|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the creation story, the fiery region to the South is known as _______, according to the book.
2. The god _______ disguises himself as the giant Bolverk in order to acquire the secret drink.
3. In the creation story, the icy region to the North is known as _______, according to the book.
4. The area in which the North and South regions meet is known as ___________, within the book.
5. The wolf is gagged with a _____ stuck vertically in his jaws.
6. _______ the giantess vows vengeance against the gods for the loss of her father.
7. _______ the father of Freyr sends Skirnir to discover wheat is the matter with him.
8. _______ sends a messenger to warn Geirrod not to welcome a strange visitor.
9. _______ the wolf breaks the links of the first two chains used to bind him.
10. Odin secretly lusts after ______, according to the book.
11. ______ disguises himself as a magician named Grimnir.
12. The gods keep _____ with them to be watched over by Tyr.
13. Grimnir is roasted over the flames on a spit for _______days.
14. Odin charges _______ to make war among the two kings of Midgard.
15. Freyr gives to Skirnir his best horse and his magic ________.
(c) Arm band.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ tells Loki, Honir, and Odin that ox they are roasting will cook if he can eat his fill.
2. _______ recommends that the gods accept the offer even though the goddess refuses.
3. ______ is destroyed in the war but the Vanir do not want to rebuild.
4. The Aesir and Vanir seal their truce by creating a man out of ______.
5. Asgard is linked to Midgard by _______, the rainbow bridge, according to the book.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)