|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maketsi so worried?
2. What is the name of the missing boy's father?
3. Where does Mma Ramotswe claim she got the medicine bag from?
4. Why does Alice Busang come to Mma Ramotswe?
5. What answer does Matekoni give as previously arranged with Mma Ramotswe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mma Ramotswe get the information needed by Alice Busang?
2. What are the strongest memories that Mma Ramotswe has regarding her father, and what comes to mind when she thinks of him?
3. What issues do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni share and have in common in their lives?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe finally resolve the case for her friend Hector?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe explain to Mma Notshi after learning that her husband is not there?
6. What discover does Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni make that not only worries him but concerns him for Mma Ramotswe's safety as well?
7. What case is Mma Ramotswe asked to look into after resolving the Patel issues?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe discover about Dr. Komoti after being caught in his yard?
9. How does Mma Ramotswe proceed with the case given to her by Hector Lepodise?
10. Before Mma Ramotswe can do anything more with the Gotso case, who comes to her for help, and what is the issue he needs her help with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Mr. Patel engage Mma Ramotswe's services? What information does he want? Why is his request detrimental to his family life? What other methods might he have employed instead? What bond is at risk as a result of this investigation? How does Mma Ramotswe resolve this case? What suggestions does she make to Mr. Patel? How are they received and why does he change his mind?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the 'handsome man'? Why is his wife suspicious of him? What do she, Mma Ramotswe, and all women in Botswana have in common? What does his wife want Mma Ramotswe to do? How does Mma Ramotswe provide the information she is looking for? Is Mma Ramotswe successful in solving this case? What is the main reason that this client is never charged a fee for Mma Ramotswe's services?
Essay Topic 3
What information does Mma Ramotswe get from Charlie Gotso? What does she give him in return? What information does Gotso want from her and why does she refuse to reveal it? Who does Mma want to meet with? What does she tell Gotso she can get him in return? What is the likelihood of this and why?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)