|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mma Ramotswe's first client?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe disguise herself to solve this case?
3. Through which dangerous area does she drive?
4. What does she discover in the course of her employment at the trucking company?
5. What is Mr. Patel's first reaction to Mma Ramotswe's report and suggestions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mma Ramotswe suggests that Mr. Patel be less controlling?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe track down the truth about Peter Malatsi and what does she discover?
3. What concerns do J.L.B. Matekoni and Mma Ramotswe share about the missing boy, believed to have been kidnapped?
4. What do Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni and Mma Ramotswe discuss while they visit?
5. How do the men in the truck distract the boy long enough to get him away?
6. How does Mma Ramotswe help Happy Bapetsi?
7. Who helped Precious on her road to education, and later provides a place for her to stay when she leaves home after her schooling is complete?
8. When does Precious leave home, and where does she go?
9. What issue, common in the mines of South Africa, does Obed witness that causes him to quit his job?
10. How did the young boy disappear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Mma Ramotswe go to see regarding the item Matekoni found? What does he reveal to her? What question does she ask where the answer surprises her? Why will the police have only limited interest in a crime of this nature? What plan does Mma Ramotswe devise to uncover the truth?
Essay Topic 2
How many different disguises or identities does Mma Ramotswe assume in this book? What are they and which case is each for? What is Mma Ramotswe's position regarding these white lies? Who balks at having to tell a 'white lie' on her behalf and how does she explain her position to him?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the 'handsome man'? Why is his wife suspicious of him? What do she, Mma Ramotswe, and all women in Botswana have in common? What does his wife want Mma Ramotswe to do? How does Mma Ramotswe provide the information she is looking for? Is Mma Ramotswe successful in solving this case? What is the main reason that this client is never charged a fee for Mma Ramotswe's services?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)