Lesson 1 (from Chapter 1, The Creation; Chapter 2, The War of the Aesir and Vanir; Chapter 3, The BUilding of Asgard's Wall)
The creation story is how the stories of the Norse myths begins, with fire and ice. Today's objective is to discuss the power of a creation story and how it can influence those who read these sorts of stories.
1. Have each student describe their own creation story. Where did they come from?
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they know the creation story from their ancestors. Is this important to them?
3. As a class, have the students discuss the power of a creation story. Why is it important for all of the peoples of the world to have one? Why are so many of the creation stories the same?
4. Homework: Have each student research to find out more about one additional creation story, what it means, and how it compares to the Norse story.
5. Homework: Have students rewrite a creation story in a way...
This section contains 5,511 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)