|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the calf tell the boys?
2. What else does Mma Ramotswe contemplate?
3. Who invades Happy's life, requiring her to seek Mma Ramotswe's aid?
4. Through which dangerous area does she drive?
5. What did Obed invest all of his money in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What alternate avenue of education does Precious get as a child and what is she taught there?
2. What concerns do J.L.B. Matekoni and Mma Ramotswe share about the missing boy, believed to have been kidnapped?
3. What is the cause of Obed Ramotswe's death?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe track down the truth about Peter Malatsi and what does she discover?
5. When does Precious leave home, and where does she go?
6. What do Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni and Mma Ramotswe discuss while they visit?
7. What happens to Precious when she tells Note she is pregnant?
8. Why does the young boy get into the truck with two strangers?
9. What happens when Mma Ramotswe suggests that Mr. Patel be less controlling?
10. Why does Mma Malatsi come to Mma Ramotswe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What exactly is a red herring where writing is concerned? What is the red herring in this novel? When is it introduced? What is the purpose of a red herring in a story? What other reasons might an author have for including one? How might that mystery have been resolved had it not been a red herring?
Essay Topic 2
What trip does Mma Ramotswe take through the Kalahari? What is she reminded of as she makes this journey? Who is Mma Ramotswe going to meet? Does this meeting take place? Who does Mma Ramotswe pose as when she arrives, and what threat does she issue? Why is the person she threatens so sure that the threat carries no weight?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the 'handsome man'? Why is his wife suspicious of him? What do she, Mma Ramotswe, and all women in Botswana have in common? What does his wife want Mma Ramotswe to do? How does Mma Ramotswe provide the information she is looking for? Is Mma Ramotswe successful in solving this case? What is the main reason that this client is never charged a fee for Mma Ramotswe's services?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)