|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mma Ramotswe claim she got the medicine bag from?
2. Who does Mma Ramotswe have to put in his place on the way to Mafeking?
3. What characteristic does Mma Ramotswe extol regarding her maid?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe see when they get there?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe warn both men about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case is Mma Ramotswe asked to look into after resolving the Patel issues?
2. What does Mma Notshi reveal to Mma Ramotswe after Mma Ramotswe's threats about arrest?
3. How does Matekoni feel about his role in the subterfuge that plays out regarding Charlie Gotso's van and the glove box contents?
4. What issues do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni share and have in common in their lives?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe discover about Dr. Komoti after being caught in his yard?
6. Who is next to approach Mma Ramotswe with a case, and what is the issue that she needs her help with?
7. How does Mma Ramotswe finally resolve the case for her friend Hector?
8. Why is this worry compounded by the identity of the person who owns the van that the medicine bag was found in?
9. How does Mma Ramotswe handle Charlie Gotso when she meets him, and what information does she refuse to divulge and why?
10. Where does Mma Ramotswe see Dr. Komoti next and what does this tell her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What exactly is a red herring where writing is concerned? What is the red herring in this novel? When is it introduced? What is the purpose of a red herring in a story? What other reasons might an author have for including one? How might that mystery have been resolved had it not been a red herring?
Essay Topic 2
How does Precious meet her first husband? What attracts her to him? What kind of character does she discover in him? How does he reveal who he really is? Why does Precious marry him anyway? How does her father feel about the marriage? What does Mma Ramotswe's father do and why? How does this man affect Mma Ramotswe's future with men and why?
Essay Topic 3
Who does Mma Ramotswe go to see regarding the item Matekoni found? What does he reveal to her? What question does she ask where the answer surprises her? Why will the police have only limited interest in a crime of this nature? What plan does Mma Ramotswe devise to uncover the truth?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)