|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mma Ramotswe go to see?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe handle this case?
3. What does Gotso tell Mma Ramotswe she will get if she mentions his name?
4. What does Matekoni realize as he sits with Mma Ramotswe?
5. How does Charlie Gotso treat his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mma Ramotswe finally resolve the case for her friend Hector?
2. Where does Mma Ramotswe see Dr. Komoti next and what does this tell her?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe explain to Mma Notshi after learning that her husband is not there?
4. Where does Mma Ramotswe go next and who does she pose as this time?
5. What discover does Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni make that not only worries him but concerns him for Mma Ramotswe's safety as well?
6. What does Mma Notshi reveal to Mma Ramotswe after Mma Ramotswe's threats about arrest?
7. How does Mma Ramotswe handle Charlie Gotso when she meets him, and what information does she refuse to divulge and why?
8. What plan does Mma Ramotswe come up with to find out how much Charlie Gotso knows about the contents of the medicine bag in the glove box?
9. What are the main differences in Mma Ramotswe's life now as compared to her life when she was still with Note Mokoti?
10. What happens when Mma Ramotswe tries to follow Dr. Komoti the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Mr. Patel engage Mma Ramotswe's services? What information does he want? Why is his request detrimental to his family life? What other methods might he have employed instead? What bond is at risk as a result of this investigation? How does Mma Ramotswe resolve this case? What suggestions does she make to Mr. Patel? How are they received and why does he change his mind?
Essay Topic 2
How does Precious meet her first husband? What attracts her to him? What kind of character does she discover in him? How does he reveal who he really is? Why does Precious marry him anyway? How does her father feel about the marriage? What does Mma Ramotswe's father do and why? How does this man affect Mma Ramotswe's future with men and why?
Essay Topic 3
Who does Mma Ramotswe go to see regarding the item Matekoni found? What does he reveal to her? What question does she ask where the answer surprises her? Why will the police have only limited interest in a crime of this nature? What plan does Mma Ramotswe devise to uncover the truth?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)