|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Hyndla's Poem; Chapter 19, Thor's Duel with Hrungnir; Chapter 20, Odin and Billing's Daughter; Chapter 21, Gylfi and Gefion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gylfi tells an old woman he will give her as much of ______ as she can plow.
2. Hugi engages in ______ running contests with the challenger.
3. _______ the giantess vows vengeance against the gods for the loss of her father.
4. Discovering the trick, the man reveals his true identity as a _______.
(a) Rock giant.
(b) Frost Giant.
5. Odin and _______ give the giant many horns of ale, but he does not fall into a stupor.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ the wolf breaks the links of the first two chains used to bind him.
2. Geirrod's son Agnar offers grimnir a cup of _______.
3. Loki borrow's Freyja's _______ to fly out in search of Mjollnir.
4. _______ days later, Loki tricks Idun into Midgard.
5. The old peasant couple the brothers stayed with was really ______ in disguise.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)