|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the objects identified as?
2. Who does Mma Ramotswe consult about this case?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe discover in her van on the way there?
4. How does Charlie Gotso treat his wife?
5. What contradiction does the portrait have for Mma Ramotswe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mma Notshi reveal to Mma Ramotswe after Mma Ramotswe's threats about arrest?
2. Where does Mma Ramotswe go next and who does she pose as this time?
3. How does Matekoni feel about his role in the subterfuge that plays out regarding Charlie Gotso's van and the glove box contents?
4. What happens when Mma Ramotswe tries to follow Dr. Komoti the second time?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe explain to Mma Notshi after learning that her husband is not there?
6. What are the main differences in Mma Ramotswe's life now as compared to her life when she was still with Note Mokoti?
7. Who is next to approach Mma Ramotswe with a case, and what is the issue that she needs her help with?
8. What else does Mma Ramotswe learn from Mma Notshi on the way to where the boy is tending the cattle?
9. What does Mma Ramotswe do in her efforts to help Dr. Maketsi?
10. What specific concerns does Dr. Maketsi have and what does he want Mma Ramotswe to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What case does Mma Ramotswe deal with after she concludes her case with Mr. Patel? How does she determine whether or not the client is right in her suspicions of her husband? Who does she turn to for information and what information is she looking for? How does she confirm the truth? How is this case successfully resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Mme Ramotswe decide that a detective agency is the business is the type of firm she wants to invest her father's money in? What characteristics does she have that lead her to this type of employment? What events in her childhood have set her up for success? Who is partially responsible for her interest in this business and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Mma Ramotswe help Mma Malatsi? What problem does Mma Malatsi present her with? How does Mma Ramotswe begin to track down the answers to this mystery? What services does she employ to help her? What skills does Mma Ramotswe demonstrate that have nothing to do with her job as a detective? What methods might she have employed were those skills not available to her?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)