ days later, Loki tricks Idun into Midgard.
8. Heimdall brings the gift of _______ to Jarl within the book.
9. The gods then name the man ______.
10. The gods keep _____ with them to be watched over by Tyr.
11. Odin charges _______ to make war among the two kings of Midgard.
12. The old peasant couple the brothers stayed with was really ______ in disguise.
(a) Freyr and Gerd.
(b) Freyr and Freyja.
(c) Loki and Brokk.
(d) Odin and Frigg.
13. _______ demands that Loki replace the hair, according to the book's content.
14. The giant holding Idun is known as ________.
15. Loki borrow's Freyja's _______ to fly out in search of Mjollnir.
(c) Falcon skin.
(d) Flying carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freyja is enraptured by a ______ of fluid gold and wants to have it at any cost.
2. Two dwarves kill the man and use his blood to make _____ that will turn men into poets or wise men.
3. Odin decides to visit the giant _______ to engage him in a game of riddles.
4. Which of the following is not a child of Loki and Angrboda within the book?
5. ________ tells Loki, Honir, and Odin that ox they are roasting will cook if he can eat his fill.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)