|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Loki turns Idun into a _______ and carries her back to Asgard.
2. _______steals the oars of the ship, sends his brother out to sea, and is named King.
3. _______ the wolf breaks the links of the first two chains used to bind him.
4. _______ days later, Loki tricks Idun into Midgard.
5. Freyja breaks her _______ when she discovers she must be wed to a giant.
(d) Arm band.
6. The imposter Freyja eats a whole ox, a catch of fish and ______ horns of mead.
7. Two dwarves kill the man and use his blood to make _____ that will turn men into poets or wise men.
8. Thrall falls in love with ______ who is equally deformed and ugly.
(a) Rig the King.
(b) Amma the Just.
(c) Thir the Drudge.
(d) Kon the Crow.
9. _______ the father of Freyr sends Skirnir to discover wheat is the matter with him.
10. Which of the following is not a child of Loki and Angrboda within the book?
11. The gods assemble and decide to dress ______ as Freyja so Thor can recover Mjollnir.
12. The family of Karl and Snor and their twelve sons and ten daughters for the race of _________.
13. The wolf is gagged with a _____ stuck vertically in his jaws.
14. The old peasant couple the brothers stayed with was really ______ in disguise.
(a) Loki and Brokk.
(b) Freyr and Gerd.
(c) Freyr and Freyja.
(d) Odin and Frigg.
15. The Aesir and Vanir seal their truce by creating a man out of ______.
(b) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heimdall brings the gift of _______ to Jarl within the book.
2. Freyr gazes into the land of the giants and falls in love with ______.
3. When the Vanir suspect that they have been tricked by the Aesir, they cut off the head of _____.
4. Jarl is ______ to look at and masters sword play, according to the book.
5. The god _______ disguises himself as the giant Bolverk in order to acquire the secret drink.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)