|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise does Mma Notshi reveal to Mma Ramotswe?
2. Where is Mma Ramotswe's house?
3. How does Mma Ramotswe feel about her successful resolution of the Patel case?
4. Who owns the van involved in this case?
5. How is Mma Ramotswe's presence detected by Komoti?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issue is distracting Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni from paying complete attention to Mma Ramotswe during their conversation after the Busang case?
2. Where does Mma Ramotswe go next and who does she pose as this time?
3. What is the next case that Mma Ramotswe undertakes after leaving Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe do in her efforts to help Dr. Maketsi?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe handle Charlie Gotso when she meets him, and what information does she refuse to divulge and why?
6. What are the strongest memories that Mma Ramotswe has regarding her father, and what comes to mind when she thinks of him?
7. How does Mma Ramotswe get the information needed by Alice Busang?
8. Before Mma Ramotswe can do anything more with the Gotso case, who comes to her for help, and what is the issue he needs her help with?
9. What does Mma Ramotswe explain to Mma Notshi after learning that her husband is not there?
10. What plan does Mma Ramotswe come up with to find out how much Charlie Gotso knows about the contents of the medicine bag in the glove box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Mme Ramotswe decide that a detective agency is the business is the type of firm she wants to invest her father's money in? What characteristics does she have that lead her to this type of employment? What events in her childhood have set her up for success? Who is partially responsible for her interest in this business and why?
Essay Topic 2
What trip does Mma Ramotswe take through the Kalahari? What is she reminded of as she makes this journey? Who is Mma Ramotswe going to meet? Does this meeting take place? Who does Mma Ramotswe pose as when she arrives, and what threat does she issue? Why is the person she threatens so sure that the threat carries no weight?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Mma Ramotswe go that reminds her of her childhood? What dangers are ever present in her mind as she travels through this region? What other considerations are there for traveling in this kind of environment? What differences does Mma Ramotswe recall during her trip as compared to the trip taken when she was younger? What promise did she make herself then? Is it fulfilled?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)