|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Komoti go when Mma Ramotswe follows him?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe handle the intruder?
3. What does Maketsi think that Dr.Komoti is doing?
4. What contradiction does the portrait have for Mma Ramotswe?
5. What kind of professional is Mma Ramotswe seeking answers from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case is Mma Ramotswe asked to look into after resolving the Patel issues?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe explain to Mma Notshi after learning that her husband is not there?
3. What information does Dr. Gulubane give Mma Ramotswe about the contents of the medicine bag?
4. What issue is distracting Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni from paying complete attention to Mma Ramotswe during their conversation after the Busang case?
5. What are the main differences in Mma Ramotswe's life now as compared to her life when she was still with Note Mokoti?
6. What does Mma Ramotswe do in her efforts to help Dr. Maketsi?
7. What issues do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni share and have in common in their lives?
8. How does Mma Ramotswe get the information needed by Alice Busang?
9. Why is this worry compounded by the identity of the person who owns the van that the medicine bag was found in?
10. What happens when Mma Ramotswe tries to follow Dr. Komoti the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What trip does Mma Ramotswe take through the Kalahari? What is she reminded of as she makes this journey? Who is Mma Ramotswe going to meet? Does this meeting take place? Who does Mma Ramotswe pose as when she arrives, and what threat does she issue? Why is the person she threatens so sure that the threat carries no weight?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Mr. Patel engage Mma Ramotswe's services? What information does he want? Why is his request detrimental to his family life? What other methods might he have employed instead? What bond is at risk as a result of this investigation? How does Mma Ramotswe resolve this case? What suggestions does she make to Mr. Patel? How are they received and why does he change his mind?
Essay Topic 3
How does Precious meet her first husband? What attracts her to him? What kind of character does she discover in him? How does he reveal who he really is? Why does Precious marry him anyway? How does her father feel about the marriage? What does Mma Ramotswe's father do and why? How does this man affect Mma Ramotswe's future with men and why?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)